“Not Bad for the value price of $ 40.00”

Crossland Economy Studios - Lake Charles - Sulphur
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Sulphur
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Rooms are small, not like the pictures in the advertisement. Floors are stained televisions are old. pillow cases are very thin, I bring my own sheets and pillow cases and towels. Place is safe and quiet. Staff is very polite and will take care of complaints-if any, immediately. Kitchenette is clean. Even though there are dishes and silverwear for every room. I bring my own. I travel with work so the savings help. I definately would not stay with my family. Overall this place is not bad for the money. Other places in this area are much much worse.

Room Tip: I always get a room on second or third level. Seems more people stay on the first floor. The rooms o...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Lake Charles - Sulphur, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff and clean kitchen along with the quiet noise level and safe area surroundings. Still, I do apologize that a part of your stay was not satisfactory. We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our rooms at exceptional rates.

It would be our pleasure to have you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

The previous reviews are correct; it is not the Hilton or even a Days Inn. However, what do you expect for $39. I was traveling on a per diem, so the money I saved went into my pocket. If you are looking to save money would be the only way I would recommend this hotel. It is very rough with very small rooms and terrible interstate noise. The staff, however, were very pleasant and helpful. I would not stay here with my wife and kids, but alone on business it does serve its purpose.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank vol27970
Reviewed 25 January 2011

The room was not amazing and to be honest i didn't really feel comfortable showering due to the state of the shower head (old and a little rusty) but the girl at the front desk was SUPER HELPFUL and nice!!! The area is cute with a ton of nicer hotels around it for triple the price and cracker barrel right up the street. I was traveling with my 2 year old and felt safe and comfortable to go to sleep and I am a nervous nelly! It was fine, really!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank CandaceNoLa
Reviewed 29 June 2009

This is one of the nastys motel/hotels I have ever seen or smelled. My Husband and I was there for a surprise retirement party for my Mother inlaw, I think we got the surprise when we checked in that night, it was late and we have been driving for a while. I was ashamed to even walk in the room we opened the door and the room smelled very stale and old. I had my husband bring the deodorizer from the car and the cleaning spray. Before we even opend our stuff. That is a shame. The hallways and elevator is also nasty. This place needs a major cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gatorgirl081
Reviewed 6 March 2009

My husband was there on business but we had to move. This place is filthy - I shampooed the carpet myself! Hair on bathroom walls & ceiling and mould growing on bath ceiling. A used bar of soap, from a previous unlucky guest, remained on top of the shower surround the whole stay. I should have called the Health Department. I will never stay here again - at any cost. Many other guest and colleagues were leaving as they found alternative hotels. Staff would "deactivate" your room card - in essence, locking you out of your room. This was done so that you would come by the office to see what they wanted. They did this to me at least 5 times in my 3 week stay. Nothing short of harrassment. Other guests said this happened to them as well. Have they never heard of the telephone or, God forbid, they actually WALK to your room! Excessively loud, from the interstate traffic, trains, and guests. We called the office many times to see if they would control the noise - to no avail. Not what you want when you are working 12 hours a day! Also had to contend with the "ladies of the night", knocking on the door and whooping it up outside your door. Someone did finally call the police to control an argument, one night around 11:30. More excitement than we needed. We have spoken with our corporate office about warning their employees against this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank BulldawgSwailes
Reviewed 7 April 2008

I can only echo the reviews already written. The room was dirty, small, just awful. The a/c-heating was bad. The door to our room had to be slammed..several times..in order to shut, which still didn't help keep out the sound from the nearby interstate. The location of this place is so bad that the room would even shake when a large group of big rigs passed on I-10.

How dumb that the toilet doesn't have a seat, but a shelf right above?!

I understand if this is the only place you can afford, but after reading the reviews here be prepared for the worst stay EVER!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank PissyTraveler
Reviewed 7 September 2007

Paint peeling off wall from humidity. Condensation water dripping from bathroom ceiling. Cheap and smelly furniture and bedding. A homeless shelter would be more welcoming. Priceline was great and refunded my money, but i had to leave and find another motel for the night. Crossland should be ashamed to charge money for this place.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lottomaninaz