“Rougaroux Rum”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Rougaroux Rum”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had no idea that Louisiana had a quality distillery. Tasted and bought their rum, vodka, and gin. On the waiting list to purchase the LA 1 whiskey.

Visited July 2014
7 Thank DustyWilliams

Cleveland, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“FUN IN THE AFTERNOON”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

While spending a weekend in Thibodaux, the owner of the hotel mentioned the distillery to me.
I went to see the facility and took the tour and I'm SO glad I did. The tour was interesting but needless to say my favorite part was the tasting and listening to the stories of the swamp monster. I went home with several bottles and a t-shirt. It was a fun afternoon and I highly recommend it. Just make sure you have a designated driver!

Visited May 2014
5 Thank chringra
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Must add to south Louisiana visit!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

DPD has created a very nice place to taste their local based high quality creations! I was lured with the concept and graphic designs, but I was more impressed by the spirits they have crafted. The people are great about explaining the process and history while touring and tasting. The six of us left with a case of their products. Can't wait to use the Praline rum for my bread pudding sauce or splashed over ice cream (FYI I'm not typically one to drink straight liquor.)

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Sarah J
Bayonne, New Jersey
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“A must visit if you like booze and want to learn a little bit of Louisiana culture at the same time.”
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

We drove all the way from NOLA to visit, and we must say that it is one of the highlights of our trip. You get to sample all of their award wining drinks. You get an informative tour with a passionate employee named Tyson. If you are lucky, you may even be able to have a drink with the owner. We thought we would spend an hour at most but ends up spending two and a half in conversation and to make sure we weren't too intoxicated to drive back. It is on the way to the Oak Alley Plantation. Make sure your turn right if the Walmart is on the left. Most GPS will steer you the wrong way.

Visited May 2013