“Nice place to stay”

Days Inn Sulphur West
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I like that the Inn offers the rewards program. It's nice to know when you always stay in the same place that you will get a little payback of some kind. There was a little roach problem at one the the Inn's I stayed at. For the most part pretty clean. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I'm an elite member with La Quinta, so I know that the inns are not as nice as the "Inns and Suites"
I have stayed at this property before, but did not encounter the shoddy room I got last trip. Holes in the bed sheets, a dirty washcloth hanging on the shower curtain rod, and a very bizarre smell that permeated the room. I was very disappointed. I used my points to stay there, and was thinking maybe that's why I got the crappy room. Next time I will spend the extra money to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David O
lq0588gm, General Manager at Days Inn Sulphur West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

It is with great concern that your experience here at La Quinta Inn Sulphur was disappointing. We are truly sorry and are immediately addressing the problems you encountered. It is always are sole desire to deliver a "great guest experience" to Elite as well as all Return Members and all guests alike. I'm very sorry for your expectations not being met, we are an older corporate property however, we should and will be a clean, comfortable and relaxing hotel. Thank you for your comments and taking your time to point out those things we fell short at and thank you for the opportunity to improve and invite you back for a quality stay in Sulphur, La.
We will be adding 2,000 points to your membership as a small token of winning your business and thanking you for your loyalty to our brand!
Robert Hoey
La Quinta Inn 0588
Sulphur, La. 70665
337-527-8303

Reviewed 5 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I arrived on a Sunday night when they had low occupancy but they were not offering a discount for AARP/AAA as a local refinery was having a shutdown & they were full during the week.
My first room faced I10 interstate which was too noisy, as the motel is right next to an overpass. Rooms at the rear are a little quieter if you keep the A/C running all the time.
This is the older style LQ Inn & everything is pretty standard.
Next time I will continue onto Iowa LA which has an Inn & Suites, as this establishment is obviously only interested in workmen staying Monday to Friday & not the passing trade over the weekend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The outside looked a little rough, but the rooms were nice and spacious. During our stay there was a lot of out of town workers. Would have been a little apprehensive if my husband would not have been with me. But I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0588gm, General Manager at Days Inn Sulphur West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for response and for taking time to tell us how we can improve our hotel service and product. We invite you back for a very enjoyable guest experience!
Best regards,
Robert Hoey

A La Quinta traveler
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Reviewed 10 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Bedding very comfortable, breakfast lite and just enough to start the day. Crowded only because the hotel was busy and everyone wanting everything at the same time, just relax enjoy the bayou.
Staff very attentive and friendly, "southern hospitality" with a cajun flare..right place for the right price. Recommend to all travelers on I-10

Room Tip: Enjoy the hotel and ask if you need anything at all !!!!