“If you need a place to sleep.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Sulphur (Lake Charles)
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If I need to qualify this by saying I am kind of a hotel snob. By that I mean I want a room and bed at least as nice mine at home. So going in I knew this would miss the mark.

Okay the front desk service was great. The breakfast attendant was also.

The bed was hard as a parking lot. Pillows worn out. Shower area was moldy. Curtains had holes in them. Time to upgrade this joint.

Was in town for two nights to move family from the area. Hotels in this town are limited. Felt safe, just not comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MgrSulphur, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Sulphur (Lake Charles), responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is regrettable that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay due to some aspects of our facility not living up to your expectations. We do take all the reviews that we receive very seriously, as they allow us to indentify areas that may benefit from additional attention.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel on two separate casino weekends. It is close to the Lake Charles casinos and has a much better weekend rate than staying in the casino hotels or when they are booked. Each time the staff has been outgoing and very friendly. Forgot our toothpaste and they took care of us! Also, has a Cracker Barrel and Waffle House nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014
MgrSulphur, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Sulphur (Lake Charles), responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Express & Suites. It's always a pleasure knowing that a guest has enjoyed their stay. I will pass on your kind words to our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Through an error (not Holiday Inn's) I was booked at a Holiday in 39 miles from Lake Charles. When I showed up at the wrong Holiday Inn Express and Suites Vidor, TX, the staff there was so kind and immediately acted to correct the situation. They put me in touch with Lake Charles who efficiently and kindly changed my reservation (and they met me original rate!). They went above and beyond and I appreciated it so much. That isn't all. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Sulphur, LA was great. Every staff member was charming, responsive and responsible without exception. I had a problem with noise from someone on the floor above me and they handled it immediately. The cleanliness of our room was great, we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in the morning that we never went out to eat breakfast. I highly recommend Holiday Inn and Suites and plan to stay there the next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MgrSulphur, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Sulphur (Lake Charles), responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you during your recent stay. I will pass on your response to our staff members. It is always nice to learn that we have gone above and beyond in our service. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

First time staying here.... Very clean, great breakfast& easy access off highway! Would stay here again... Stayed with baseball team... Boys & parents were allowed in meeting rooms to play games.... Great indoor pool & exercise room ...also nice area outdoor with tables & chairs,vending machines

• Stayed: May 2014
MgrSulphur, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Sulphur (Lake Charles), responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Sulphur. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities. It is always our pleasure to host the many families that visit our area to attend sporting events. It was great to see you enjoyed both our pool and breakfast. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team. Thank you again for telling us about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We used the Holiday Inn Express-Sulphur, as our base hotel for three nights while attending the Louisiana Railroad Days Festival. We arrived late in the evening on a Thursday night, and found the parking lot to be very full of pick-up trucks and other company vehicles. We were checked by a very attentive young man, whom stated that he was waiting on us to arrive. The rooms very large and quiet. The beds where firm and restful. The morning breakfasts were up to Holiday Inn Express standards. The breakfast attendant was inviting and pleasant. The housekeepers were friendly and not foreign, so that it a pleasure. The television had many channels and was positioned correctly n the room. The front desk staff was knowledgeable about area events. A big plus in my book.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
MgrSulphur, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Sulphur (Lake Charles), responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Sulphur. We were happy to hear you enjoyed the property and the staff we have here. I can't wait to share your review with the entire staff to see what a great job they are doing. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Sulphur area. Thanks again for sharing.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was travelling on business and the hotel was perfectly located. I didn't spend much time in the hotel but did enjoy the breakfast. The exercise room was adequate for my needs. The room was big for the price and had a nice TV. Overall, for business travel this is a good hotel. The fresh cookies in the afternoon add a nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Terry H

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Sulphur. We were all happy to hear you enjoyed both the amenities and the location. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels to the Sulphur area. Thank you again for your positive comments.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed over the week end at this location. It was a wonderful place, very easy to get to, lots of restaurants and convienence stores very close by..most of all, the hotel..very quiet and very clean, we had a kind non smoking on the first floor and I have to stay that it was by far the cleanest hotel, of any name, that I have stayed at in recent years. The staff was energetic, respectful and helpful. Never failed to greet on our arrival and never failed to acknowledge that we were leaving the hotel. Our room was VERY clean and well stocked. The breakfast was like at all Express locations but very substantial and had a wide assortments of coffees, teas, beverages, cereals and breads..to choose from and it was kept hot and ready to eat but not overly so..(dried out)...I highly recommend this location to stay in. BTW-when we made reservations there were no king bedrooms available but when we checked in, we asked and they were happy to accommodate our request-4 STARS for service...thank you

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, I believe that it is quieter but we never heard the fr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrenhamTexasGramma2
MgrSulphur, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Sulphur (Lake Charles), responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review and post your comments. I appreciate the candor and feedback as this truly allows our team to see a perspective from our guest's view--and that makes us better in the long run for sure. Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our Holiday Inn Express & Suites with TripAdvisor readers who, like us, rely so much on all the valuable feedback such as yours. We hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in Sulphur.