“Unbelievably PERFECT”

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Meridian, MS
“Unbelievably PERFECT”
Reviewed 26 September 2007

I stayed here for a business trip and have to say they went above and beyond any other hotel I've stayed at! And the price was unbelievable! Only $99 for the convention I was attending! This room not only had more room in it then any other hotel I've been in but it had fantastic amenities like a HUGE 42 inch High Definition LCD TV and FREE wireless internet! The hotel is new and they definately thought of everything needed for a great place to stay and used them all! Great job Hilton!

• Liked — Huge High Def. LCD TV, LARGE room, very convenient location
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything bad about this one!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank travelboy2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 September 2007

We stayed on Friday (8/31) night for a rewards night (cost: 30,000 points) and were so pleased with the overall experience that we checked back in two hours after leaving for another reward night (it didn’t hurt that we had decent luck at the casinos the night before). The hotel is, as you would expect for a brand new hotel, in excellent shape and the reception staff was very enthusiastic and courteous. One nice touch: a small box of chocolates on the night stand.

Pool: Located on the 12th floor, very small, but with a sufficient amount of chairs and loungers plus a great view.

Food: One of the features that they offer a diamond member using a rewards night is free breakfast for two – in room or in the restaurant. We tried the restaurant for breakfast the first day and found the food to be very good (try the crawfish & egg dish). The next day we tried room service and were glad we were not paying for it as the room service does not include coffee or tea with your meal as it does in the restaurant, thus our bill would have been over $30 with the taxes, service fees, etc included.

Parking: is shared with the convention center but is covered and directly across the street from the hotel (self $3, valet $8). I suggest parking yourself on the floor level with the street There is a walkway on the upper floor – but it’s for the convention folks.

Casino location: Sam Town is within easy walking distance (less than 10 minutes) but I don’t recommend it at night. The Hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle. The El Dorado is across the street from the Sam Town.

Nearby restaurants: We always like to go to Nicky’s Mexican restaurant in the covered area adjacent to the El Dorado. They have a great happy hour and they make a really good burger for $6! (Our bill was $23 for two large Dos Equis with two cheese burgers - tax and tip included). Another one of our favorites is the restaurant in the El Dorado as they have great Chinese food (almost as good as a PF Changs).

• Liked — Rooms, location
  • Disliked — Room service prices - but they are not out of line with other downtown hotels
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
8 Thank DazedNAmused
Plantersville, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2007

