Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Shreveport(Shreveport)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewscracker barrelnewly renovated propertywaffle mixhot and cold optionsthe breakfast areamexican restaurantawesome breakfaststaff was super niceroom was cleanwaffle makerawesome hotelstayed two nightsenjoyable stayfront desk clerkcontinental breakfastfirst floorrecommend this hotel to anyone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Traveling on a business trip, this was just a one night stop on our route. We found the room to be nice and clean and the beds were comfy. Our room was quiet. Cracker Barrel is conveniently located to the hotel so we didn't have to go far for breakfast (I'm not sure if the hotel provided breakfast or not, we just chose to go to Cracker Barrel).

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank vmcgarry
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I specifically request with all Marriott hotels that I be placed in a quiet room. As a long time Marriott rewards member I can say that this was the first time a hotel that wasn't full placed me in a room. We were on the front side of the hotel in a corner room that you can see Wal-Mart from the room window. Trucks and other loud vehicles rumbled through all hours of the night and pre-dawn hours. We have previously stayed at this location but have always been placed on the Cracker Barrel restaurant side of the hotel. I was reassured by the front desk clerk that the room I had was one of the quietest in the area as it was noisy when we checked in a little after in 5 p.m. I walked back up to the front desk after noting the noise from the room immediately after check in. She reassured me that room would be a quiet one and that the rooms near the interstate were the noisiest. So we stayed in that room and walked over to Cracker Barrel for dinner. The noise continued to be an issue but a lady traveling with an 8 & 9 year old boys doesn't want to change rooms @ 10:00 p.m. @ night especially since no one was available to assist me per front desk. Next morning the breakfast room was full and the attendant was lax about refilling the waffle mix which had run out. She told the young man who asked about it that breakfast ended @ 9:00 a.m. (It was 8:35 a.m. when he requested she make more and there were other people in the breakfast area who also wanted waffles). She finally with a bit of attitude accommodated the young man's request. Now he wasn't part of my travel party but I did observe this so I am including it in my review as it did affect my opinion of the hotel negatively. This was the third year we have stayed here after our annual trip to a nearby waterpark and I have always enjoyed the convenience of the location both to the waterpark and the Cracker Barrel next door. This visit will have me reevaluating the hotel options in the area and probably opting for a different place next year. The one positive in our stay was a young cleaning lady by the name of Zena (or Xena) really not sure how she spelled it but she was such a friendly young lady who we met on our way out who was so helpful and friendly she saved this rating from being a 1 or 2 star rating.

Room Tip: Unless you are a heavy sleeper impervious to noise demand a room change if assigned to the group of rooms located directly across from the Wal-Mart parking lot. The loud engine noises of the tractor/trailer combos and those who like their music to boom so much that it rattles windows will prevent you from getting a good night's rest.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Hola624
Reviewed 22 July 2014

While traveling along the highway, we pulled into this Inn because I trust Marriott properties. I was not disappointed. The staff was very friendly at check in and accommodated my special requests. The room was as always of Marriott value and expectation. Clean, updated, comfortable bed, microwave, fridge and full complimentary breakfast. I was not aware at the time of check-in that it was the airport location. So it was moving to see pilots and flight attendants in the breakfast area. It must be a good piece of property if the airline puts their staff there.

Another perk is that it is located next door to Cracker Barrel. So you can get any meal of the day right across the parking lot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeane141
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here a few times and I was pleased with the service and the room. it is not a Four Season or the Sheraton, this is a mid tier hotel so you should expect mid tier service.

Overall it was a good place to stay, good rooms, good breakfast, good service, no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stanley A
Stephanie P, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Fairfield Inn Shreveport. We are so sorry to hear that our staff service did not WOW you during your time with us. We value your feedback and will share it with our management team. We hope that you will give us the chance to regain your trust in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The best feature of this hotel was the free parking. Since we were out of the country for 10 days, we saved almost $100 by avoiding airport parking. The rooms were clean, and though the bed was pretty close to the ground, it was still comfortable enough. The free airport shuttle was there for us at 4:00 AM when we left for the airport, and it was there for us when we arrived back in Shreveport at 11:00 PM 10 days later.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple