“Couldn't expect more for the price”
Review of Motel 6 Sulphur

Motel 6 Sulphur
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed 8 December 2013

It's not the best place in the world but I couldn't argue. The price was very good and the people were really nice. The rooms were, I'd say 8 out of 10 which is really good for a motel 6. Most of the other ones I've been in were around 6 out of 10. Which, to me, still isn't that bad for them. Lots of fast food in walking distance, and not so fast food also in walking distance. Convenience store, right next door. Good location. New TV's and cable was a plus. I loved my stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I had the best experience at this Motel 6. The front desk clerk Betty was so kind to us. Our room was clean and I enjoyed the flat screen tv. We got more than we expected of the price we paid. I travel a lot and usually stay motel 6's and this was an upgrade from the other motels. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank KARI K
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this Motel 6 recently. Accommodations are very nice. Comfortable beds and clean rooms. It was very close to the casinos in Lake Charles. About a 6 minuted drive. Staff was very nice at check-in. Nice TVs! Would recommend this motel to anyone. Very affordable!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2013

All rooms in the area were taken for July 4th weekend so we booked a reservation sight unseen with this Econo Lodge. The room smelled, the bed smelled and I had to get a sheet and pillows from my car just to lay on the bed! Oh, did I mention the HUGE ROACH my husband had to kill!?? We went to Walmart and bought Lysol and air freshener just to be able to stomach the odor and my feet never touched the floor or bedding! Dirty, dirty, dirty place!
I paid for the room when I arrived and went on with my vacation to other states. When I got home from my trip and looked at my bank account, I had been charged twice, 2 different amounts. I am currently on the phone (almost an hour with someone who can barely speak English!) trying to get my refund. My advice, whatever you do, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: I'd sleep in my car before I'd stay here again!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeckieMoon
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I can sum up our stay with 3 words NASTY,NASTY,NASTY.
The commode tank top was broken and taped together with masking tape.
The bathroom sink & kitchen sink looked like they had not been cleaned in months.
All other hotels in the area were full.
Now I know why Econo Lodge had available rooms!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at Econo Lodge
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Melanie M
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This hotel was such a disappointment! Our room smelled bad and my feet were dirty from walking on the carpet briefly! I went to the restroom and noticed a hair on the "clean" towels...needless to say, we didn't shower there! There were no bags in the trash cans, no kleenex and when leaving, I noticed that there was a hole in the wall where a smoke alarm detector should be! It was pitiful...don't waste your money!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WorkWork11
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed here in a pinch, but it was very old and dirty. Hope they are not paying someone to clean because they are obvioulsy not doing their job. There are several other motels around the area that are probably a lot better. Will not stay there again or recommend for my worst enemy.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family