“No cell coverage, unreliable WiFi, mediocre service and dated rooms.”
Review of Hilton Shreveport

Hilton Shreveport
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I have used this property over 10 times the last 6 months for business travel. Hilton name brands (as opposed to Hampton Inn, Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, etc) generally offer better accommodations, more amenities and better overall service. This is not the case for the Hilton Downtown Shreveport. First, the rooms are dated. On my last visit the room they gave me on the 2nd floor looked right out to some sort of roof structure for one of the worst 'views' I have ever had in a hotel. The carpet in the room was not flat, it was bubbled and while not a big deal it was reflective of the overall poor quality of the property. And it was annoying. The bathroom sinks spray water like a shower head which is not good because it sprays water all over the vanity. The water temp was very inconsistent and a couple of times I was brushing my teeth with warm water. I was there for 3 nights and they did not refresh toiletries at all (I had to call front desk my last night to request more and they had them brought up within 15 minutes).

Biggest complaint is the horrible, nearly non-existent, cell phone coverage. The WiFi is equally bad. I had to constantly re-connect after logging in to the Hilton WiFi page. And when I was connected the bandwidth was about equal to a 56k dial-up modem.

Another complaint is the lobby bar. There is one bartender in particular that has absolutely no business being in a customer facing position. I've had more than one order messed up, wrong (over) charges on my tab and the service from this particular person is totally unacceptable.

After several attempts (shame on me for continued efforts but I want to keep earning points with Hilton and the location is decent) I have finally decided I can no longer patronize this establishment.

I will either use the new Homewood/ Garden Inn in Bossier City or the Marriott at the River Walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can have cell phone and wifi access.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

we sincerely apologize for our falling short of a guests expectation. We presently have 10 rooms we have updgraded to "cell phone boosters" as a complete cell phone upgrade is presently not financially feasible. Please ask for one of these rooms as we hope to see you again soon. We will keep adding this upgrade until complete hotel is available all the time. We will look into our wi-fi issues as this brand standard was just installed summer and has been working great so far. We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stay here on my business trips to Shreveport, it is one of my favorite Hilton properties. Very nice new hotel, great rooms. Best part is the parking garage across the street that you are only charged $6 a night to park in, it has a sky bridge across to hotel, very safe and easy. As a diamond member I almost always get upgraded to executive suite, which is an awesome room. No Hilton honors lounge is the only disappointment Fitness facility is the best I've seen in a Hilton, pool, indoor hot tub, they have it all. Also, the breakfast, free to Diamond members in the morning is incredible, hot breakfast with everything and its all great! Dinner menu is very reasonable if you wish to eat at hotel. Great Hilton property, its the only place to stay in Norther LA in my opinion.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback and continuously strive to satisfy our guests and their requests. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon. We are working presently on the installation of a executive floor, HHonors lounge. Due to space limitations available in the hotel as we are newly built (6 years old), we are working on a way to make this happen. Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

If you need a nice hotel and are willing to pay a little more this one has never disappointed me. Close enough to cool places like the blind tiger and the outlet mall and casino yet just far enough away. Nice big bar downstairs with room to finish your email on your laptop.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Another great Hilton with that awesome old fashioned customer care. These folks really go out of their way to take care of you. No request is denied. I enjoyed the restaurant also. Very good breakfast with a touch of class

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I stay here 8-10 times per year on business. Always clean and efficient. Only comment is the cell phone reception in the rooms on the 4th floor is a bit spotty. If you need your cell phone ( who doesn't) request a room on the upper floors.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2013

1 night in town travelling from Dallas to Memphis via Little Rock. The room was clean, spacious, and extremely comfortable. I did not get a chance to use any of the great amenities such as the pool, hot tub, or Gym. However I am looking forward to my next stay in the city and hopefully it will be for more than 1 night. But if I only have 1 night, this hotel is my choice to stay.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2013

1 Night in town for work, upgraded to top floor king suite. Overall condition of hotel was great, clean and very comfortable. Gym on top floor is a nice touch, it overlooks the city and has plenty to work with. Pool and indoor hot tub up there as well but didn't use. Had dinner downstairs and food and service was excellent!

Room itself was very comfortable and slept well. They really did go above and beyond to make stay perfect. I would stay again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
Horseshoe Bossier City
#4 of 35 in Bossier City
Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!