“Very troubling”
Review of Super 8 Slidell

Super 8 Slidell
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Within hours of my leaving the Slidell LA Super 8 fraudulent charges were made against the credit card that was used to settle the bill. Charges in excess of $1,500 were made against my account and included $212 to an inmate phone account. My efforts to lodge a complaint to the Super 8 web site were futile. And, certainly, I cannot be certain that the Super 8 staff is responsible for the theft, but it seems quite likely. I will be much more careful in the future. Super 8 will be my last choice.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
USMPA9, General Manager at Super 8 Slidell, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2012

Mr. Robert P.-

We appreciate you choosing to stay with Super 8 in Slidell, LA. We take the upmost precautions at the property as well as with Wyndham Worldwide to protect credit card information for all of guests. In you review, you mentioned that it may be likely that my staff may have had something to do with fraudulent charges on your card. I would like to ease your mind as I was never contacted about your suspicions regarding your experience.

1. My staff does not have access to any credit card information. Once a card is swiped through our reservation system it defaults to the last four numbers of the CC. Only the GM is privy to this information in full detail and can authorize actual charges.

2. If your CC information was stolen from my property by a 3rd party - there would have been others who would have had the same experience. However, I have not received any communications from other guests with the same complaints. Also, if you suspected the Super 8 property of fraudulent charges, why did you not contact the property directly or Wyndham Worldwide to lodge a formal investigation? As part of the Wyndham family, we are on a secure system which alerts not only the property but also the corporation against hackers. There were no security breaches at the time of, during, or after your stay.

3. Before making false allegations, I would have hoped that you would have given us the courtesy of a telephone call to ensure we are not responsible for the fraudulent charges.

If we can be of further service or if you need further proof please do not hesitate to contact the property directly at 985.641.4147. We hope you have resolved this issue with your credit card company.

Milan Patel

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Adequate in all respects with great staff. The rooms were clean, the pool fine for a swim, the continental breakfast minimal but enough to start your day. The staff was exceeding helpful. A good value.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank abletokhuna
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We had driven all the way from Savannah, GA., and was tired. We stayed here. It is pretty basic. The staff was friendly. Just an average hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I choose this hotel based on the reviews on this site and unfortunately my experience was not good, several things made it a bad experience:
First and may be most important the beds were too soft. If you are sleeping alone maybe that is not a big problem but if you sleep with someone you are going to feel every movement of the other person.
The second very important, the service was terrible, the girl in the front desk during the morning got really upset because I asked her to open the pool after I was told by the girl at the front desk the night before that the pool opened at 8am. she told my wife she would open it at 9am, then I asked her and she told me 9:30 but then she sent someone to open it at 9:40, after we went back again to ask her. It was not our fault that apparently she was the only one attending the hotel which talks about basically the lack of service, but even when she was not doing anything she didn't want to go and open the pool because according to her she was busy.
There was no soap in the room we had to go to the front desk and ask for it.
The Coffee maker was dirty.
This was supposed to be a non-smoking room but it smelled like one. The shower didn't seem very clean.
I thought the wireless internet was going to be good based on a review I read here but I could not get a good signal and basically could not connect, my room was around the middle of the hotel in the second floor. I was in 4 other hotels during my trip and I was able to connect in all of them except this one.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2009

The positives:

1. Cheap price if you book online.
2. Good location.

The negatives:

1. Musty smell in room.
2. Worn out finishings.
3. Uncomfortable bed.
4. Dirty room, blood stains on hair dryer etc.
5. Limited breakfast.

This was a hotel I picked based on other reviews and paid a good web only price. I would had canceled the reservation if it wasn't for the non-refund rate I had booked. the room had a nasty musty odor. I would not stay at this hotel again and would have preferred to stay at the La Quinta.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2009

After driving alone for 12 hours, this hotel hit the spot. It's right off the Interstate, next door to a Waffle House. Staff was courteous, check in easy. The room was large, the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was basic, but adequate; I hit the road early, mug of coffee and bagel in hand.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Timesawastin
Reviewed 22 July 2009

This hotel is a great place to stay. On the plus side:

1) Microwave-refrigerator in every room.
2) Very clean.
3) Safe and secluded environment.
4) Kind and helpful front desk staff.
5) Close to interstate.
6) Very good price - under $60 a night.
7) Free parking.
8) Super-fast wi-fi

On the minus side:

1) Good breakfast but basically just cereal, coffee,and danishes.
2) About 20 miles outside the city but a quick drive on the interstate.

The bottom line:
We will definitely stay here again if near the New Orleans area!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank BSpeaker