“DO NOT GO HERE!!”

Value Travel Inn
Value Travel Inn
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed 28 June 2014

It was really bad. The service was terrible. The people gave us a pet room when we didn't even have an animal with us.
On the subject of the room we were assigned, it smelled horrible. The door looked as if it had been kicked in more than once. The beds were uncomfortable, and the outlets didnt work very well. The bathroom smelled and the water was Brown and smelled like rotten eggs. There was pubic hairs on the towels. The toilet and shower were nasty. The people around us were
obnoxious and they were very loud, keeping me and my family up all night. We even saw a drug deal im the parking lot. The breakfast was nasty and the coffee tasted like sewage. There were bugs and it was really nasty. You get what you pay for, but honestly, its not even worth the small pay. Dont stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank JenniferRaeJ

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Room was in substantial disrepair. Poorly working door knob - barely opened or closed. Broken electrical outlets. TV clicker gone, replacements would not work w/o substantial tinkering. Room was dirty and smoke odor filled the sheets even though it was a no smoking room. Scum/dirt on inside of door -unsightly & appeared unhealthy.Told, no other rooms available. Morning check-out lady - thoroughly disinterested. Effectually,be sure to keep driving.

Room Tip: Can't recommend any "tips."
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Fengtaida
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just gonna put like this, This place is were a bunch of local people who (are from what I witnessed were very likely doing unlawfull stuff) live/stay here for other that travel plans. This is the type of place that is so unsecure they turn off the power to the rooms till rented with a braker to stop people from using the rooms. You do not want to stay the night here with your family while passing through or staying in slidell. Room bed had several burn holes in top cover, was not even close to clean from floor to bathroom, wi-fi did work fine, fridge/micw all good. I would be willing to say the hotel itself would not even try to defend the shape and problems with this hotel. Most towns have one of this type of hotel and it will not show up on a room search, this one does. We did not stay the night we left about 1am and left key in drop box.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank abryl_12
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The first this you notice is a sign that says "absolutely no refund" Dirty, stinks, the police showed up twice. Someone tried to get into our room during the night. No room service. Local business told us to leave the hotel. We had reservations for 4 days, but decided to leave early and was told no refund.

Room Tip: Read the reviews prior to booking a hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bruce K
Reviewed 15 May 2013

When I arrived to the hotel at 11:00pm they told me they had rented my room and also they charged my credit card they told me they reimburse my money and they did but they left me without a hotel room did not even try to relocate me at another hotel. Terrible experience.

Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Carloslu18
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

The rooms stink , the Internet said microwave and fridge and now on 2nd night i had to complain about still no microwave and no house keeping . I will never stay here again but i had to stay here this time there were no rooms available in slidell . Looks like a crack head hotel

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Sianstarr
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed at the hotel over super bowl weekend. Given the reviews I wouldn't have stayed here if I had any choice (for the money). As it was this was the nearest I could get to NOLA without needing to donate a kidney.

The hotel is very basic. The first room I was given already had some people in it!
The second didn't have the advertised microwave but I wasn't bothered as wasn't going to use it.

The carpets are worn and thin, the bathroom worn but the beds were clean and comfortable.

If you need a bed for the night and aren't bothered about anything else the hotel just about does the job.

The breakfast was very limited.

I did experience the water smell but only on one of the days. The shower was little more than a trickle, good job I don't have much hair!

I spoke to the guy at reception about the smell and he said it was sulphur from the well that the water is drawn from. Department of health have looked at it he says and are happy that there is no risk.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo