“No bad review here.”
Review of Motel 6 Thibodaux

Motel 6 Thibodaux
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Thibodaux
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Every staff person I met was friendly and helpful. The rooms have been newly renovated so everything looks and works great. The hotel is located close to every convenience but amazingly is very quiet, too, and with plenty of privacy. Although I didn't have a chance to use it, the pool is bigger than I expected. I understand the hotel is under new management, maybe that's why previous reviews were not so good. I was pleased enough that I'll be staying again this week.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cheryl m
QualityInnGMLA257, General Manager at Motel 6 Thibodaux, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

I am very please that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value what our guests have to stay and this gives us an idea on what is working or what we can do better to make each stay more enjoyable. We hope that when your in the area that you will return to our location at the Quality Inn & Suites and make this your home away from home.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Left my iPhone charging all day in room only to discover the outlet was dead so could not take wedding photos. A/C did not cool down room. bath was very slow draining, toilet would not flush unless you held the handle down for 30 seconds, shower heads need updating and need to be more powerful, bathroom door did not close properly in room 234. Breakfast advertized as "hot & healthy." HOT - Junk food had to be warmed in microwave oven. HEALTHY - a couple of apples, oranges, hard boiled eggs and yogurt does not constitute a "healthy breakfast." And the orange juice was Tang or something similar. Coffee was weak, which is unusual for south Louisiana.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you pay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

I would like to offer a heartfelt appology that you found your stay unenjoyable. I did go to the room that you stayed in and found the wall light by the door does control the outlet that had the lamp on it. If the charger was on this wall outlet then it would not charge when switch was off. We just installed all new showerheads per Quality Inn standards and not sure why pressure would have been low flowing this unit. We do have a limited breakfast selection due to the health dept regulations. We do provide Hot Waffles and again meet what Quality Inn allows us to provide our guest. We do have a wide variety of breakfast selections that are heat and eat ready. Fresh fruits, juices, and hard cooked eggs are provided daily. We provide Hot coffee and tea in the breakfast room as well as the lobby. We do ask each guest upon checkout, how was the stay and if we could have done anything better. We want our guest to leave with a good impression of our Quality Inn and Suites and if a problem occured with the stay, then we want to make it right before they leave. If you wish to talk about the stay in more detail then I welcome a call at 985-446-0977.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Checked in early. Very frendly at the front desk. She went over to make sure the room was ready, and came and got us. Went to the room ... the smell just about knocked us down! Not good! They did a good job of getting us a new room which didn't smell like urine, but that was about it. Needed to keep our shoes on at all times. Even felt like we needed to wear shoes in the shower! Holes in the carpet. Could go on, and on but... looked like they tried to update the rooms ,but like putting perfume on a pig. Still a pig!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bigbrotherb
QualityInnGMLA257, General Manager at Motel 6 Thibodaux, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

As the General Manager, I make myself available to all guest and even put my cell number on my business cards just incase they find an issue with the property. I regret that I was not made aware of your concerns before checkout. This hotel has been going through renovations but, I can assure you that each room was professionally steam cleaned the end of June 2013. I check each room with housekeeping and have not encountered a room like in your discription. I would be happy to talk with you about the concerns and find out more. My guests are main concern and I want to hear from them so, if we need to fix anything or give a pat on the back I value the opinions. Please feel free to call me at 985-446-0977 and will be happy to talk with you.

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Most hotels that don't have all the rooms inside the building are older and not kept up. This one was old but rooms were updated. The bed and linens were excellent! The staff couldn't of been more wonderful! The housekeeping do an amazing job. Our door to our room was hard to shut but not a big deal for me. One negative thing was the noise! I feel the guests should be spaced out within rooms for more privacy. There was a big baseball tournament and our room was stuck on the middle of them. There was NO sleeping in! The breakfast was great! The toilet took 3 flushes to get one price of toilet paper down everyone we used the bathroom. Oh and i hated the window curtains in these older motels. Its like someone can see in! Overall, I give this hotel a 4 out of 5! :)

• Stayed: July 2013

I wanted to say Thank you for your valued review and giving our property a try with this visit. We always want to hear the good and bad so, we can offer our Quality service or learn from a mistake. We are only as good as your feedback from valued guests who complete a review. We hope to see you with your next trip in Thibodaux.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

The rooms are very nice and the beds are comfortable. The desk and housekeeping staff are nice and helps you with great attitudes. The swimming pool and area are very clean. We feel the rate was very reasonable. Thank you Quality Inn for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you from our hardworking staff members. They enjoy reading the reviews and we are happy that you are a returning guests. We want every guest to feel like they are at our home and want to make each stay a delight. Thanks again for the review and tell a friend about us.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I've been to this hotel several times and they always had a room available. The updated rooms were nice and quiet. It has all necessary amenities in place. For outdoor cooling comfort, a crystal clear pool for your enjoyment. The staff is friendly and ready to assist you. The hotel is surrounded by places to eat and attractions to see. If you are ever in the area, stop by. You just might stay a while.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My wife and i had a wonderful time. It was our first time at the hotel. Our needs were met as soon as we called the front desk. The grankids had a lot of fun in the swimming pool. I would recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends. Thank u quality inn for a good two days

• Stayed: April 2013
QualityInnGMLA257, General Manager at Motel 6 Thibodaux, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

We are so glad that you took the time for the review. The staff and I was very pleased that you enjoyed the stay and cooled off in the pool. We want to be the family fun hotel that can enjoy the Pool. New Fitness center & Sauna. Hope to see you again when passing through.