“The best service I have ever had”

Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed there for a week and I was very very impressed by the service they have. All of the staff were amazing, smiley faces, pleasant, helpful. The rooms were very clean. Not a single employee was less than fantastic. I highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Ashley B, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

WOW!!! Thank you so much for all of your kind words! Our entire staff strives very hard to provide the ultimate guest experience and to hear nothing but good things from you is very humbling and much appreciated. I will pass your comments along to the rest of the staff as I know this will certainly make their day. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay and hope to see you again soon!

Warmest Regards,
Ashley Barard

Reviewed 16 March 2013

First off, booking was a problem. There was a block of rooms at a special price. I called the generic booking number, they told me the block was full, but that could offer me a room at a 25% higher price. This was a lie. When I called the hotel directly, I got the agreed on price. When I called generic line back to complain, they did not apologize, said that it was not a lie and that it was due to their 'systems', This is price gouging by the Holiday Inn chain. Be aware of this scam.

The hotel is OK, but not great. The room is clean, but the bathroom is very small. Also, the carpet is worn, stained in a few places and has cigarette burns in it. The desk is too high and the chair is too low. The chair also has a broken wheel on it. Oddly enough, the sink is also too high (I am normal height). The shower control was also broken, so it would only stay on in two positions. Thus, there seem to be some care and maintenance issues,

The service is also kind of annoying. They offer a free breakfast, but only until 9.30 am. If you have had a long drive and need to sleep in, this is a pain. Room service is also not an option after 9.30 am. We were organizing ourselves when the maid called. We needed a bit more time and told her as much. We asked her to come back later. However, when we came back after lunch, the room had not been touched. Fortunately, when we were talking to the maid, we got some real coffee. When we arrived the night before, all they had left us was a double dose of decaf, which really did not cut it.

Overall, I am pretty under whelmed. I am sure that one could get better for less, elsewhere. With the booking scam thing going on. I will not be trying Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: Go else where!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank istvanberkeley
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear istvanberkeley,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely apologize apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced because of the room conditions. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. The issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 March 2013

We have a suite with a minifridge, sink, microwave and coffee maker, and so can manage basic housekeeping. The place does a free breakfast, but they are often to always out of some things. For instance, I have been here four days, and they have been out of yogurt the whole time, and whole wheat bread. The breakfast does take kind of a long time as it is cooked to order and a waitress takes your order, so you have to allow enough time before going anywhere. They have coffee in the lobby, and tea bags and cocoa mix, but no hot water. I have been taking the tea bags to my room and making hot water in the coffee maker.

The suite is nice, but remember that this is a moderate range hotel, so it is not exceptional, but clean and everything works. The bed is comfortable, the housekeeper shows up every day and cleans, there are two tvs, one in the bedroom, one in the sitting area, the internet access is reliable, free and strong enough to stream. The cups and glasses are styrofoam and plastic, the utensils are plastic and the provided bowls and plates are styrofoam. I don't hear the neighbors. I don't run out of hot water. The climate control works. The pool is heated and indoors. The elevator is reliable and fast. I am happy enough here.

There are a few restaurants within walking distance, a McDonalds nearly next door, a Subway in a gas station, and a Wendy's about two blocks away. The restaurant does not serve lunch. This hotel is adjacent to a shopping center, but it appears to be mostly untenanted and shut down, certainly having little retail in it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margray_53
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Nice resting place after a day of driving around NO! Nice Bistro, clean rooms, friendly staff and close to I-10! Front desk provided bar & restaurant recommendations. Bed was comfortable and even though it was close to interstate it was quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Csehnert
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel is located right off the interstate in Slidell, so easy and quick to get to. Rooms are a nice size and bedding is very comfortable. It also has an indoor pool, which is great for a family with children traveling during the cold months. They offer a free made-to-order breakfast which is excellent. The staff at this hotel were all extremely nice. Every staff member we walked past during our stay, would stop and talk to us. That small act of kindness really does make a big difference. If you ever need to stay the night in Slidell, LA, I would definately recommend staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stacy T
Reviewed 12 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here over Mardi Gras weekend. It was extremely, quiet and peaceful. The rooms were clean, loved the jet tub in our room. The staff were VERY nice and pleasant, and very helpful, especially w/check in. The breakfast was good and was a good value for an early meal. Overall, met our criteria for a clean, safe, affordable, place to rest after long days of walking and touring.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexissummer912
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My wife, son and I stayed here a couple nights during Super Bowl weekend. Ten minutes from the French Quarter, but miles from the hassle of the crowds. Fast, friendly check-in, comfortable beds and easy access. We also went on a swamp tour with Cajoun Encounters. Only ten minutes from there as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family