Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Slidell
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We enjoyed your hotel, one reason I chose to get 3 rooms there for me and my crew was because of the complimentary breakfast. We were in town for work and that helped the crew get that meal taken care of but........ our start time for work was 6am, so we missed out the entire time. I have alot more work coming up and would like to stay in Slidell, any recommendations on complimentary breakfast for the crew at 5:30am

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Lindsay D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at our property. I am sorry that your work crew missed out on breakfast due to their call time. Unfortunately, our breakfast does begin at 6:30am; however, if you would like to give me a call at the property I can discuss some alternative options for your crew. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope we will have to opportunity to serve you and your crew during your next stay in Slidell.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Franklin Square, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed there for 6 nights and only had 1 night that was peaceful. We heard everything going on in the room adjoining ours. The bathroom was dirty with throw up stains all over the wall and toilet. Breakfast went downhill from day 1. We got to breakfast at 9pm and they were out of almost everything and they were starting to remove breakfast already we had to ask for utensils. Two days they didn't have eggs, another day they didn't have waffles and multiple days they had only 1 choice for bread or pastries. Our last morning there was what threw us over the line because they had no plates, no cups for juice and no orange juice. When I brought it up when checking out they came up with every excuse in the book.

3 Thank JD1095
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We do change up our breakfast offering different items on different days; however, we always have several hot items available. As you can see from our other reviews, what you experienced is not our standard level of service; however, we appreciate your feedback and will continue to use it to enhance our guest's stay in the future.
Slidell
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Clean comfortable hotel conveniently located to hospital, family and friends. Centrally located near shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Lindsay D, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Slidell/New Orleans East Area, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our property as well as the attributes of the surrounding area. I hope next time you are in the area you choose to stay with us again!
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel was new and kept clean. I felt safe and secure while staying here. The rooms were nice and large very clean and the parking lot was well lit. The only "thing" I was not impressed by the Hot breakfast as advertised, it was understaffed and ran out of food on Saturday morning, you would think they would be prepared for a larger crowd on the weekends...... We were there on June 5th-7th 2014.

1 Thank 4PeasInApod2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We did have a few sporting event in town during your stay and possible have run out of a particular breakfast item; however, we do have a large variety of items including several hot items available at all times to make sure our breakfast is fully stocked at all times. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we see you again soon!
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We (two adults and our teenager) had an excellent stay at this hotel. Everything was new and clean. Nice lobby, nice lounge, nice bar, great indoor pool and hot tub, nice beds and furniture, nice and spacious bathroom. Hot water in our room was good. Nice mini-fridge and microwave. Loved the electrical outlets on the lamp bases (I am spoiled to this in business class). We stayed two nights during the week and it was not crowded. So, I am not sure how we ended up getting a room on the 2nd floor that had the window directly over the pool roof. It obstructed the view slightly (not that there is a view at this particular location off the interstate) and after dark the flood lights shined right in the window. This was not a big deal for us, we just closed the drapes and went down to get in the pool! But it is something to consider if you have the option NOT to be in this room. The staff were very friendly and accommodating - front desk, bar, housekeeping on both shifts. The staff really set the tone and it is a pleasure to be able to give a review and say that! The breakfast was good for this price point and it was late getting setup but they kept the hot coffee filled up even though we are heavy coffee drinkers. There is a Hooters, frozen yogurt shop and some gas stations just beyond the hotel parking lot and we felt plenty safe enough to walk there. I will look specifically for Wyndham properties during my future hotel stays. The only complaint I have is the shower was slippery and I had to catch myself from doing the splits twice.

Room Tip: Ask that you NOT have a room with windows directly above the pool roof on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thorough review on our Wingate! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff did set the tone for a wonderful experience with us. I appreciate the feedback in regards to the area of your room as well as the breakfast. We are always trying to improve ourselves and your feedback allows us to know what areas are in need to improvement. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!