~~We recently decided to take a quick trip to the Shreveport-Bossier City area. With that decision made I immediately began researching hotels and recommendations on tripadvisor.
~~I saw that Hampton was ranked number 1 and I have to admit I have always had great experiences at the Hampton hotels so I checked out the website of Hampton and the Hilton family of hotels. The rate was reasonable so I contacted the hotel directly to inquire about the type of room available, from prior experience I have found that many Hampton Inns have 2 queen beds available and that was what we were looking for this time - a very nice young lady told me that no, they did not have queen beds at their location only doubles and kings. However, since I had mentioned that I was an HHonors member (the value card from Hilton Group) for email specials, etc. she advised me to contact the Hilton downtown. I thanked her for the information and called the Hilton Shreveport.
~~The rooms did indeed have 2 queen beds and there was a vacancy for the next night as that was when we needed the room. I immediately booked with confirmation number assigned. When we arrived Friday afternoon (had spent some time at Louisiana Downs and Harrah's Casino - got to town early) it was around 3 pm. As we pulled into the check - in area a very nice young man from the valet station (his name is Roger) immediately came over and offered assistance with our vehicle and luggage. As this is a downtown location I was unsure of the parking situation. He advised that we could valet park ($8.00) or self park in the parking garage across the street $3.00). ~~However, if we wanted to self park he would be more than happy to help us unload first so that we did not have to carry luggage back to the hotel. I was very impressed with his attitude. As it was about 110 degrees, been on the road (and in the casino) for about 8 hours I felt it best to smile and hand Roger my keys.
~~ Another young man (sorry I did not get his name) came over to assist Roger with our bags and load them to take up to our room. I with husband and teenage son in tow went in to the front desk. Very nice young lady greeted us with a smile, retrieved our reservation information and handed us the keys. Fast and efficient. Wonderful!
~~ We headed to the room with bellman - once inside room he patiently explained all the features of the room, making sure we knew where everything was located (thermostat, hidden mini-fridge, tv remote - you know those most important things besides the bed!) We thanked him for all of his assistance and he then inquired if he could get us some ice before he left...Wonderful again!!
~~ We decided to chill awhile before exploring for a nice restaurant - the front desk clerk had mentioned that they had a shuttle which ran to all the casinos, restaurants and shopping locales within about 3-5 mile radius of hotel. So after a couple of hours of rest and relaxation we contacted front desk about the shuttle van and any recommendations for an evening meal, possibly one of the casinos as my hubby enjoys a good hand of blackjack. The gentleman said to come on down when ready, the shuttle would be there to take us where we would like to go-he said the Horshoe Casino was definitely the best buffet and on Friday nights they have a good seafood selection in addition to there regular items for us to check it out, if that did not appeal to us, check out the Four Winds with an Asian menu. It was always very good.
~~When we arrived downstairs, the shuttle was pulling into the waiting area, the young man Roger immediately jumped out of the shuttle van and assisted us aboard. We told him we had been told to try the buffet at the Horseshoe Casino - he said that was a very good choice. As he quickly made his way the couple of miles there, he made great conversation and advised that he would be working the shuttle runs that night and just give him a call when we were ready for pickup. We arrived at the Horseshoe and made was to the restaurant for Friday seafood buffet - it is definitely a popular place to be. We enjoyed a good meal, spent some time at the shops while my husband enjoyed a few hands of blackjack, called Roger for pickup. He came right away and whisked us back to the Hilton - making sure there was no other locations we would like to go. Told him, thank you but no, not tonight. He smiled and understood, he advised that if we did decide to go back to the casinos later the van shuttle ran 24 hours.
~~~~We had a great night's rest and totally enjoyed the experience. We had to head out early the next morning but will defintely make this a favorite quick trip place. We are not able to travel alot or for very long periods because we are self employed with a small business. However, we try to take a road trip every few months at least for a day or two. Already making plans to go back in the fall/christmas season with some family members for a couple of days. I was so impressed with the accomodations, service and free shuttle transportation, even though it may cost a little more than our usual Hampton Inn allowance but it was worth every penny!!! Hope you give it a try~I think you'll enjoy it too.

• Liked — Liked it all!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
8 Thank lady_k_online
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 8 July 2007

The Hilton Shreveport is an excellent value and you get top notch service! It is attached to the Convention Center but has its own entrance. This hotel is brand new (built from the ground up, not a renovation property) and has been open for a little over a month. The top floor houses a small gym and rooftop pool with excellent views. It is close to the casinos and new movie theater/outdoor outlet shopping center. The bedrooms are a good size with flat screen TVs, comfy bedding, granite in the bathrooms, and Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. This is as good as it gets in Shreveport (unless you stay in a Casino) and this hotel could easily hold its own against another Hilton in a major city. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Everything was brand new and up to date
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jgabenne
East Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2007

This new, beautiful, but DISORGANIZED hotel gave us a better than mediocre experience. My husband and I are not continental travelers, but we do spend plenty of time in hotels in Texas and Mexico. Our favorite Hilton is the Hilton Americas in Downtown Houston. After reading the previous trip advisor review for the new Hilton in Shreveport, I could not wait to visit the hotel. We were not aware of this new location. We had already planned to visit the casinos, so we decided to stay at the Hilton. The Hotel is beautiful. The rooms are HUGE! The beds are comfortable! The food was excellent (a fusion blend of Cajun, Creole and American - creole shrimp and grits for breakfast, for example & great deserts), although the selection was quite limited. Most of the employees we dealt with were friendly with a true Southern Hospitality, however they all seemed new to the Hilton Brand, and there was some confusion in genereal and confusion specifically with our reservation. We stayed four nights - the first half of our trip was WONDERFUL! They gave us a great suite with a PERFECT view for the "romance package", but then we were moved to another room. Hotel management stated there was a "construction issue" on our floor, however I overheard that rooms on our floor were needed for a wedding. This room was a typical "priceline" (or government rate) room - end of the hall with a view of the smelting plant and the hotel's roof. The door did not even have a "safety latch". The hotel occupancy was less than 40%, so they could have given us a better room, and we didn't complain because we had had a great time thus far. On Monday night, we were tired and called for room service at 10 p.m. We were told that even though the in-room menu stated service was available until 11 p.m., no one would take or bring us an order. So we called Pizza Hut! Also, the hotel info stated Sunday brunch was offered - not true yet! Otherwise, the workout room was well equiped, the "saline" pool was small, but fun and the spa was perfectly hot. They didn't offer local transportation to the casinos, which could be an issue for those who enjoy drinking while gaming.

When we checked out, our reservation rate had been changed to a higher rate than our confirmation and we had been charged for room service breakfast, which was supposed to come with the room rate - this issue was not "fixed" even with several attempts on our part. Again, we didn't complain much, because the overall experience was within reason even with higher than expected expenses. I am planning to write management to discuss this issue. WE WILL definitely stay here again after the hotel has been open for at least six more months to determine a truer opinion. Just don't expect a 4 star Hilton experience - until "they" have more on the job experience at the Hilton Shreveport, maybe after January 2008!

J & M Mc from East Texas

• Liked — new and fiendly staff
  • Disliked — Disorganization
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank marion1422
Schwechat, Austria
Reviewed 12 June 2007

I stayed at this hotel the first week that it opened, and I was very impressed,to say the least. It is not only the #1 hotel in Shreveport, but it is one of the nicest Hiltons that I have ever stayed at.

Being a new hotel, all of the furnishings are new, and in that new Hilton style. Great pool on the 12th floor, along with a workout room and a spa. There is a good restaurant downstairs, bar, and it is attached to the convention center. In a city with nothing but old, funky, smoky casinos, it is nice to stay at a place that caters to the business traveler, and not the nickel slot crowd! A top-notch place, and it will definitely be tops on my list for a while!!

• Liked — New,Clean, and not a gaming establishment
  • Disliked — Nothing yet!!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank Addicted_to_SBH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#6 of 35 in Bossier City
Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport-South
Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!