“Nice stay at Shreveport Hilton!”
Review of Hilton Shreveport

Hilton Shreveport
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 28 December 2010

My sister and I stayed there while attending the 2010 Independence Bowl game. The guys at the front were a tremendous help to us. Being two senior women in an unfamiliar city, we didn't know our way around. Michael and Randall both helped guide us everywhere we needed to go (shopping, stadium, pep rally, how to get back home). They helped with our luggage and were very courteous and friendly. The front desk was not as friendly but was courteous. All the restaurant staff was friendly and professional as well. Our room was very clean and comfortable. Not noisy at all. We enjoyed our stay in Shreveport.

• Stayed: December 2010

Reviewed 25 October 2010

I've given the GM two weeks to respond to my private email complaint. Now it's fair game to publish publicly. I burned my finger badly on a room service plate. The enamel had chipped off the side, exposing the stone. I had to hold my finger in ice water for 4 hours until the pain went away. Granted, when the room service attendant delivered my food, he did say, "The plate is kind of warm." Silly me. I took that to mean warm (which is what it was on the front side of the plate) - not stove burner red hot!

The shower had to run at least 10 minutes every morning until the water became luke warm enough to actually use.

In the fitness room, half of the cardio machines were broken and were never fixed during my four-day stay.

Food on property was fair at best. Service in the restaurant was horrible.

On a positive note, the front desk clerk who checked me in was very friendly and efficient. She made the end of a long travel day very pleasant.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2010

The Hilton was very clean and up-to-date. Within walking distance to the casinos.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I went to attend a wedding and took my elderly parents. The staff was wonderful and friendly. We had a wheelchair accessible room that was great for their limited mobility.
The room was very clean. Ordered room service breakfast on the first day. Plate for one was enough for 3 so the next morning we split one.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2010

We decided to make a last minute trip down to the casinos and the casino hotels were already full, so we decided to give this a try. The hotel is very nice. Kiosk check in was a breeze. The rooms were very nice - new, modern, spacious. The hotel offers a free shuttle to guests to anywhere within a two mile radius. The driver gave us each a card with his phone number on it, so we were able to call him to get picked up to be taken to the next place. It was too easy and we would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank czechchick1976
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I recently held a meeting in Shreveport at the Hilton. I host meetings at facilities often and I utilize the HIlton Properties every time I possibly can... This hotel provide very mixed emotions for me. The rooms were very nice and clean and the meeting room, which I was in the board room, was very nice. The cost of the hotel rooms were in alignment with the area as well as the meeting space however I experienced many frustrations at the hotel. The service was terrible from several departments to include the front desk, the catering department and the catering and events manager. The employees at the hotel front desk were very unfriendly and unwillingy to help and would not let my group into the meeting space early to work since the event did not begin until noon however we were being charged for the entire day. This was reactified via a complaint however never should have taken place...The dining and catering group were awful, however the food quality was good. While hosting the event, I had lunch catered for the group and did not have a good experience. The individuals bringing the food back and forth where very disruptive, slamming doors, reaching across the table and talking as I was presenting material to the point I asked them not to come back until they were requested during a break. The events and catering manager was very uncooperative, unfriendly and unengaged to the success of the meeting and the facilities. I also was charged $400 to get a projector for the powerpoint presentation, which was unfathomable for a charge. The entire experience, for a Diamond Member, and loyal Hilton costomer was very disheartening. I would end by stating that if you are in the area, the Hilton is a very nice hotel to stay with poor service however the catering and events department should deter you from hosting an event.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Went to Shreveport for a wedding, and didn't want to stay at a casino. The hotel offers free transportation to any locale within 2 miles of the hotel, plus a ride to the airport. And, they'll give you a phone number to call to come and get picked up - so there's no need to get a cab if you are somewhere downtown. The fitness center was great - except that not all of the machines worked...but that may have been operator error. The pool was also really nice. I would strongly recommend this to anyone for any reason - solo travel, family, or business.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport
Horseshoe Bossier City
Horseshoe Bossier City
#5 of 35 in Bossier City

Been to Hilton Shreveport? Share your experiences!