“Uncomfortable” 1 of 5 bubbles

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
“Uncomfortable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Got a icky feeling when we entered our room. Some type of mysterious white 'stuff' on floor.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank msconrod

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Traveling three weeks out of the month. I have to say this was clean, comfortable, and I reccomend this place to all business travelers. The people that cleaned did not speak great english, but were sweet as can be. We travel with our St Benard mix and they had no problem with her being there. They did not charge us extra and we had whatever we needed for towels, toliet paper, and Coffee. They have a book of all motels that was very helpful. We were going back to Corpis Christi and Baku offered to call and set up our reservations. Greatly appreciated our stay and plan on going back when in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LaGrange, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

My sister and our husbands stayed here while we were in town on a mission trip to build a porch with a wheelchair ramp for an elderly lady. The staff member on duty the night we checked in tried to charge me for four rooms. I had booked three and had to cancel one due to the person coming got sick. I had cancel in a timely manner and had already received my refund. I was attacked personally when I presented my online paperworks and she couldn't charge me for the four rooms. I had lost 30 pounds and my wedding rings did not fit on my ring finger so I was wearing them on my middle. She state in a very sarcastic matter " Are they wearing wedding rings on the middle finger now?" I let her know why my rings were being worn on that finger. She said no more on that subject. I brought my paperwork back in the next morning for them to be copied for the owner because I was told he was going to be angery and she didn't want to get in trouble. The clerk the next morning told be me "Good luck on getting your money back." Now for the rooms, I took pictures of both of our rooms. My sister's room had a hospital bath pan under her air conditioner and a coffee can under her toilet to catch water leaks. Both our rooms small couches were in shreds and my room smelled like vomit. If this is Americas Best, it is pitiful.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Patricia and Da... S
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Nice hotel for the money. Definitely a good bet if spending the night in Slidell on short notice, and you want a good nights sleep at a reasonable cost. It was only $55 for the night. I stayed here twice and had no problems or complaints.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

Reasonable rates. comfortable, staff that treats you like family, and a GREAT LOCATION! Great food (Piccadilly Cafeteria, Sicily's,a nd Cici's all 1.2 miles west at Crossroads Shopping Center. ) Great worship at St. Margaret Mary' s RC Church 2miles NW at Independence and Robert Rd. Masses Saturday at 5pm, and Sundays including 6pm.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dghornock
San Antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2008

We walked into the room and there was a horrific stench and stains all over the carpet! There were stains on the tub, toilet, and sink! The lights kept flickering and people in another room kept banging against the wall! We were there for all of maybe 5-10 minutes when I called the front desk and asked for a refund! Never go to this place if you care about you or your family's health! This place should really be condemned!!!!!

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing!!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank STG4life
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2005

I stayed here one night. The smell was so bad I did not even bother opening my suitcases or even showering. I simply got up the next morning went to the Best Western on Taos. The new owners really let this place run down in a hurry.

• Stayed May 2003, travelled on business