“Very Nice, Very Clean, Very Quiet Hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Our recent stay at this hotel was one of the best experiences we have had in quite a long time staying in a hotel. We received very good service from the host when we checked in and she was very helpful when we had questions. The hotel was immaculate, unbelievably so, and I had no qualms (for once) in sleeping in a hotel bed. We had no problems with any noise at all and that was so appreciated. Thanks, Holiday Inn, our choice in hotels, for a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Check for train tracks near hotel so that you are not disturbed by all night noise as we endured on...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
INKI S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for such a nice comment. We hope to see you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shreveport West

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I recently stayed here for a week while traveling with my husband for his business. We had a great room with a king bed, a large bathroom, a small foyer area, micro, fridge, coffee maker and a sitting area adjacent to the bedroom proper with sleeper sofa and small dining table with two chairs. There was also a desk and an easy chair with ottoman in the bedroom. The hotel was spotless, the complimentary breakfast every morning was varied each day, and the staff they employ are very pleasant and eager to make you happy. I stay in the room usually during the day and each day when housekeeping came in, once they realized the situation, came in and cleaned the room and made pleasant conversation with me. They were accomodating with my needs and we will definitely stay there again. I didn't utilize the vending machines because we either go out or I bring my own, but I did notice that there were ice machines and vending on each floor not just one or two floors. I enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn Express. The outside and pool area was clean and looked inviting, the room was cleaned very well every day, I had no issues whatsoever with this hotel and I am VERY particular.

Room Tip: I didn't have problems with noise from freeway, however, I ran the air conditioner every night a...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Such a nice review. Tell your friends and come back soon! Thank you for taking the time to write such nice words about the staff. They are always excited to see that they made someone happy during their stay.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here one night, while helping our son move from Texas to Georgia. It was easy access on and off of I-20 which was nice since we were pulling a trailer. Also, the area seemed quite safe and we were able to easily find a place to park our cars and trailer.

The hotel was nice and clean and the beds were comfy. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. There's lots of stuff all around the area, including most fast food and a Walmart next door, which was helpful because we needed to go pick up a couple of things. We didn't take time to eat the breakfast because we needed to get moving early, but we took a quick look as we were leaving and it didn't look very impressive.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dcarson4
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We ended up in the king sweet above the entrance with the grand window above the entrance. The breakfast was excellent for a complementary breakfast. The Staff was friendly. They have great vending machines too. We arrived late and my son was hungry and loved eating Frozen fettuccine Alfredo at midnight. Pool looked nice didn't have time to use it.

Room Tip: I think it was room 411 or 413.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jodynamite
Reviewed 29 May 2012

When reserving this hotel I thought that this was the hotel I stayed in during a previous trip to Shreveport. However, it was not and it was a big let down. The desk clerk took about 10-15 minutes to acknowledge I was standing there at the desk. She took two phone reservations and didn't even look up to say anything until she was done. The hotel was remodeled on the outside but the inside had bugs in the room. Small spider and some other unknown bug in the bedroom, bed and bathroom. Breakfast was the usual and the outdoor pool appeared dirty I was scared to let my son swim. However I figured we needed the chlorine to kill what ever might have been in the bed. I will never return here again. Lastly, I know you want to know did I complain to the front desk. Yes, I went down to complain on day two and the desk clerk was on the phone again taking reservations and ignoring me so I figured they will never see me again. EVER!

Room Tip: Don't get a room anywhere in this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank SuthernBell
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Dear SuthernBell,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 May 2012

The staff of this HIE deserve accolades for providing us a wonderful overnight stay. From the beautiful landscaping to the immaculately clean room, we enjoyed a most restful night on the first leg of our trip to the Grand Canyon. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Room was comfortable and were welcomed with a big smile after a long days worth of driving. Comfortable bed and room in general.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business