“No "late" food.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vidalia
Columbus, OH
“No "late" food.”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is very nice and clean. Great view, right on the river. Breakfast was the standard fare but it was what I expected and seemed fresh. My only negative is that when I arrived, 9:30 pm, and asked about somewhere to eat, I was told that most everything closes at 9:00. I guess the attached restaurant is only open from 4:00 to 9:00. The desk clerk told me that any nicer restaurants were a few miles away and they might be closed. I rode around the area a bit and found a Subway shop nearby. Other than the food situation though, great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Clara B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hello!
I am Clara Brown, the GM, and am sorry you were disappointed with the early hours of the local restaurants. We are in a rural area and this is just one of our less than desirable charateristics1
Please join us again when you visit this area!
Regards,
Clara Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
La.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had a reservation with this hotel in May of 2014. I arrived early on the day of my reservation and was told the room was not ready, that check-in was 3:00, to come back then. So we spent 4 hours killing time on a very hot day. We came back to the hotel at 3:00 and was told the room was still not ready and that she didn't know when it would be. I told her she said it would be ready at 3 and she just shrugged her shoulders. I told her I was unhappy about this and she again shrugged her shoulders. I asked to speak to the manager and she said there was not one there, that it was only her. I said, ok just cancel my reservation, and she looked at me, clicked the cancel button and said, "canceled". Wow, what customer service! I can't tell you how the room, breakfast or hotel was because I didn't get to stay there. Just go across the bridge and stay in Natchez, they are much friendlier there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Clara B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I am the GM at this property and apologize profusely for your poor reception and customer service you received at our Front Desk. I have taken measures to make sure this will never
happen again....Thank you so much for letting me know what happened to you.

If you are in our area again, I know our hotel staff can create the next experience into a complete
turn around.

Regards,
Clara Brown GM
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my third stay here and as previously, I was very pleased with my experience.

First visit last year followed a recommendation from a friend who had stayed here, especially to enjoy the view of the Mississippi River.

I was surprised at how clean and fresh this place was and the service was excellent.... And it has an on-site restaurant and lounge along with a complimentary breakfast.

I always request a riverside room where I can observe the passing river traffic and have watched excursion steamboats arrive and depart from the Natchez "Down-under" landing and park.

On one visit, I was able to upgrade to a corner room on the top floor with a commanding view of the river and all the towboats and barges as they passed beneath the Natchez-Vidalia bridges. I always plan my trips to New Orleans or Houston to include a stop here!

I'm a freelance photographer for commercial maritime magazines and have taken many media-quality photos from the hotel's patio and have even gotten a few good photos through the window from my third floor room.

Am really surprised this property is not affiliated with a higher-end (more expensive) chain like Marriot or Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside room if available.... Well worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Red Wing, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel has a huge, beautiful lobby. All the hotel staff we encountered were very pleasant and helpful.
We had a king balcony suite and it was very nice. It was a very large L shaped room with a balcony off the living area. I would highly recommend this type of room. I thought the rate was very reasonable. You truly are right next to the river.
We ate at the restaurant 3 nights and all the food we had was excellent. The breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nebraska
Reviewed 30 April 2014

A great new motel right on the river. You can easily throw a rock into the river from a river side room. (Can't open the windows, so not possible.) It is across from Natchez MS and has a great view of the city bluffs. It was entertaining to watch the barges and tugs going by. The lit up bridge across the Mississippi River was quite scenic also. The rooms are huge at least on the river side. I would spend the extra few dollars to get a room on that side. The beds were fantastic. The breakfast was excellent with good choices plus a few in comparison to similar motels. The motel is built inside the levee, so you really are close to the river. There is a walking path behind the motel. Very quiet with no thru road close. I could stay there for a few days and enjoy the scenery, but, alas, had to leave the next morning.

Room Tip: Reserve a room on the river side. We were on the 3rd floor. Fun to watch the river go by.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Natchez is directly across the river easily accessible by the bridge adjacent to the hotel property. We opted for a suite on the river side of the hotel so we could watch the tug boats and river traffic. Our suite with partial room divider had a small but comfy sofa plus a lounge chair. Big flat screen TV swiveled for easy viewing from either the couch or the bed. Furniture was in good shape and the bed afforded us a good night’s sleep. Bathroom was spacious with a granite countertop. Every thing was clean and fresh. They claim they have a restaurant but it really is the breakfast area with bright lighting. They have a separate “cocktail lounge” but that consists of a bar with a few stools plus some regular tables and chairs. It doesn’t even look like a cocktail lounge or a restaurant. I ordered a club sandwich for $10.95 which was an absolute joke with only a few slivers of ham, turkey and a small slice of tomato along with french fries. This was a waste of money and I don’t understand how other reviewers have rated this “restaurant” so highly. We did see a kitchen area behind a door. Breakfast, on the other hand, was a real breakfast with fresh scrambled eggs, sausage patties, sausage links, hash brown potatoes, biscuits & gravy and all the regular fare. Real dinner plates and silverware was used, no paper products. It was a good hot breakfast and great way to start our day.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river and watch the river traffic.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is a hidden treasure. It was so quite & peaceful. The rooms were very nice with beautiful Riverside views. The walkways on the river are well lite for comfortable moonlight strolls. You must have dinner in the restaurant. Mrs. Pat will make you feel at home. Salad was very fres & crisp. Ranch dressing was homemade. Main dish was 4-5 star quality. There is a spa on site. I will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Get the riverside view. Its worth the cost.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JAGG J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vidalia
Hotel Vue
Magnolia Bluffs Casino Hotel
Super 8 Natchez
Super 8 Natchez
#8 of 16 in Natchez

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!