“Everything Wrong” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Houston, Texas
“Everything Wrong”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Messed up Reservations, Room with Bed bugs, The front desk in dismay, Took Days to fix everything. My Family, There for a memorial was not Happy. I have Always Stayed at this hotel & Always enjoyed it. I still Would stay there anytime, They have always taken good Care of All of us

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to complete an online review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I sincerely apologize for all of the issues you experienced during your stay. I am sending a message for some additional information so I can ensure the issues have been addressed. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Charlotte, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Shreveport on Financial Plaza. It was clean and very nice. Staff was great with helping me check-in and anything I needed. Location was wonderful too. The only issue I had was my heat was not working it would only blow cold air but besides that it was wonderful and the beds were so comfortable and perfect pillows.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review. We aim to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I sincerely apologize for the heating issue you experienced during your visit. We appreciate your loyalty and look foward to seeing you on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Kansas City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is an older hotel, although the rooms are pretty up to date (except my bed, which made a very sad creaky noise every time I sat on it).
Liked: clean rooms, big TV, super friendly staff never failed to say hello during my visit.
Didn't like: atrium has kind of a Holidome feel (remember those?), easy to see from I-20 but hard to actually get to, zero neighborhood (i.e., absolutely nothing is within walking distance, nor is there any way to walk there if there was).
Excellent value for price paid.

Room Tip: East-facing rooms look at atrium roof up to fourth floor--fortunately my room was on 5th.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the hotel. Our goal is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. I will pass along your comments regarding the staff always saying hello during your stay. We value your business and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Shreveport!
Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I needed to be close to the regional airport for a pre-dawn flight and chose the Holiday Inn Shreveport Airport primarily because they provide shuttle service, something of a rarity in this area, for some reason. A secondary reason was my IHG membership, and third was price of the king room. I was not disappointed...it was a smart choice!

The shuttle was waiting, as promised, to take me to SHV at the appointed hour. I stepped out of the van right on time, just a few steps from check-in, bag in hand. No problem!

At check-in the night before I was welcomed with a little bag of goodies and friendly greetings from all employees. It was like they really wanted me to be there!

The room itself was a very good value. It was clean, nicely appointed (the furniture a bit dated, perhaps, but clean and comfy) and the A/C worked just fine. I had a great night's sleep, and my wake-up call was timed perfectly. Plenty of hot water and towels in the bathroom, and a coffee maker to get me going. Everything a traveler needed within my reach!

The hotel restaurant has rather a limited menu but the quality of the food is very good and the restaurant personnel were exceptionally friendly. I'd go back just for the Angus burger and onion rings!

Overall this hotel gave me just what I needed for a good price. It's worth the money, folks.

Next time I need accommodations close to SHV this will be my hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the pool area. The pool was nice & warm. Hot tub was great. All the staff was very friendly. Room was clean. Ac could have been updated , but room was still comfy. We really enjoyed our stay. We did not eat in the restaurant , but when I asked for coffee at 11:30 am, I was graciously brought a complementary cup.

Stayed October 2013
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. We are so happy you enjoyed the pool and hot tub during your stay. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Shreveport area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

After driving a long day trip I was really looking forward to checking in, getting some wifi so I could work, having dinner and sleep! Checkin was very pleasant and I even earned a sweet snack bag. Great place. Cold air conditioning too! Very clean.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jud S, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. We are glad you found your check-in pleasant and enjoyed the snack bag. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!
Humble, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Like most older hotels, there could be some newer and more updated perks. But with centrally located location and clean rooms, not a bad deal. I really liked that I could park in the back and right by a entry door. The only complaint I had was the slamming of the doors and that when I tired to book direct using my IHG card I was rudely put on hold then hung up on,so i just took the cheaper price and booked third party Direct hotel staff very over worked but very helpful,

Room Tip: Choose back side away from highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our mission is to provide both excellent service and accommodations to our guests. We are glad you liked the ability to park by an entry door. I sincerly apologize for the noise you experienced from the slamming of doors and the fact you were hung up on while trying to book a reservation. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Shreveport area!