“our take away”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We ordered a takeaway for myself and wife, order taken by a lovely man, he warned me up front they were busy and could be up to an hour.it was less andbdelivered by a young man in a suit.the meals were out of this world, and the portions enormous. We have eaten in the restaurant previous ly, andbeen just as satisfied. Good serviceand pleasant staff.would certainly recommend to anyone

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We'd never heard of this restaraunt before being invited to meet friends there on Saturday evening. We wasn't expecting much from a buffet type restaraunt. Situated on a main road with parking in nearby side streets. Nice reception and good set up with a small waiting area and bar.
I'd disagree with previous reviews stating its overpriced. I live in North Wales as do some of the reviewers and if they can tell me where there's a better value eatery for 15 quid a head in North Wales I'd try it tomorrow! This is good value,and everything we all tried (20 people) agreed the food was excellent. We usually would pay around £50 for two of us elsewhere as a norm, so £30 for two people can't be bad. Soups were excellent. Spare ribs very soft (tried 1 before returning for a portion size, very nice. Dim sum dumplings, shumai, chicken wings were all very fresh and tasty.
Can't comment on the mains as next up was crispy duck. There was a huge choice and also a cooking station where the chefs prepared prawns and other tasties in front of you. I didn't try deserts but people in the party said there was a good choice and no complaints about anything. I. Find it hard to believe that we could all be wrong. We met early before going out for the evening around 6.45 so maybe that's why everything was so fresh and abundant. No this restaraunt maybe not 5 star but the quality and quantity of choice far outdoes anything similar in the area, in North Wales there's nothing to compare it with! So if you want a cheap meal, nice surroundings, great choice then try it. If you're looking for a quiet romantic evening pay triple the price in the Chester Chinese restraunts. Tip. visit early. Got to find fault with something so docked a star for no toothpicks. Good food try it.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Not a very good Chinese restaurant. All you can eat buffet at £15 was overpriced. The 'nibble' bits were severely overcook, tiny spring rolls were solid and had very little filling, prawn toasts were over done and hard, maybe they had been there for a long time. For the main meals - nothing special, meat was tough (except the pork), rice was OK. Deserts were awful - never seen such tiny pieces of cheesecake - almost needed a magnifying glass to see them and they were displayed in a desert cabinet as though on show because they were so good. Cheap ice cream. Very noisy place and the noise echoed all over. Never saw any member of staff smile or hear them speak, they looked so miserable and surly and seemed as though they didn't want to be there. Even when they cleared empty plates away there was no communication even though I spoke to them.. Supposed to be open until 11:00pm but everything was cleared away before 10:30pm. Would not visit here again.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Visited with friends. Place very noisy which is a shame as the actual set up is quite attractive. Food not as good as I hoped it would be. Eating the Spring rolls was like trying to bite into stone. They were so hard it was impossible to eat them. One spring roll I did get into had nothing in it!!! The Peking Pork and the Yung Chow fried rice were really nice and I did have seconds of them but the rest of the food was not up to scratch. It tasted as if the dishes had been left out too long and gone dry. The puddings were a joke. The tiniest and I mean tiniest piece of cheesecake you have ever seen in your life. For £15 per head I think it could have been better. The staff not very friendly either and in fact some of the female staff I found quite rude and stand offish. I would not visit again I am afraid.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

thoroughly disappointed with our meal last night. Went at 8:15pm Sunday as the Slow Boat in Chester buffet finishes at 9pm. Stating with the hot and sour soup, this was lovely and very tasty. Two dumplings on the buffet which looked very unappetizing. Crispy duck and pancakes were ok except for the slimy cucumber. Starters, i.e. spring rolls ribs and prawn toasts, if there were more than 3 of each they were dried to the point of breaking your teeth on! ALL of the main meals were either minus the meat or so dried up you wouldn't even go there! It turned out to be tasteless, greasy and burnt! We will NEVER go here again! what a total disappointment!!!!!!!! :( Thank god we didn't take family or friends with us.