“recent stay”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
New York City, New York
“recent stay”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This has been our go to hotel in Shreveport when visiting family in the area. The rooms are comfortable amenities good- I was a little put off that this our 4 or 5 th visit and the third time ive had a room with a view of a wall

Also we had a late breakfast and were leaving the room while the maid was servicing next door- she saw us come out but never serviced our room?

The restaurant for breakfast as usual was extremely accommodating and does a great job

Room Tip: ask for a high floor or a room facing Bossier
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us in shreveport. While we continously strive to meet or exceed each and every guests request daily, we seemed to have fallen short on your room view request. While there may be a number of circumstances with our obligations to Honors guests, group attendees, rate and room type committments, we need to do a better job trying to find a way to satisfy each request. Thank you for sharing this information as it will help us achieve our goal of meeting your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Hilton Shreveport exceeded my expectations. I called from the Shreveport airport for their free shuttle service. I was informed by the friendly front desk gal, "Oh, Ms Wittig, the shuttle is on the way."

The drive was approximately 10 minutes from the airport. All three of the front desk people exuded southern hospitality. The public area/lobby was modern and large -- what I would expect from a Hilton, but the colorful bouquet of fresh cut flowers was an unexpected touch.

After checking out the roof-top pool, and the sunset over Shreveport, I went to the bar/restaurant to wait for colleagues coming in on a later flight. My server, Terrance, was attentive and made me feel welcome even though I was not dining there. I had a nice Sauvignon Blanc and plugged into the electric outlet adjacent to my spacious, modern booth and got some work done while waiting.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 8th floor or above -- I have a nice view of the Red River form up here!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences while staying with us in Shreveport recently. It is only through feedback from valued guests such as yourself that we can truely address our strengths and weeknesses. We strive daily to meet or exceed our guest expectations and are delighted to know that during your stay, we had success in our quest towards that goal. We hope to see you again sometime soon.
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for three nights. I worked late and slept in each morning leaving the hotel by 12 noon. I received no room servicing on any day I was there -- even though the maid saw me leave my room on both days. I overlooked it the first day, but on the second day when I was gone till late in the evening -- I was very upset to find a dirty room! And to add insult to injury, on my last morning (I had an early flight) -- there was no hot water -- so I went to the airport without showering. I'd have to think long and hard about staying here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
hiltonshreveport, General Manager at Hilton Shreveport, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay with us. While we strive to meet and exceed all of our guest expectations, we clearly fell short during your stay. I am hopeful you will be willing to email my personal email at mike.green@hilton.com so that i may further discuss resolving this service shortcoming during our stay.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and i look forward to speaking with you in person.
NJ
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were visiting family in the area. Before leaving on this trip, a member of our family arranged for us to use a friends and family discount on the price of the stay. I am not sure if this is the reason we were treated like an unwanted house guest or not. We asked for a river view when the reservations were made and we had a lovely view of the roof, air conditioning and restaurant exhaust fans. The hotel was not full but we could not change our room. The room was clean and spacious but that is where all the positives ended. You had a choice of self-park or valet parking, we decided upon self-park since the lot was directly across the street. This was met with a palatable degree of disapproval from the valet staff. I couldn’t remark on housekeeping because I think we saw them once during our 4 day stay. We’ve stayed in Hilton before but this hotel will get a pass if we stay in the area in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and comments from your recent stay In Shreveport. While we strive all day every day to meet or exceed our guests expectations, clearly we fell short of that goal during your stay. We do care and are sorry for any and all inconveniences we caused you during your stay. We can only improve by addressing comments shared with us by valued guests such as yourself and hope that some day you might consider affording us another opportunity to demonstrate our committment.
Thank you again...
Tyler, United States
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I enjoyed the stay in Shreveport, Louisiana. The hotel is nice and accomadating. The only problem that I had was there was no hot water when I took a shower. The lobby is very nice and so was the room itself.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in Shreveport. We truely value you as a guest and your comments are very important to us in order to improve. We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.
Eleuthera
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel is about 10 minutes from the airport. It sits in the heart of downtown Shreveport and offers a shuttle to go over to the Bossier City side or to the casinos. The hotel has a parking deck close across the street. The inside of the hotel is nice and the staff was very nice and friendly. They even gave us 2 free drinks stubs for the bar. The rooms were big enough with comfortable beds and all the amenities you'd expect for a Hilton. I recommend the hotel very highly. Probably the nicest in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton in Shreveport. We appreciate you taking the time share with us and value your comments as they are crucial to our continued efforts towards meeting and exceeding our guests expectatons. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you again soon.
Bossier City
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel was part of a honeymoon gift to us and we enjoyed our stay because the hotel in relative new and the room and the hotel are in wonderful condition. Unfortunately as part of the package we were supposed to get strawberries and wine upon arrival but only found the wine in our room and missed the breakfast in the room because we didn't see the card to fill out and turn in by 2 am. Still had a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Hilton in Shreveport. It is crucial we receive feedback in order to better serve our guests. Your comments have been shared with our staff and if you would like to contact me offline regarding the absence of the right ammenities in your room upon your arrival, i would be happy to discuss and see how we might correct our mistake. (mike.green@hilton.com)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
#6 of 35 in Bossier City
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,268 reviews
Chateau Suite Hotel, Downtown Shreveport
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!