“second visit”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Vidalia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a repeat visit to this hotel, we love it! We had a riverfront room right on the Mississippi River. There is a riverwalk which is nice after dinner or early in the morning. Great patio too. Nice room, great breakfast with real eggs, not powdered and real silverware and dishes. Handy to Natchez which is a short ride over the bridge. We will be back for a third visit.

Room Tip: Get a river front room on the upper floors for a great view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Clara B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind remarks! It is a pleasure for our staff to have you stay!
C Brown GM

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I was amazed by the way this hotel looked as I walked in. It has a 4 star feel. Nice beautiful lobby, halls are very nice and clean, very high ceilings.
And then I walked into the room...I was wowed at the amount of space my two queen bed, pull out sofa was. Nicest room Ive seen in a while. I decided to let my parents have the bed and I take the pull out couch.
As I walked to the couch the first thing I noticed was a VERY worn chair. It had all sorts of tears in it. So Im thinking, "ok things happen". I then made the move to the couch, the first thing I noticed was food on the wall that the couch was against. We called and asked them to come clean it, (even though it was a small area, I was still digiated at the fact that my head would be lying below this) the lady came to clean it and didnt complain although I dont think she was happy that she had to come clean such a tiny spot. After driving in a car for 11 hrs from Texas through a very bad storm, I wanted to take a shower. Now maybe I watch too much tv and im just picky, but I went to put my hand on the rail in the shower and there was nasty build up around the ends of the rail. Loiked like nobody had even touched it in.months. we were given the option to change rooms but After our long stressful trip, we didnt feel like packing up all of our stuff to move. We just decided to weather out another storm and deal with it.

Other than that, the beds sleep very well, it has a very beautiful view and the staff was very friendly.

I just encourage the manager to keep a better eye on the rooms and make sure they are being cleaned properly and maybe replace the worn out furniture in the rooms.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Clara B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I apologize for your unhappy experience at our hotel!

The issues have been repaired and taken care of! Thank you for writing to let me know. Our hotel is being renovated at this time and will be finished at the end of the year.

I hope you will give us another try when you visit our area again.

King Regards,
Clara Brown

Comfort Suites LA129
Vidalia LA 71373

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed in one of the rooms with a balcony overlooking the Mississippi. The room was huge, clean and comfortable. There was a love seat plus two club chairs and a very comfortable king bed. I liked it much more than the home we stayed in Natchez and it is just directly across the bridge. They even let us check in early so we wouldn't miss the USA World Cup game. Great find!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the river. If you are as lucky as we, they will not even...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Clara B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

So happy you enjoyed your stay and liked our hotel!
The Comfort Suites Riverfront would appreciate you
staying with us again when you visit our area!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We planned on visiting Natchez, MS on our way home from TX so booked the Comfort Suites hotel in advance when we found out it was just across the bridge from Natchez. We felt the AAA rate was very good for a one room suite over looking the Mississippi River and bridge. The complete suite was very neat and clean. We loved sitting on the sofa and watching all the barges go by and see the bridge in the evening with its lights on. No need to watch television when we could watch that. Hotel was very easy to find. Plenty of parking spaces. The included breakfast was the usual, which was fine for us. If we return to Natchez we would only stay here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Clara B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Wow! I appreciate all your great comments!
Please stay wit us again when you visit this area!
Regards, C Brown, GM

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Well let me start by saying my company requires me to stay in Choice Hotels so my choices were another run down property in Natchez MS or this hotel in Vidalia. This is a beautiful looking property on the outside and has a wonderful view of the river. It would probably be great for an inexpensive vacation. When I arrived everything went well staff is friendly. My room was well priced and was well worth the price a bit worn as far as the carpet but generally a great value. The problem came when I tried to use my computer. I couldn't connect to the Wi-Fi and the staff offered to help. I brought my laptop down and they couldn't connect but said no one else in the hotel was having any problem so I guess it was my problem. I went down the street to McDonalds and the wi fi there was perfect. Went back to my room and after awhile I noticed a card with the name of the wi fi company and an 800 number. I called them and after about a 20 minute wait and another 10 minutes on the phone they gave me a reference number and said they would call me back. They did say there was a problem. After about 30 minutes the wi fi started working and they did call me back to see if it was working. After that the wi fi worked but was slow and kept kicking me out of my e-mail even though the signal seemed strong.
When I make my reservation at the Choice 800 number and tell them I am here on business the first thing they tell me is about the free wi fi. Most of the Choice Hotels have mediocre to poor Wi-Fi service. Let me give you a hint I don't ever stay in hotels I know to have poor Wi-Fi service. I need this to conduct my business while out of town. There is a Comfort Inn in West Monroe that uses a company called Hot Air I believe. They have fantastic Wi Fi service. Take the hint improve your service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is very nice and clean. Great view, right on the river. Breakfast was the standard fare but it was what I expected and seemed fresh. My only negative is that when I arrived, 9:30 pm, and asked about somewhere to eat, I was told that most everything closes at 9:00. I guess the attached restaurant is only open from 4:00 to 9:00. The desk clerk told me that any nicer restaurants were a few miles away and they might be closed. I rode around the area a bit and found a Subway shop nearby. Other than the food situation though, great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Clara B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello!
I am Clara Brown, the GM, and am sorry you were disappointed with the early hours of the local restaurants. We are in a rural area and this is just one of our less than desirable charateristics1
Please join us again when you visit this area!
Regards,
Clara Brown

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had a reservation with this hotel in May of 2014. I arrived early on the day of my reservation and was told the room was not ready, that check-in was 3:00, to come back then. So we spent 4 hours killing time on a very hot day. We came back to the hotel at 3:00 and was told the room was still not ready and that she didn't know when it would be. I told her she said it would be ready at 3 and she just shrugged her shoulders. I told her I was unhappy about this and she again shrugged her shoulders. I asked to speak to the manager and she said there was not one there, that it was only her. I said, ok just cancel my reservation, and she looked at me, clicked the cancel button and said, "canceled". Wow, what customer service! I can't tell you how the room, breakfast or hotel was because I didn't get to stay there. Just go across the bridge and stay in Natchez, they are much friendlier there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Clara B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I am the GM at this property and apologize profusely for your poor reception and customer service you received at our Front Desk. I have taken measures to make sure this will never
happen again....Thank you so much for letting me know what happened to you.

If you are in our area again, I know our hotel staff can create the next experience into a complete
turn around.

Regards,
Clara Brown GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vidalia
Natchez Grand Hotel
Super 8 Natchez
#9 of 17 in Natchez
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Natchez South
Magnolia Bluffs Casino Hotel, BW Premier Collection

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!