“I won't be back!”

Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Texarkana, Texas
“I won't be back!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Some things were ok but more things were not. When we first arrived, we waited for several minutes just for someone to show up at the front desk. The first room we were assigned reeked of animals and animal urine. The second room was fresh and clean but the microwave was misssing and the mattresses had to be the cheapest mattresses they could find. They reminded me of whats on a sleeper sofa. There wasn't near enough towels, but they did give us more. The hot breakfast items were just flat out gross! You can't mess up muffins, cereal and yogurt. The next day, a different clerk, told me there was no one else there except her. What kind of management leaves one person to an entire hotel, completely booked, on a holiday weekend and at the probably the busiest time of day!? Not that this is a requirement, but the front entrance didn't even have an automatic door. The hotel looks tired and worn. I most definitely would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Addie B, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear happylm~

I apologize about your experience with us this past weekend. We take pride in the Marriott name and we will look into the issues you encountered during your time here. As for Management, there is always someone here every day from our management team so that will be addressed as well and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. We hope that you will give the Fairfield Inn by Marriott another try on your next visit to Shreveport.

Best Regards,

Addie Bentz
Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We've been traveling for 3 days cross country for work and have come across these wonderful Fairfield inn hotels by Marriot! Last two days were spent in Flaggstaff and Amirillo, tx.. Both locals were wonderful service and beautifully renovated decor... Large rooms!
This location in Shreveport is an absolute disappointment! We cannot believe the rudeness of the night staff" Lisa" is her name, as we asked for extra towels she had the nerve to ask why I needed so many towels.. I quickly reminded her that my credit card is on file and that I've never had any issue with extra towels in the previous hotels I've recently stayed at. She gave me an odd look and hesitantly brought out more towels. This is absurd and definitely not good representation of the lovely Marriot corp. This hotel although renovated a year and a half ago from what this employee stated, is hardly the vision nor quality of the Marriot group hotels. It's very poor in quality, no mini store, no laundry facility... Perhaps a Motel 6 at best:( I do not recommend this particular hotel at all!

• Stayed May 2013

Travellers are raving about these Shreveport hotels

Pineville, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed three nights recently while in a meeting. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent and what you come to expect in most Fairfield Inns. I worked some during the day from my room and the business center and so I witnessed some of the day-to-day activities. Everybody I met was friendly and hard at work.
My room was clean and quiet. They put me near an exterior door, but rarely did I hear anyone coming or going. The hotel was quite full with a sporting event in town with many families with kids, but I was never disturbed.
I really don't have any major complaints. I did notice a little trash in the ice from the machine, but that's found in most hotel ice machines. They forgot to replenish a wash rag, but that was quickly corrected. The sink drained super slow, but once reported, maintenance came and fixed it very quickly.
This is a good facility and under excellent management. Next time I need a room in the area, this will be the first property on my list!

• Stayed May 2012
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I was really surprised by how disappointed I was with my stay here. Made a reservation online so the room was already paid for before check-in. Arrived the evening of April 15th. When I checked in the lady at the desk asked for my credit card and id. After she slid my card through the reader 4 times she then said "oops". Although the room was already paid for she had charged me again for it. She then called Travelocity and was put on hold while we waited 15 minutes at the counter. After that she then said she would just go ahead and give me room keys. I thought that meant I could go to the room while she tried to reverse the charges. I told her I had been driving all day and had been waiting long enough. She then told me " well you haven't been waiting THAT long." Very condescending. I'm still waiting for the charges to be put back on my card. The room was ok, pretty standard except the air conditioner didn't work right. We had to get up and turn it off then back on again to cool the room. This went on all night long. Beware of this hotel! Will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Cathedral City, California
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The decor of the hotel was very nice and modern. The staff was extremely attentive and went out of their way to greet customers and assist when needed, especially the housekeeping staff. The hotel provided a hot breakfast with various items such as eggs, sausage, oatmeal and mixed fruit. A waffle and pancake maker were also provided. The hotel was right off the freeway, providing easy access to the interstate.

The only cons were, the desk person provided us with two access cards, one would not open the door. When I took the key back to the front desk, the desk person provided me with another access card that would not open the door. She said this happened on a few other occasions. The major issue that was a concern for me was the hotel did not have electronic doors at the front entrance or a handicap access button to open the doors. I was traveling with my mother who was in a well chair and had an extremely difficult time opening the doors to enter the hotel. Additionally, I experienced the same issue when entering the building with the luggage cart.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2013

#1 very stingy with towels
#2 i stayed 1 week, and charged $21 a day for incidentals. jan30- feb 6th then again feb 12-14. I still have not received any of that back yet! My credit card company says its all on the fairfield inn to send them my checkout reports.
The fairfield inn told me a week ago that they were faxing them over but never did. today is March 19 and still pending on my statement.
#3 breakfast is terrible!
Other than that i like the place even tho u have to beg for towels

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Nothing fancy but was surprised and disappointed by the super loud exhaust fan in the bathroom and the bathroom floor tiles were all busted up. When taking the hair dryer from the wall, the entire mounting system came off. Thankfully we weren't on an extended stay. The from desk clerk was very friendly however.

• Stayed March 2013