“RRI of W. Monroe”

Red Roof Inn West Monroe
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in West Monroe
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This was a wonderful overnight stay at this facility. They have renovated this property and ALL rooms had pillowtop mattresses. Best night's sleep we've had on this trip. There was a small strip shopping center right across the street with several restaurants within walking distance Logan's Roadhouse, Chili's, Cracker Barrell to name some. We ate at the Logan's Roadhouse and had a wonderful meal.

Our option for motels is always Red Roof Inns because they are dog friendly and as long as we travel with our dog, it will be the first motel we seek out. I had originally booked a room with 2 full beds, but when we arrived the clerk said that they didn't have one of those rooms on the ground floor so I asked what they did have available on the ground floor. She was very accommodating and found us a king room and it actually was less than the booked room.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and you are far enough away from I20, that noise doesn't affect you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anita G

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The Red Roof Inn in Monroe lives up to the basic room philosophy. It was decent, clean enough, and comfortable enough for us to stay multiple times. The staff is friendly enough too. There are lots of restaurants nearby that are very nice and reasonably priced options.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This was my first stay in a Red Roof Inn, and it made a good impression. I was a little nervous about staying in a hotel with exterior corridors, but I felt totally safe during my stay. The hotel is right off of I-20, making it convenient for doing business in the Monroe area. The area itself is a little worn-out looking, but there are some nice, new restaurants nearby. The style of the room is modern and convenient. I especially liked the desk/work space. Most importantly, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

My only objections are that the wifi was a little slow, and the towels were pretty thin. Other than that, it was a good stay at a great price ($50/night).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mountaineer2015
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here for one night on a long road trip. The location was fine and lots of dining options within walking distance. We chose it because it was pet friendly and we didn't want to spend lots for a quick sleep. The room itself was old but it looked like they were remodeling the rooms to some extent. The room was semi-clean, mainly worn but it smelled strongly of bleach and carpet-fresh so you wonder what they were trying to mask, odor-wise. They have a grab & go breakfast which consisted of coffee, granola bars and apples, which was OK considering the cost of the room. Overall it was acceptable for a one night stop but next time we would look elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank suspaul
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This was a one-night stay and let me tell you, we had to drive around because I didn't want to stay in the room. We had a room facing the main road and it was incredibly loud. The air conditioning unit was loud and inconsistent, even after trying to adjust it, and the shower unit wasn't very clean. The smell was unpleasant and I sprayed Lysol and Febreze just to make it tolerable. (The room had to have previously been a smoking room.) At the top of the steps on a railing, beer bottles were scattered and were still there in the morning when we left. We were road tripping and this was the worst place we stayed in 10 nights. I have NO idea where the 5 star reviews from others came from. We did not complain at the desk because I just wanted to get out of there!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank metalheavylady
Jonathan C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Monroe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey regarding your stay in West Monroe, LA. It is our goal to provide great customer service and clean, comfortable accommodations for our guest. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and for the housekeeping issues you encountered during your stay. I can assure you that I will take the necessary steps to correct the problems. I hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to accommodate your travel needs should you return to the West Monroe area. Again, I apologize we fell short on providing you outstanding accommodations.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Nice clean hotel. Quiet and nice staff. Location was very convenient to restaurants, stores, gas stations etc. The refrigerator and coffee pot in the room was very much appreciated. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stopped here on the way to Florida. We had decided to stay in West Monroe because the kids wanted to go by the Duck Commander building. We were pleased when we found out it was less than a mile from the Duck Commander building. The rooms were clean and we had no problems at all with our stay. Lots of restaurants nearby. Price was right and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
La Quinta Inn & Suites West Monroe
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#12 of 16 in West Monroe

Been to Red Roof Inn West Monroe? Share your experiences!