“Not Expecting much”

Knights Inn Shreveport
Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Last minute trip to the area, booked only two days in advance, and did not expect much as I was only looking for a cheap place to stay each night of the two nights I stayed. Upon arrival, the TV remote had no batteries (and TV was such a dark red hue with no controls to adjust it that I could find, it was almost impossible to see any detail on the screen), the AC/Heat unit labels on the controls could not be read. It appeared there were blood stains on the side of the box springs, and although I booked a smoking room, it did not even have an ashtray in it, and a very nasty looking dark stain on the chair between the beds facing the desk area. Finally, although the bathroom door would shut the handle was inoperable, in that it would not latch or lock. If you have any kind of mobility issues beware. There is an elevator, but depending on the room you are assigned, you will have to walk around the perimeter of the building in order to get to your room when using it (it opens to the back side of the building).
On return the second day, although clean towels were hung, and the bed was made, the coffee maker was not refilled, a washcloth (albeit left on the lavatory not floor) was left dirty.
I did not expect much as the price was my main concern, but I generally expect a TV I can view, with a working remote control and for housekeeping to at least refill anything I use.

Room Tip: Not much to say, if you do have mobility issues ask for a room near the elevator entrance. You may w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler72201
Dsmith318, General Manager at Knights Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hi Traveler72201-

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. It is our goal to assure that your stay is as pleasant as possible. It is also our goal to assure that all amenties are in the room and or accessible to you and I'm sorry that we didn't meet your standards. I will be meeting with the housekeeping staff to assure that we're addressing in issues in the room as well as making sure that all amenities are there.

Please accept my apologies for any inconveiences that this has caused.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Theresa F

Reviewed 28 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wade D
Dsmith318, General Manager at Knights Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel was horrible. Three small pillows on one king size bed. Not enough. Odor in the room. Television reception was bad. The entire hotel felt "old" and not clean. It needs serious updating. Should have known better when I saw the voice box outside the check in window. Doors to the check in are locked at night. Good thing. Lots of shady folks wandering about including the ones begging for money and raiding the lobby breakfast area of food and coffee then running out jumping into a car and speeding off. Nice. Won't be coming back here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Bryan-

We would like to thank you for choosing us for lodging needs. We strive to assure that your stay is a home away from home and apologize that we didn't meet your expectations. It is unlikely of our housekeeping or engineering department to be unattentive to detail when cleaning a room or inspecting programming issues etc...I will assure that I address this with those divisions to assure that we're still preforming protocol.

Again, please accept our apologies for any inconveniences that this has caused you.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I realize that I was paying nearly nothing for a room, but the fact that both times I went to the front office I had to wait behind a prostitute, and other shady individuals. I had my phone stolen from a gas station down the street, if that gives you an idea of the area. The floors were sticky (they are carpet) and one of the beds didn't even have sheets. However, the staff was very courteous, and recognized that this was a sketchy place in the hood. I will never return.

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello Brandon K-

I would like to thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs. It is our goal to assure that your stay is as pleasant as possible. We apologize that we didn't meet your expectations. We are located in one of the busiest areas of town given we're right off the interstate. However, we don't tolerate nor have any crime at my property. I'm sorry that your expereince at the store wasn't pleasing and hope that they were able to assist you.

Again, please accept my apologies for any inconveiences that this has caused.