“OUT OF ORDER”

Red Roof Inn West Monroe
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in West Monroe
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Out of order: TV, Wifi, vending machine, ice machine. In room coffee disposable baskets would not fit the maker (except decaf). No coffee or cups in room 2nd day. Staff said he'd come see TV, didn't show. Couldn't get AARP discount after reserving on line. Desk staff fib probably because they can't really fix much. Wifi finally worked. Water is yellowish city-wide so buy bottled.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn West Monroe

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We always go to West Monroe for Mardi Gras but have always stayed at another motel. We decided to try Red Roof Inn and we were very pleased. John should be complimented for his professionalism and hospitality. The rates were reasonable; the rooms were nice and clean and it is located in a very convenient location. We plan to stay there any time we are in West Monroe ad we hope that John is still working there.

1  Thank Karl M
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The manager encouraged me to write a review and I said I would. Asking me to rate a hotel is like asking a chef to rate a fast food restaurant; I used to be a housekeeper. I was warned that the room was small, but found it just fine (I was only going to be sleeping and showering). I did find long strands of hair in the bathroom (a definite no-no). The tv only had sounds on some channels. The remote had tape on the back of it holding the batteries. The bed was clean and comfy. There were enough accessible outlets for my gadgets. The staff who were there when I checked in were friendly and inviting, unlike the lady the second day I stayed (I had to get another key because mine had deactivated). It wasn't a horrible stay. Breakfast or lack there of was disappointing. It was accessible to all the places I was going to visit. The biggest issue I had was something the hotel had no control over; the smell of the town and the colored water. At first I thought they had forgot to flush the toilet, then the toilet must have been some yellow color. But after running the shower for a few minutes and calling the front desk; it was the water. I think I'm spoiled by other hotels (which I won't mention). If I'm on a budget or less than 3 day stay, I would visit again; I like my breakfast and cable channels.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed one night which was our second night in West Monroe. Got checked in a little early. A little bit of a pain getting in and out of the drive way, but the staff was great. The room was clean.and the beds were comfy. Was quite. No noise at night. Was a nice place.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our room was very clean (for me a very big deal) and comfy. Hotel was packed since there were several things going on in town that weekend. Our room was downstairs & on the corner. I was sure it would be noisy with all the people staying there and the freeway at hand but to my surprise, it was very quiet. Definitely not fancy but clean, comfy and extremely budget friendly. I will definitely stay there again on our next trip.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed at this property twice in the last couple of months. On both occasions I chose upgraded room and was pleasantly surprised. Not fancy, but clean and comfortable. The problem with this hotel is the outside areas. The breezeways are just filthy. The areas by the stairs were dirty and was being used to store equipment and broken furniture. The elevator also needed attention.
The property was being upgraded.... Hopefully the renovations include all of the areas.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The front desk staff was very kind and courteous. I stayed here because it was the lowest rate I found in West Monroe. It's near a lot of good places to eat too! I walked across the street for dinner.

The room was nice, clean, and felt fresh. The bed was comfy and I got an amazing night's sleep. Nothing to complain about on my end. Thanks for the hospitality!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business