“Smoke and Mirrors”

Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Houston, Texas
“Smoke and Mirrors”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Don't be fooled by these reviews. The recent good reviews are actually from the front desk employees. It's still the same Econo Lodge only with less amenities. Pay a little more for a better room down the road. You'll be a lot happier in the morning and won't wake up with the something crawling on you and your belongings. I won't be using them for our crews any longer. They were correct in their complaints. Very unprofessional. Could use some type of breakfast.

Room Tip: Go, no run to another motel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Carol S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had a wonderful stay and recieved great service. The beds were freshly made and always had fresh towels and coffee mess. There was always fresh coffee through out the day. I would like to give special thanks to Cynthia for her attentiveness to detail.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank namck1216
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I was so surprise I excepted the same at all motel 6 but this one in sulphur Louisiana was so spacious clean and we also had a very nice flat screen tv. The staff was wonderful from the cleaning crew to the front desk clerk. The motel manager was so very nice. The area is close to the freeway, and lots of food within walking distance. I excepted a lot less for the price lowest in the area. We will be back on our next vacation. Way to go sulphur.

Room Tip: Get a suite very spacious felt we were in an apartment . Very large.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Betty R
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 8 December 2013

It's not the best place in the world but I couldn't argue. The price was very good and the people were really nice. The rooms were, I'd say 8 out of 10 which is really good for a motel 6. Most of the other ones I've been in were around 6 out of 10. Which, to me, still isn't that bad for them. Lots of fast food in walking distance, and not so fast food also in walking distance. Convenience store, right next door. Good location. New TV's and cable was a plus. I loved my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I had the best experience at this Motel 6. The front desk clerk Betty was so kind to us. Our room was clean and I enjoyed the flat screen tv. We got more than we expected of the price we paid. I travel a lot and usually stay motel 6's and this was an upgrade from the other motels. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank KARI K
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this Motel 6 recently. Accommodations are very nice. Comfortable beds and clean rooms. It was very close to the casinos in Lake Charles. About a 6 minuted drive. Staff was very nice at check-in. Nice TVs! Would recommend this motel to anyone. Very affordable!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Wilow Park, TX
Reviewed 12 July 2013

All rooms in the area were taken for July 4th weekend so we booked a reservation sight unseen with this Econo Lodge. The room smelled, the bed smelled and I had to get a sheet and pillows from my car just to lay on the bed! Oh, did I mention the HUGE ROACH my husband had to kill!?? We went to Walmart and bought Lysol and air freshener just to be able to stomach the odor and my feet never touched the floor or bedding! Dirty, dirty, dirty place!
I paid for the room when I arrived and went on with my vacation to other states. When I got home from my trip and looked at my bank account, I had been charged twice, 2 different amounts. I am currently on the phone (almost an hour with someone who can barely speak English!) trying to get my refund. My advice, whatever you do, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: I'd sleep in my car before I'd stay here again!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple