“Close to the action, at a reasonable price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Georgetown, TX
“Close to the action, at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

stopped here on our way to New Orleans. Marriott quality was as expected, and the price was right. Close to the Lake Charles area casino's, but at a much better price. Breakfast pretty good - no waffles, but good eggs and sausage patties, as well as usual breakfast fare. Front desk very friendly. No complaints about anything. Easy on and off the interstate, but no road noise.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your great review! I am so glad that we could accommodate you. I am also glad that to see that we could help you enjoy your trip! We hope to see you again on your return trips to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

My husband & I recently stayed at this hotel . I had an outpatient procedure done on my back & have other health issues. My husband also was having health issues. We had decided before my procedure not to drive the 65 miles back home but to stay the night before & the night after my procedure .

I chose the Fairfield in sulphur & am soooo glad I did! The staff was so considerate & compassionate. They were so attentive to meeting our requests for extra pillows etc & any other question we had .

At checkout , I offered a tip for the employee tip fund for pizza etc. they declined by saying their only goal was ultimately providing excellent customer service . They did! Everyone was super from desk to housekeeping to breakfast bar -- all fabulous!

• Stayed September 2013
Sarah S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Pride is what we are feeling reading your review. I am so happy to see that we met your expectations! We hope that you get to feeling better. I hope to see you again next time you are in town!
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed 24 September 2013

You just can't beat the excellence of a Marriott property. The Fairfield staff at Sulphur, La was as perfect as it could be....sparkling, with great comfy bedding, good bath/shower, quiet a/c, professional, courteous staff, and a nice quick breakfast, fresh & hot. Thanks for always being there when we need you!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that we can be there when you need us! We hope to see you again next time you're in town!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Im very picky on the hotels I stay in, I particularly look for Marriot associated hotels because I tend to sleep better on their beds. I went with Fairfield inn because it was priced really cheap and was only ten minutes from the casino. As a previous reviews have mentioned it looks nicely renovated with vibrant colors. The Front desk concierge was very polite, when she had given me a room right by the noisy elevator, I asked for a change and she apologized and quickly resolved it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I am pleased to read your review. I am glad to see that we could accommodate your request for a new room. We hope to see you again on all of your return visits to the Lake Charles/Sulphur area!
Harlingen
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had no trouble getting reservations on Labor Day weekend. The hotel is a mere 5 miles from the nearest casino. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Room was quiet and we slept well. Breakfast was nothing too exciting, but I am not much of a breakfast person. It included waffles, yogurt, hard boiled and scrambled eggs, cereal, assorted breads, etc. It was included with the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
I am glad to see that we could accommodate you on such a busy weekend. I am also glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again next time you are in our area. Safe travels!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed here for one night on the way to FL,thought we might visit the casinos before bed but we were tired and just fell asleep!!
Easy to find directly off the freeway, standard Fairfield. Front desk welcoming and helpful, all staff we encountered were smiling and greeted us warmly. Hotel seems newly remodeled, lobby has comfy chairs and a fireplace, small room with many tables for breakfast which is the standard fairfield fare. Two hot choices (sausage and eggs) pastries, fruit, yogurt. Hot coffee/water, juices. Indoor pool looked nice and was told there was a fitness area. Room itself was also standard, two queen beds (very comfy) flat screen tv, desk, a few drawers, sink outside shower area. Bathroom was roomy, shower head good pressure and lots of hot water. Towels were large, on the thinner side but good enough. There was a dehumidifier in our room?? Shampoo/condotioner and bar soap. Hotel was quiet and looked to be less than half full. All in all a good overnight stop and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sarah S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms to be nice and comfortable. The dehumidifiers are in all of our rooms to increase comfort in such a humid area. We hope to see you again on all of your return trips to the Sulphur area!
Salado, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Highly recommended, stay here! Clean rooms, easy access, close to the highway (but very quiet), and the rooms had such a fresh smell to them. But the amazing staff is what made this trip perfect! The night clerk Jacqueline was super friendly and had a great smile, the manager was kind and helpful, and Summer was very pleasent to visit with. Everyone treated you like you were old friends coming to visit. This was day one of a long honeymoon drive and it was the best place to stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah S, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Charles Sulphur, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! Thank you for mentioning some of us by name and bringing us into your family. It is our sincere hope that all who enter our house as guests leave as friends. We hope to welcome you back every time you are in this area. Congratulations again!