“I'll be back!”

Clarion Hotel Shreveport Airport
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I needed to be close to the regional airport for a pre-dawn flight and chose the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport primarily because they provide shuttle service, something of a rarity in this area, for some reason. A secondary reason was my IHG membership, and third was price of the king room. I was not disappointed...it was a smart choice!

The shuttle was waiting, as promised, to take me to SHV at the appointed hour. I stepped out of the van right on time, just a few steps from check-in, bag in hand. No problem!

At check-in the night before I was welcomed with a little bag of goodies and friendly greetings from all employees. It was like they really wanted me to be there!

The room itself was a very good value. It was clean, nicely appointed (the furniture a bit dated, perhaps, but clean and comfy) and the A/C worked just fine. I had a great night's sleep, and my wake-up call was timed perfectly. Plenty of hot water and towels in the bathroom, and a coffee maker to get me going. Everything a traveler needed within my reach!

The hotel restaurant has rather a limited menu but the quality of the food is very good and the restaurant personnel were exceptionally friendly. I'd go back just for the Angus burger and onion rings!

Overall this hotel gave me just what I needed for a good price. It's worth the money, folks.

Next time I need accommodations close to SHV this will be my hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the pool area. The pool was nice & warm. Hot tub was great. All the staff was very friendly. Room was clean. Ac could have been updated , but room was still comfy. We really enjoyed our stay. We did not eat in the restaurant , but when I asked for coffee at 11:30 am, I was graciously brought a complementary cup.

Stayed: October 2013
Jud S, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. We are so happy you enjoyed the pool and hot tub during your stay. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Shreveport area.

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

After driving a long day trip I was really looking forward to checking in, getting some wifi so I could work, having dinner and sleep! Checkin was very pleasant and I even earned a sweet snack bag. Great place. Cold air conditioning too! Very clean.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jud S, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. We are glad you found your check-in pleasant and enjoyed the snack bag. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Like most older hotels, there could be some newer and more updated perks. But with centrally located location and clean rooms, not a bad deal. I really liked that I could park in the back and right by a entry door. The only complaint I had was the slamming of the doors and that when I tired to book direct using my IHG card I was rudely put on hold then hung up on,so i just took the cheaper price and booked third party Direct hotel staff very over worked but very helpful,

Room Tip: Choose back side away from highway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. We are glad you liked the ability to park by an entry door. I sincerly apologize for the noise you experienced from the slamming of doors and the fact you were hung up on while trying to book a reservation. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Dear Holiday Inn,
Your Shreveport staff is excellent!
However:
Please clean your pool. I found candy wrappers, hair wads and floating slimy stuff all around me and it is such a lovely pool. I really want to go for a swim.
More importantly, please do something about the smell in the rooms and in the halls.
My first room smelled like ammonia and old cheese.
My second room is a little better as long as the air is off.
Since I can't open a window, I am not a happy camper.
The moisture in both rooms is excessive and I think mold is the source of the smell.
It seems like swamp cooler air which would be a huge mistake in a place like Shreveport.
If these issues are addressed, I might consider your hotel next trip.
Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jud S, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I sincerely apologize for the pool and the hallway smell. I have addressed your concerns with each manager including the pool condition to ensure the issues are addressed so other guests do not experience the same issues. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I went to Shreveport to p;ossibly buy a 56 Chevrolet, Nomad. I did. I had to print insurance cards for the trip to AZ. the lady at the front desk came & helped me, & ensured I got what I needed.

The breakfast was good 7 the staff friendly.

Room Tip: Away from Freeway
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Jud S, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I am glad our associate was able to help you get your insurance card printed for your new 1956 Chevrolet Nomad. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Shreveport area!!!!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Airport. Great food in the restaurant, Internet service was fast, and the room was comfortable. Didn't use the pool; however, it looked very appealing. Overall, this is a very nice full service Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your food and the fast internet service during your visit. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!