“Clean, convenient, great staff, and resonable prices.”

La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The room was totally clean, and the staff great. I stay at a lot of La Quinta Inns, and this is a great corporate owned hotel. Yes it may have been a top of the line Holiday Inn with outside access to the rooms, and a giant courtyard with a beautiful pool. Today it is a very well maintained La Quinta Inn with a giant courtyard with a beautiful pool. I wish it had been summer to use their great looking pool. The location, on a service road of I-10, is very good for access to New Orleans just across the causeway. Unlike many places in New Orleans we felt very safe there. It is located next to a Cracker Barrel, many other major food chains, and a Wal-Mart just down the block. No it is not a $150+ a night hotel within walking distance to the French Quarter, but it sure fits our needs, and budget. We will be back next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Waterman_10
lq0910gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Waterman_10,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and are so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you next year!

Haley Martin

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn New Orleans Slidell

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Everything very clean, rooms, breakfast area, lobby.Clerk very polite and prompt with check in. Parking lot is very well lit. Close to many restaurants, go to Vera's for dinner/lunch, recommended by lobby clerk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The location is great right off I-H 10. There were many businesses and restaurants within walking distance. Although I had an outside room and close to so many businesses it was quite and I had a comfortable nights sleep.The hotel itself is a little tired (hall carpet needs replacing in some areas) but the room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and ready to assist. I was disappointed that they had run out of boiled eggs at breakfast. Other offerings were waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, breads, bagels and juice. I have stayed here 3 times and will stay again .

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank YolandaWilson
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The hotel was very clean. The staff was very helpful. The hotel is located in a nice area with several well known businesses nearby (Wal-Mart, Cracker Barrel), so you will not have to go far to get anything. The hotel was a little older than some hotels, maybe built in the 1980s or something, but it was well kept and the HD channels in the room were a nice touch that went well with the 37" flatscreen TV. The bed was also very comfortable and the air conditioning worked beautifully. my only complaint is one that really does not matter to most people: the shower head was about a foot shorter than my head. but I am 6'4".

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Justin T
Reviewed 14 January 2012

To start, if you want a $150/night and up room experience then go stay at one and save us the complaining about this hotel. We were in town for the BCS game in NOLA and we really had no complaints other than how they jacked the prices up during this time period- this is why I ranked the price value as average. I have been known to go buy Lysol and spray down bathrooms during other trips, so I am picky and I didn't feel as though I needed to do so here. Our room was inside the courtyard, first floor facing the pool area, Every employee I encountered at the motel- from the front desk when we checked in late Sunday night to the very pleasant housekeeping staff and breakfast area attendant- were friendly and helpful and most of us staying there were Alabama fans among the local LSU supporters. It was quiet during our stay at night and the beds are very comfortable.The bathroom was very clean, the water, thankfully, wasn't as oily feeling as water in Hammond and other places I have stayed in Louisiana over the years have been and the room and beds were clean and neat. Since most of our time inside the room was spent with our eyes closed, the fact that the leather chair at the desk had a slight cut on the side didn't bother me at all. The TV was nice and the microfridge was an unexpected plus to have since I needed lots of cold drinking water throughout our stay and a place to keep my leftovers. The pool area was well kept and the continental breakfast area was neat, the OJ good and the selection of yogurt, cereal etc. were solid if you didn't want to go next door to the Cracker Barrel.

If you don't want to shell out $100/ night for a room and aren't going to get bothered that the inside of the room doesn't look brand spanking new, this is a good place to stay. We would certainly consider staying here again on our next visit to NOLA since it had lots of eating areas around and a Rouse's Market just a block or so up the street so under normal circumstances staying here would give us more money to spend on other things. Slidell is a nice break from all of the busyness of New Orleans.

Room Tip: Quiet AC in room, very nice water pressure for your shower
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charla P
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I rate it poor (for a La Quinta) but average for other cheaper brands. Does have nice pool area with pretty plants. Building is older Holiday Inn style. Hallway carpets need stretching. Bed is a fine La Quinta double bed. High Def flat screen TV. Our room had a fridge and microwave but not all rooms do. Room cleanliness was worse than average in our experience in that the coffee maker still had the last guest's coffee pod in it. Probably a cleaning oversight. Desk staff were nice. Breakfast was the most basic La Quinta Bright Side breakfast we've had with only hot cereal, cold cereal, bread products, waffles, yogurt, and drinks. No eggs or anything. I'll look for other alternatives next time I'm needing to stay in Slidell. Location is great if you need Cracker Barrel or Wal-Mart.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rpaulm
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Must be a1950-1960s Holiday Inn... from the building and pool set up.
Shabby with cheap furnishings.. Just not a nice place to stay...
The bottom of La Quinta Inns... Drags the nice LaQuinta's down.
Will be sure not to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family