“Far from Hospitable”

Wingate by Wyndham Sulphur
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The manager blindsided my husband with threats of throwing us out of the hotel because others in our "group" were reportedly being disruptive. WE were certainly not being disruptive, so it was completely offensive to us that she approached him in that manner. He didn't even know what she was talking about. Her condescending attitude and blatant hostility towards our entire organization made our stay so uncomfortable that the dead outlets, stopped up toilets, slow-draining tub, lack of access to fresh towels, severely understaffed housekeeping crew, and broken washer and dryer PALED in comparison. Furthermore, there are significant discrepancies in rates being charged, policies being quoted, etc. -- the word "unscrupulous" definitely comes to mind with regards to this hotel's business practices. Take my advice and drive the 10 minutes to Lake Charles to stay somewhere else!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank K R
Jay K, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Sulphur, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2015

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. We are sorry that you did not find your experience satisfactory. We are always working to improve our property as well as operations. If you would like to discuss your issue with me personally, you can contact me at sulphurwingategm@gmail.com or call me on my office line at (337)527-5151.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel was understaffed, poorly managed, and unfriendly on certain shifts. We did not have enough towels and when we asked for some they gave us bath mats for towels. The room was not cleaned in a timely manner and we did not have extra sheets for the sofa bed. The evening manager had the worst attitude towards everyone.

Room Tip: Should you elect to stay here, stay in the suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gaspassah

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The whole hotel had a funny smell. Seemed a little under staffed at the front counter upon check in. But the room was nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenneth W

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location, close to casinos. Central location. Rooms comfortable. The only negative was the odor in the elevator. The odor was not presenting the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica D

Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindaa941

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Front desk very kind and accommodating and nice lobby. Room decent size but filthy. Bad Sheetrock damage in multiple places with horrible repair along with ceiling painted in different color whites because of ceiling leaks. Closet door had about 10 large touch up paint spots. Carpet in room was sticky and we couldn't take our shoes off and it didn't appear to be vacuumed.Room was musty and humid. Comfortable pillows. Bathroom had great water pressure but was dirty. TV and Internet worked great. I would spend a few more dollars and get a better hotel. Not worth the $99 rate.

• Stayed: June 2014