“Hampton is always a good middle of the road choice”

Hampton Inn Sulphur / Lake Charles Area
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed 2 June 2014

the staff was great; helpful with recommendations and accommodating anything I needed. they were all very friendly including the breakfast staff, front desk and housekeeping. it has a very good Cajun food restaurant right outside the door. however it is close to the I-10 but I couldn't hear the noise while I was in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Lavette C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sulphur / Lake Charles Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. As always, we loved having you here with us. It is our goal to be your home away from home while traveling. Should there be anything we can do to make your next reservation with us better, please let us know. Thank you once again for the kind review. Make it a great day.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I just checked out of this hotel, which I frequent at least once a month, sometimes twice. I've noticed within the past 6 months or so, service has been consistently going downhill. However, this time in particular was by far the worst.

First, I came back from a long day of work to find that my room door was open! The cleaning staff had been in (the room had been cleaned) and did not ensure the door was shut. I panicked because my iPad, laptop, etc was just sitting on the desk. Nothing was stolen or missing, but I alerted the front desk staff to which he said "Ruh roh" Slightly irritated, I simply asked he ensure the cleaning staff make sure it doesn't happen again.

Throughout my stay, my room keys stopped working three times. I got all the way up to my room, found neither key was operational, and had to go down to the front desk each time. It was a quick fix but very annoying.

On my last day at check out, they only gave me a partial receipt. I stopped at the front desk and had to wait quite a bit for the staff to figure out how to print the entire receipt. Apparently there are new owners and the books were closed out during my stay. I understand, but I had a flight to catch, and I feel these loose ends should have been tied up.

The staff is friendly and the rooms are decent, but I honestly only stay here because I'm a hilton honors member. I've heard rumors that there is a Hampton opening in Lake Charles. I hope the service there matches the Hilton standard I am used to.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Nuzzi34

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. We apologize for the incident with the guest room door being left open and the issue with your room keys. We loved having you here with us and were happy to see that you gave us a second chance and came back to stay with us. We hope that you were satisfied with your most recent stay. It is our goal to be your home away from home. We would love for you to be our guest again in the future. Should there be anything we can do to make your next stay with us better, please let me know. Thank you once again for the feedback. Make it a great day.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Incredibly professional and helpful staff. Quiet, clean rooms, comfortable beds and breakfast is generally ready before 0600. Outside of hotel is kept clean as well as the pool area. Enjoy each stay. Close to Lake Charles area Casinos if you like to gamble and plenty of restaurants. Just ask the staff and they will point the way.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This particular Hampton was clean, well maintained, and with a friendly staff who were willing to look up information about local businesses and restaurants etc. I was greeted with a friendly attitude and smile. Made me feel like a welcomed guest.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Guy R

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Usually, the rate at this inn is too high for the value. Recently, a local sports event caused a shortage of rooms in the area. But for some odd reason, not only was I able to get a room here, but the rate was quite reasonable, despite the shortage of rooms. The inn was able to provide a room on the 1st floor, as I requested. Too, when I arrived the room, which has been assigned, was "out of service", but I was given another room on the 1st floor. AND, because of the "inconvenience", an appreciable discount was applied to the rate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Oscar B

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel is located just off I-10 making it extremely convenient for business travelers visiting the refineries or other industries around the area. The view isn't the greatest but its close to gas and food options. They have a basic fitness center and a pool that would have looked inviting if I had remembered a swim suit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Enjoyed the stay.The only minor thing was the noise on the 3rd floor It was like some kind of equiptment running. Whirlpool tub was bigger than what we thought. Price was reasonable . We are planning on staying at this Hotel again probally in the fall of this year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert M
Lavette C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sulphur / Lake Charles Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. As always, we loved having you here with us. Give us a call on your next trip to our area and we will be glad to personally book your stay. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn - Sulphur for your stay. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon. Make it a great day.