“Nice lunch - slow service”

Copeland's Of New Orleans
Ranked #8 of 230 Restaurants in Slidell
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Copeland's of New Orleans restaurants are committed to the concept that every dish and meal is true to the culinary traditions and heritage of New Orleans, augmented by the gracious hospitality of the Copeland Family. Copeland's of New Orleans is more than a restaurant; it is the family's promise to provide you with the finest dining experience each and every visit.
“Nice lunch - slow service”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I were in Slidell this morning and decided to have some lunch before heading back to the house. Copeland's is a well know, popular restaurant in the New Orleans area, and since it was on the way, we decided to stop. Even though crowded, we were seated immediately and our server came to the table very quickly. Neither of us wanted a big meal, so we opted for the luncheon menu. I got the blackened catfish, which came with a small salad, one side, and a brownie for dessert. My wife got the pasta with shrimp and fried eggplant. That was pretty much the last time we saw our server for the better part of 20 minutes. Tables close to us that arrived at about the same time as we did, got their meals and at least one table had finished their lunch before our server returned to tell us that our meal would be out shortly. A few minutes later, she returned with our lunch.

There is no question that the food was well prepared and spiced appropriately (Copeland's food is always a bit on the spicy side.) As I finished my plate, the server came with my dessert - also excellent.

The bill total of about $25.00 including tip, was what we had expected, and my credit card was quickly run and returned to me.

The next time we are in Slidell, we would gladly return, but would hope the meal would arrive a little more quickly.

• Visited November 2013

“Always great seafood!”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I haven't visited this place in many years because it is a few hours away. I was traveling through on vacation and popped in. Nothing has changed. Spectacular food! I had the shrimp platter and it was enough for 2 people! Huge menu! Something for everyone! Plenty of drink specials too.

Florence, Mississippi
“Great Food”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Haven't had Copelands in forever because the one in my hometown was closed. When traveling with family we decided that this was a "must". Food was just as i remembered it. Filet had a great flavor and all the food that we ordered was fresh. Would come here again!

Visited September 2013
Slidell, Louisiana
“Where locals go.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Copeland's restaurant is a very good eating, its where the locals go. The Cajun dishes are done right, many to choose from. But if you want the perfect steak then go to a steak house, but if you want authentic New Orleans' spice cooking, Copeland's is a good choice.

• Visited October 2013
Slate Hill, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced - overrated”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Husband said steak was average. I had seafood Pasta and was sorely disappointed. Have had better Seafood Pasta in New York.

Visited October 2013