“Great”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in West Monroe
West Monroe, Louisiana
“Great”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Room was great and Tina the housekeeper was awesome and kept my room looking good!she smiled and was very polite all the time I would highly recommend coking to this hotel while in west monroe.it is near many good restaurants and down the street from duck dynasty

• Stayed November 2013
Ericha L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Ericg1993,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Every review is truly recognized as we strive to earn the #1 spot in quality and service. I will be sure to share your comments with Tina as well. On behalf of the entire Red Roof Inn staff, I would like to thank you again. You are always welcome here at the Red Roof Inn West Monroe and we hope to see you again!

Ericha Lennon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Butte, Nebraska
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We found this Hotel really nice. It was fresh, clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Usually we carry our own pillows with cause the motel ones were so cheap and not at all comfortable. This Hotel is pet friendly, pets stay free, no $50. pet charge like some of the other hotels we stopped at.

Room Tip: The king size, pet rooms on the ground floor are real nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sunigrl
Dear Sunigrl,

The entire staff here at the Red Roof Inn of West Monroe would like to give you a huge thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. Reviews like this truly give us great satisfaction that we have met our goal in providing excellent service. You are truly valued as a guest here at the Red Roof Inn and we hope to see you in the near future.

Dallas
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed at red roof on a spur of the moment trip. It was priced higher than America's Best Value (which is where we usually stay), but we figured to try out a different motel. Horrible decision.

Upon walking into the room, we were constantly being watched by the men on the third floor drinking and smoking. We went to the car a few times, and they would just watch us. It was extremely uncomfortable. Even when walking down to the office, we ran into a few people who gave off a weird vibe.

We had only been checked in a few hours but still had an eerie feeling, but the front desk would not give us a refund and refused to let us leave.

There wasn't anything wrong with the room, location, or price...other than the typical mildew smell of a motel. But the uncomfortable feeling we felt with the surrounding guests will make us not want to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily B
Dear Emily B,

I am truly sorry to hear that we fell short of our goal to provide you with the best travel experience that we strive to give every guest that stays here at the Red Roof Inn of West Monroe,La. I would also like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review giving us your feedback as we continuously search for ways to improve quality and service. Again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and hope that you would give us another chance should your travel plans ever include West Monroe.

Travellers are raving about these West Monroe hotels

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed two non-consecutive nights. Night 1, Room 1 (3rd floor): television remote does not match TV. Bed was unusually springy (not a problem for me, but could be for others). Internet connection randomly resets. The deal breaker was the fire detector periodically beeping. Front desk told me "it happens" and to "take the detector off." I remove the battery and it keeps beeping. I unplug one of the wires and it keeps beeping (softer now). I unplug the other wire and lose power in the room. I get a new room.

Night 1, Room 2 (3rd floor): signs that room was not totally cleaned (bar of soap wrapper open, items displaced in room). This time remote matches television and bed is comfortable. Internet still flaky. No conditioner or even shampoo (first time at a Red Roof so perhaps this is standard). No iron. Need to request one from front desk and the first one does not work.

Night 2, Room 1 (1st floor): Internet still slow and unreliable (it's disconnected twice while writing this review). Bed is comfortable and room is clean but the space has a musty smell. Also: front desk tried to charge for two nights even though I spoke with the manager the day before to change the reservation.

Other details: elevator smells and looks gross. Staff are friendly but, on the whole, somewhat slow. Red Roof charges you for a safe unless *you ask* for the charge to be removed upon check-out. Only $1.50/night but underhanded nonetheless.

Upshot: this is Monroe, LA. One review of the Holiday Inn noted the water was brown. I have little experience with this chain and it was a poor introduction. I'm not sure how much more to expect from this area, but next time I would pay a few dollars more to stay elsewhere.

POINTS: If you do decide to stay, please note that you cannot retroactively get Red Roof Inn points for a stay after you've checked out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brabble
Ericha L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Brabble,

On behalf of Red Roof Inn-West Monroe, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay this past weekend.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your guest feedback as we will be sure to take this very seriously and use it to improve service. I will definitely convey your comments to the whole staff and work on areas of opportunity. You are truly valued as a guest and we hope that you would give us another chance to make this right. Should your plans ever include West Monroe, please contact me directly to talk about your past experience here at the Red Roof Inn and for any future reservations. Again, I am truly sorry.

318-388-2420
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

After a 19 hour trip from Florida I decided to stop at the Red Roof Inn. When I was checking in the girl at the desk was so friendly and welcoming! They were pet friendly and the manager accommodated my 2 pups. The room was nothing special but it was very clean and cozy. The property was quiet too! I would gladly stay here again!

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs I recommend asking for the ground floor. They have 3 floors at this hot...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Taylor M
Ericha L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Taylor M,

I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share all of your comments with the rest of the staff. Seeing reviews like the one you have submitted truly brings us great joy as we strive to go the extra mile for our guests and earn the #1 spot in quality and service. Your review really does mean a lot to the Red Roof Inn of West Monroe. We truly value you as a guest and hope to see you and your 2 pups the next time you are in West Monroe.

PA
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Convenient location. Dog friendly - a big plus for our group. Rooms recently redone. Nothing fancy, but the price was right, it was small but livable, service was good. Lots of restaurants around the hotel. It's not luxery digs - but then, I was not expecting that it would be.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Playswdogs
Ericha L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Playswdogs,

The entire staff would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on the Red Roof Inn here in West Monroe, La. It is always great to hear guest feedback as we strive to become the best in quality and service. We are currently awaiting another renovation so it will only get better. Once again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon if your plans include West Monroe.
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Got a great AAA rate...we asked for a handicap accessible room... The room was nicely done..a little moldy smell...but not overwhelming. The bed was comfortable...room had ample space. A lot of restaurants nearby. Easy on/off for I-20 in either direction.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business