Hilton Shreveport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
Boomtown Hotel Casino(Bossier City)
1,124 results
All reviewsconvention centerrooftop poolfront deskfree shuttleshuttle servicediamond memberself parkingvalet staffrestaurant staffnice hotelroom servicetop floorriver viewthe entire staffbusiness tripred rivereasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Staff was extremely nice and helpful, especially young lady at the reception counter, however the bathroom was dirty upon arrival. The staff was quick to give accurate directions to places in town, as well as the airport. When I arrived, the bathroom had many long black hairs scattered around on the floor and on the tub. I have short brown hair so it did not come in with me. I had to clean the bathroom myself before using it. I did not complain or ask for a room as I had such an early flight I had to get to sleep as quick as possible.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed at this Hilton for multiple nights. I stayed here couple of times in the past. My experience with Hilton Shreveport had always been good. When we arrive, I found the check in process was quite fast. She gave us two water bottles and cookies. The front desk staff is quite prompt and courteous.
The house keeping service during our this particular stay was a bit poor and inconsistent. After two nights of stay I had to ask the front desk to have housekeeping bring bath soap to the room because they forgot leaving soap. When I came back to the room in the evening, I see a bunch of lotion, shampoos and conditioners bottles, but no bath soap. After calling front desk again next day to remind about the soap, housekeeping brought in extra towels and more shampoo. Funny that still no bath soap. Eventually, calling front desk for the third time was a charm and housekeeping brought in the bath soap. Not sure if the hotel was short on supplies or there is a real problem with housekeeping. Nonetheless, during our previous stays, we did not seee such problem, but also we did not stay for more than two nights in a stretch. Beside this small annoyance, overall our stay was good.
On positive note, the staff at lobby bar was very good (do not remember his name). The first night, we ordered food at the bar, and the server went out of his way to accommodate our food choice etc. Impressive service. Room service was prompt and very good. The breakfast service in the restaurant was a bit slow unless you go for buffet breakfast. The food choice in buffet breakfast was sort of limited.
Overall. besides minor issue with housekeeping, our stay at Hilton was good. Will stay here again.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

First let me say that i normally don't feel the need to give bad reviews but this hotel I did. My husband and I arrived saturday evening for a little getaway for the night. The driving to the hotel and the parking garage and all that was the least of my problmes. Yes I accidently paid $5 to get out of the garage, not realizing I didn't need to. You do have to walk a little bit which wasn't a problem. We arrived at the hotel around 7pm and the place/bar was hoping. We put our luggage in our room and left to go to the boardwalk and the boat. We arrived back at the hotel around 10:15. We knew room service ended at 11pm so we asked the front desk if we could place an order downstairs and have it delivered upstairs. We were told know that we needed to order it in our room. So we went upstairs, stayed on the phone for 20 minutes waiting for room service to anwser. Even called the front desk and told them about our problem and all they did was transfer us to room service so we could listen to the phone ring again. We finally decided we would get dressed and leave the hotel once again to go get something to eat and make a complaint while going downstairs. Just as we were walking out of our room, I see a room service personnel playing in the hallway and I yelled "hey, we would like to plce an order" The person said, what room are you in, we will call you in 5 minutes. We went back into our room. They called us about 15 minutes later and we placed our order. In the meantine, I walked into the bathroom for the first time, the floor was sticky. Like it had been cleaned but the cleaner wasn't wiped up from the floor. We finally got our room service around 11:15 and the food was horrible. I ordered a club sandwhich and fries and my hubby ordered the steak and eggs. $50 later! While waiting for the room service, we decided to fill out the breakfast in bed card and hung it on our door. Thinking the room service person would see it and grab it and our order would be ready at the time requested. We woke up at 5:30am to pipes rattling in the wall because our neighbor was taking a shower. It was LOUD. Around 9am, we knew our breakfast would be showing up, we looked out the door to see if room service might be on their way and our breakfast in bed card was still on our door. We promptly got dressed and went downstairs and checked out. We weren't even asked when we checked out if everything was ok because if they would have asked, they would have heard the story. But instead they handed us our receipt for the evening's room service and we left. We go to Shreveport often for little getaways and I can guarentee that we won't be staying here again!

Room Tip: don't always go by the pictures or the "Name" of the hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Candi M
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Nothing to write home about. The room was big enough. Blackout curtain didn't quite black out. Light came through bottom area in the morning. We were in room 306. Our view was of a brick wall. Sometimes I think they give Priceline members the worst rooms. Checkin and checkout was easy enough. Beware of extra charges. We parked in the uncovered parking lot adjacent to hotel and were still charged $5 for parking. Made a 10 second phone call to an hour away and were charged $6. No cell phone service in room. "Free" Wifi was asking for room number and if we wanted to bill it to room. No thanks. Pillows were very uncomfortable so bring your own. Hilton used to stand for something better.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

We sincerely apologize for not achieving the expected level of service our guests have come to expect from out hotel. We have taken the room out of service to repiar/replace those items addressed in this guest comment. We hope to see this guiest again. Our rooms are per brand standard, assigned by room type request, starting with all HHonors members first. There is no "screeing" taking place on what source books the reservation. THank you again, we can not address issues to correct with out this feedback...we sinderely appreciate it.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I have used this property over 10 times the last 6 months for business travel. Hilton name brands (as opposed to Hampton Inn, Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, etc) generally offer better accommodations, more amenities and better overall service. This is not the case for the Hilton Downtown Shreveport. First, the rooms are dated. On my last visit the room they gave me on the 2nd floor looked right out to some sort of roof structure for one of the worst 'views' I have ever had in a hotel. The carpet in the room was not flat, it was bubbled and while not a big deal it was reflective of the overall poor quality of the property. And it was annoying. The bathroom sinks spray water like a shower head which is not good because it sprays water all over the vanity. The water temp was very inconsistent and a couple of times I was brushing my teeth with warm water. I was there for 3 nights and they did not refresh toiletries at all (I had to call front desk my last night to request more and they had them brought up within 15 minutes).

Biggest complaint is the horrible, nearly non-existent, cell phone coverage. The WiFi is equally bad. I had to constantly re-connect after logging in to the Hilton WiFi page. And when I was connected the bandwidth was about equal to a 56k dial-up modem.

Another complaint is the lobby bar. There is one bartender in particular that has absolutely no business being in a customer facing position. I've had more than one order messed up, wrong (over) charges on my tab and the service from this particular person is totally unacceptable.

After several attempts (shame on me for continued efforts but I want to keep earning points with Hilton and the location is decent) I have finally decided I can no longer patronize this establishment.

I will either use the new Homewood/ Garden Inn in Bossier City or the Marriott at the River Walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can have cell phone and wifi access.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

we sincerely apologize for our falling short of a guests expectation. We presently have 10 rooms we have updgraded to "cell phone boosters" as a complete cell phone upgrade is presently not financially feasible. Please ask for one of these rooms as we hope to see you again soon. We will keep adding this upgrade until complete hotel is available all the time. We will look into our wi-fi issues as this brand standard was just installed summer and has been working great so far. We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused.