“Southern Hospitality”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Atlanta, Georgia
“Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We arrived late on a Friday nite,I had made reservations on line and put in the wrong dates I was greeted with a "No problem I can take care of you Sir" I was checked in in a flash give my meal options and was asked was their anything else I needed. My wife had injured her self on the trip and I was able to secure a wheelchair for upon her our return from dinner.I was greatful for the attntion to servuce A++++++ for this staff!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Polish first
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Unbelievable staff!!! Caring, helpful, friendly. Hotels are a regular part of my week and this is by far the best location for SERVICE AND STAFF!!! Rooms were very nice, as any Hilton property, it is the entire staff that make this wonderful difference. We enjoyed it so much that we have scheduled another stay for Feb. and March 2013.

Shreveport
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I enjoyed my stay. The staff was amazing and he room was nice! I had and executive suite and i loved it. Well worth the money. I love the location of downtown Shreveport. The boardwalk was less that five miles away. Perfect for work or play.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Drinks in the bar and the excellent 3am suggestion of the night check-in clerk to try their preferred out-of-hours bar/pizza restaurant as an alternative to room service made our stay at the Hilton Shreveport an extremely pleasant if only partially remembered one. Free shuttle must have found us and brought us home on at least 3 separate occasions, so big shout-out to shuttle guy for that. If you're going to the El Dorado, stay at the Hilton for the service and the shuttle and because, with all the money you're going to lose, it won't have mattered how much you spent on a hotel. The Shreveport Hilton is a must-visit destination in a bizarre alternate dimension much superior to our own. Ain't no party like a coonass party.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mbdunham
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback and continuously strive to satisfy our guests and their requests. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 12 January 2013

The food is not very good and the only sundries area is in Starbucks which kept very short hours (closing around 1:30 in the afternoon). The room was clean and fine, but since it is not by any restaurants or convenient stores, you are at their mercy for food. At least I finally found a vending machine on the 12th floor!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
hiltonshreveport, Director of Sales at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel. I am sorry that you found our food to not be to your standards. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have an exceptional stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The Hotel was nice with very friendly staff and guests. The great thing about this hotel was the Shuttle service that was 24/7 that not only dropped us off anywhere we wanted to go they also came and picked us up. I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: The 12th floor has the spa, gym, and heated swimming pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Very nice property, clean, convenient and has a first rate staff. Bed was very comfortable, valet parking a bargain, located close to major freeways, overall, the best hotel we have found in Shreveport. Without exception every employee we encountered at the Hilton was friendly, helpful and made the stay very pleasant. If you are fortunate enough to have Elonda working the front desk when you check in you will have no worries at all. We have stayed in hotels all across the country and have not had an experience more pleasant than our stay at this Hilton. There is a Starbucks located in the lobby - a huge plus for me. All our meals were off property so can not comment on the restaurant or lounge. Hotel was not very busy during our stay so there were no delays in any request (more towels, valet bringing the car around, etc). One more thing - on a very cold morning valet turned our seat heaters on as she was bringing the car around - loved getting in the car and the seat was already warm! There were NO negatives during our stay - everything was completely positive.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river provide a great view.
1 Thank BayouBelle51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
#8 of 37 in Shreveport
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!