“Good but spoilt by the racket!!!”
Review of The Chef's Wok - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Arrived tonight for Sunday buffet...seemed quite busy...myself,husband and 3 yr old daughter were sat up the top area next to a party of 20+ people....food was very good,premises very clean...racket off the 'party' table was atrocious...could not hear ourselves think...after a long day at work this is the last thing I wanted to hear. Needless to say we ate up,drank up and went home with our heads banging and ears buzzing from the noise!! Will return but next time will ensure we are not plonked next to a big party!!

1  Thank Maxine V

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This Chinese restaurant is only average at best.
I went on a Sunday afternoon on 2nd March 2014. While there is a menu it seems the management would prefer diners opt for the 'all you can eat banquet'. The usual are there and the sweet and sour chicken stood out from the crowd; however partner and I found the remaining dishes rather bland and not of the highest quality ingredients. Sweet counter was dreadful to the eye and very unappetising - leave alone unless you like cheap ice cream and jelly!
Overall the food is cheap enough and fills a hungry person but unmemorable cuisine. I'll not be returning in a hurry.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I am a regular here I love the food and it is always good quality they are an all you can eat restaurant for £15 (expensive for what there is.) And also the drinks are expensive but overall good experience

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We ordered a takeaway for myself and wife, order taken by a lovely man, he warned me up front they were busy and could be up to an hour.it was less andbdelivered by a young man in a suit.the meals were out of this world, and the portions enormous. We have eaten in the restaurant previous ly, andbeen just as satisfied. Good serviceand pleasant staff.would certainly recommend to anyone

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We'd never heard of this restaraunt before being invited to meet friends there on Saturday evening. We wasn't expecting much from a buffet type restaraunt. Situated on a main road with parking in nearby side streets. Nice reception and good set up with a small waiting area and bar.
I'd disagree with previous reviews stating its overpriced. I live in North Wales as do some of the reviewers and if they can tell me where there's a better value eatery for 15 quid a head in North Wales I'd try it tomorrow! This is good value,and everything we all tried (20 people) agreed the food was excellent. We usually would pay around £50 for two of us elsewhere as a norm, so £30 for two people can't be bad. Soups were excellent. Spare ribs very soft (tried 1 before returning for a portion size, very nice. Dim sum dumplings, shumai, chicken wings were all very fresh and tasty.
Can't comment on the mains as next up was crispy duck. There was a huge choice and also a cooking station where the chefs prepared prawns and other tasties in front of you. I didn't try deserts but people in the party said there was a good choice and no complaints about anything. I. Find it hard to believe that we could all be wrong. We met early before going out for the evening around 6.45 so maybe that's why everything was so fresh and abundant. No this restaraunt maybe not 5 star but the quality and quantity of choice far outdoes anything similar in the area, in North Wales there's nothing to compare it with! So if you want a cheap meal, nice surroundings, great choice then try it. If you're looking for a quiet romantic evening pay triple the price in the Chester Chinese restraunts. Tip. visit early. Got to find fault with something so docked a star for no toothpicks. Good food try it.