“This place is as close to hell as you can get. Thank god for no complimentary razors, because I would have rather died than stay”
Review of Lighthouse Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Venice
Lighthouse Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The survey speaks for itself. $100 a night is a joke. The beds are comparable to a prison cell, and the walls were so thin I could here the guy next door "entertaining" himself. Good times!

• Stayed: June 2012
10  Thank tatooth

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I just called to make a reservation for an upcoming weekend. The hostess at the front desk remembered me from last year. The staff there are so very personable. The rooms and hotel in general is clean and comfortable. What many in these reviews are "forgetting" is that, this is a "fishing community". During the summer there are people who go down to Venice to go Charter fishing. Of course they are going to be a little rowdy and possibly drinking. They are there to have fun.
One of the convienient things about this place is that there are electrical plugs available in the post outside by the rooms. You can back your boat into a parking space and plug in the battery for overnight charge. Or run an extention cord (if you have one). You can rest assured if you leave your boat in the parking lot over night. No one is going to mess with it.
The room that we stayed in had no carpet. In my opinion, that is a good thing. I can't complain about the pillows, because I always bring my own.
I would definately recommend that you stay here and do plan to return again.
carla5865

Room Tip: If you are bringing a boat, request a room on the bottom floor. All of the rooms on the bottom floo...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carla R
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This hotel is a most welcome sight after a long drive on a never ending road. it is mainly used by workers in the area but book early when a fishing tournament is going on because you will be out of luck.
The staff are very helpful and polite, free coffe and bagels in the morning.
The rooms are kept very clean, one fault is the TV is mounted to the wall and you cannot angle it if you are in the bed next to the bathroom. if you are bothered by noisy rowdy workers call the front desk and the friends at Plaquemines Sheriffs Dept will give them another room with bars at the door.

Room Tip: get a room on the North side away from the Helicopter pads.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank edodowd
Reviewed 7 December 2011

This Place Has Everything for Fishing!
We Caught some Big Fish and had a Great Time!
I Will See You There - I Hope!

Room Tip: Go Early - Go Often - Teach Kids to Fish!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Allen S
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Nice on the outside.....but small beds and pillows and thin walls make for a 2nd rate experience. Lots of oil field workers drinking beer outside their rooms. One noisy group kept me up till 3:00 a.m. Wish I had called the front desk but I kept hoping they would quiet it down.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Someone wrote about bed bugs and i guess they must have heard them.

The room was very clean. Mattresses have cloth mattress wrappers on them and I always do a bug chceck regardless of where I am going.

No Bugs. Not inside anyway. ;-)

Internet connection is terrible and the front desk cant really help on this issue. You need to goto the lobby and even then the connection is poor.

Continental breakfast is okay but its all cereal and breads. If you are expecting some Fruit or Yogurt you are out of luck. Bring your own. In fact its hard to find any fruit in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank adamandtaly1
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I use TripAdvisor for making all of my lodging decisions. Given the mixed reviews of the Lighthouse Lodge, I was hesitant to stay there. But, given the limited number of reviews (only 5, as of this writing – this one will make 6) and the fact that there aren’t many options in Venice, LA, we decided to take our chances.
Well, I’m happy to say that we couldn’t have been more pleased with our decision. In Venice, the Lighthouse Lodge is like an oasis in the desert. There isn’t much around, and the Lighthouse Lodge stands out as the only welcoming place in the area. It is nicely maintained, it’s well lit at night, and the lighthouse itself is a landmark that is impossible to miss. Since we arrived at night, it was a welcome sight.
We stayed in the villas, which are 2 buildings at the back of the parking lot, set right on the canal, which is next to a strip of grass that transitions to the levee along the Mississippi River. Each of the 2 buildings comprises 4 villas. The downstairs units have a bedroom and a separate living room with a full kitchen and a screened in porch. The upstairs units have just the bedroom and the screened in porch. However, there is a closet that has a nice sized mini-fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker. (Hopefully, obviously, they all have bathrooms as well.) The screened in porches are nicely furnished with cushioned wicker chairs, a table, a ceiling fan and lights. We didn’t need the full kitchen, so we saved the $60 or so difference and stayed upstairs.
There were a few things that could have been improved. First of all, when we arrived, we were greeted by a very nice, helpful person at the front desk who gave us our key. I didn’t ask about the villa; I just assumed that I was given the key to the room that we had reserved. But, we weren’t, so, we were called back to the front desk to get the key to the villa. We were told that it was unit N4 which was the upstairs of the blue building. Not realizing that there were 2 units upstairs, we went up a set of stairs of the blue building, and there were already people in the room. So, we went back down the stairs, discovered another set of stairs, and went up those, only to discover people in that room, too! So, back down the stairs and we called the front desk, to be told that our room was definitely one of those 2 rooms and that there was nothing that she could do to help us find the room, since she was alone in the office. When pressed, she called the manager (who was not on site) who informed her that our room was actually in the pink building. So, we finally found our room. But, it was not a pleasurable experience. All of this could have been prevented with some good signs, both on the walkway in front of/between the two buildings and on the bottoms of the stairs to the upstairs units. It turns out that there is a sign above the door of the units, but there was no way to see those signs at night, even if we had known to look for them. Having knowledgeable staff would have been helpful as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LeslieRMH

Been to Lighthouse Lodge? Share your experiences!