“Alligators and more 😊”

US$29.00*
New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A 20 year old locally owned and operated tour company providing highly rated, comfortable, fun, and educational tours of the swamps, city, cemeteries, and plantations in and around New Orleans. We recruit and train the most knowledgeable tour guides and boat captains in the city, and design our boats and buses to be comfortable and safe, providing an unparalleled experience of the city. Swamp Tours: Take a guided tour of the famous Honey Island Swamp. You'll glide through gator territory and hear all about the swamp and its natural inhabitants from our highly knowledgeable, certified captains. See gators and wildlife up close and personal as you explore narrow slews that only our boats are built to navigate. Plantation Tours: Step back in time and explore two of New Orleans' most famous plantations: Oak Alley, an Antebellum Plantation, and Laura, A Creole Plantation. We'll pick you up from your hotel and take you down the historic Mississippi River Road in the comfort of our air conditioned, air ride buses. City Tours: We'll take you to all the must-see landmarks on your list, including the French Quarter, Garden District, Marigny, and more. Our buses are designed for your supreme comfort with powerful air conditioning, air ride technology, and seamless windows for the best views. If you want to experience New Orleans, Cajun Encounters Tour Company is dedicated to showing you the best the city has to offer.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Great experience with Captain Sonny.
We saw Alligators, wild lovely pigs a mom and her little kids. They eat marshmallow ☺️. We found snakes, turtles, egrets, dragon fly, elephantsear, water Lilies, etc,..

Good luck and enjoy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My family and I did three tours with Cajun Encounters. One was the city/cemetery tour and it was very informative and definitely a way to see all different areas of New Orleans. Our guide was well informed about the area and her driving skills were impressive. On another day we did a daytime swamp tour and it was really awesome. I really didn't know what to expect but right off the bat they passed the clean bathroom rule. Anyone walking around on vacations knows what I mean. Our guide was Captain Chuck and he was well informed about the swamp and the boat carrying all of us. On our tour we did spot a few snakes and some big gators. The scenery is peaceful and I would totally recommend this for anyone who wants to explore this amazing beauty. All of the staff we met were great from the confirmation operator right down to the gift shop lady. The gift shop had trinkets and snack foods and I couldn't pass up on super soft t-shirt. All three tours were money well spent and I will definitely have this on my to-do list for return visits.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We had our Cajun Experience with Captain Greg. It was so much fun! We were able to get up close and personal with gators, snakes, birds, and wild pigs. It was a great family experience! WELL worth the money!! Thank you Cajun Encounters for a wonderful experience!!!

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I've done several tours in different parts of the world and this was by far the best. The boat ride was amazing and seeing the different wildlife was very neat. Great job Captn John! Don't forget your bug spray, it is a swamp.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

On a recent school trip, a colleague and I brought a group of 13 teenagers and it was a blast! Coming from the landlocked Midwest, it was super being able to see 3 different types of aquatic environments - freshwater, brackish, and salt up so close and in a short time. Captain Greg was a hoot - engaging and entertaining with his knowledge of the swamp. Loved the wild pigs and raccoons. The egrets, snakes, swamp warblers, and gators were great to see in their natural habitat, as opposed to a zoo. This touring operation is well-planned with honest, hard-working employees. One of the students lost their iPhone on the bus and the driver on SS71 was kind enough to return it to us at our hotel. Yes, bring a jacket and a camera. I will definitely return with my family!

Been to Cajun Encounters? Share your experiences!