Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Sulphur (Lake Charles)
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have stayed at the other holiday inn express in lake charles and was pleased. I thought I would have the same type of stay. When I checked into this hotel the desk clerk was "ghetto". She had a bad attitude and told us that our room was not ready and she didn't know when it would be ready. The temperature was Louisiana Hot and after a long traveling day that was not cool. After asking to speak to a manager my room was prepared and ready. We had a two room suite with a 1970s couch. The other parts of the room was update. The bathroom had mold growing in the tub. And whenever we took a shower it turned into a shower/bath because the water never drained out. The breakfast was tasty but never knew when it stopped because it was always 1/2 empty. Hubby was ready to go home by day 2. I would recommend the other Holiday Inn in Lake Charles by the Casinos.
Lastly, before I forget on day 2 I saw the housekeeper and asked her to change the sheets (for reasons I won't discuss). The housekeeper stated "we don't change the sheets but every 3 days". My hubby and I were so shocked and scared at the same time. However, when we returned she did change them. I can only imagine if we would have not caught her.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuthernBell
hiesulphur, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Sulphur (Lake Charles), responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

We at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites were concerned to read this review, as we pride ourselves on our levels of service and cleanliness. We apologize for any inconvenience that your experiences have caused you. Of course, we would truly appreciate the opportunity to look into the issues that arose during your stay. I encourage you to give us a call directly so that we may gather information from you in order to address these items appropriately and prevent them from happening again. We understand that you have many choices of where to stay when traveling to the Sulphur/Lake Charles area, and appreciate the opportunity to have served you. I look forward to hearing from you.

At Your Service,
Donna Martin
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

our high school team stayed 2 nights for a state championship. rooms were great, clean. I love the little vanity shelf outside of the bathroom... great for doing hair and makeup while someone else showers and steams up the bathroom! the service was excellent; everyone we encountered was over-the-top hospitable. breakfast was superb. before it closed, a staff member came around and asked if anyone wanted anything else! totally worthy of #1 ranking in Sulphur! Claiborne Christian School hopes to be back next May!!

• Stayed: May 2012
Justin F, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Sulphur (Lake Charles), responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I have traveled the past ten years and stayed in MANY hotels but this holiday inn express had the very BEST customer service. EVERYONE was polite and very helpful from the phone call to book the room to final checkout. The breakfast buffet food was fresh and hot, the lady made sure of it. I was very impressed by the wonderful hospitality. My family and I will definately return. I have a two year old and ten year old son and the ladies were very kind and attentive to my children. Thank you so much for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2012

We greatly appreciate your review. Our team strives to provide great service and we are happy to hear that we met our goal!

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The traffic was backed up so we decided to call it a night and stay here at the Holiday Inn Express, this ended up being a very good decision. Hotel was clean and the Hut Tub hot....Yes

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jpb56

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Best choice of hotels of the 4 to choose that share this same property no complaints except beds are a little firm its not a vacation spot of any sorts but perfect for business

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2012

This is a very nice, conveniently located to i-10 hotel. The hotel was clean and the rooms were very nice. The bed was comfortable. The 'free' breakfast is the regular fare, but the hot food was hot.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tx2Sum
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Great hotel, nice and clean and very comfortable. I travel 10-12 days a month and it's nice to stay in a hotel of this quality!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business