“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in West Monroe
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When traveling for business in North Louisiana, I like staying at this Holiday Inn Express. Very clean, comfortable and I really enjoy the happy hour food & drinks in the evening with the breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Portland, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Housekeeping is very lacking in this property. My room was not cleaned, but more importantly, the previous guest's empty shampoo bottles and soap were left in the shower. The soap from that same guest was left on the vanity and the bathtub was filled with hair. Funny though, the beds had been made with the dirty sheets still on them. Also, the bathtub had a huge rust stain on it, and the wallpaper was peeling off in huge chunks. Also, the previous guest's card pocket with his name on it was there on the nightstand.

I have stayed at the property several times a year for the last 4-5 years. This is the worst that I have seen it, and will not be staying there until these items are corrected. SERIOUS attention needs to be placed ASAP on this property. I do not recommend this property to anyone. For the price, it is not a value to have to put up with the dirty rooms and unhelpful staff.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Magnolia1966
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Magnolia1966,

Krysllin G.

Travellers are raving about these West Monroe hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've stayed at this location a number of times over the years and have thoroughly enjoyed the setting-Restoration Park next door, the cleanliness and professional and accommodating staff. Things have changed. The staff seemed to be doing their jobs for the first time. My first morning there, at 7:00 a.m., the food was still in boxes in the breakfast room and the only food available was biscuits and gravy. As I left for work for the day (Monday morning), I went to the public restroom outside the breakfast room and waited on a staffer to finish using the facility. He must have been suffering from a serious case of gastrointestinal upset, because he trashed the stool. And the stool remained trashed until the Thursday morning I left-not dysfunctional, just scurvy. My daughter and grandson traveled from Dallas to visit me, and because the staff couldn't keep the stay schedule straight, they issued a room card for their room, and a man walked in on them. Not too secure. When my daughter went to the desk to let them know what they'd done, they said "So you're still here?" Trash bins were always full-the breakfast room, outside the front door-and often with trash obviously from the night before. Breakfast always seemed to be nobody's responsibility, and cleaning seemed to fall through the cracks for extended periods of time. We're all human, and there will always be glitches and missteps during a stay, but here it seemed to be the norm. I'm sorry to say I won't be back. I've always enjoyed this place.

Room Tip: Stay away from the interstate side. It can be very noisy. The elevator makes an alert sound each t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank hazmatt457
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear hazmatt457,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We truly regret to see the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We would like to follow up with you and have sent you a private message in order to obtain some additional information.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to hear from you again soon.

Adrian D
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed here for a business trip and the hotel was very nice. There were complimentary snacks, wine, and beer in the lobby. The rooms were huge and clean as well as the bathroom. The only concern is the brownish/yellow water, which the hotel says is mineral water....that's something I would have to research myself.....other than that I would stay here again! Also the parking lot is rather small, but adequate for the amount of rooms they have I guess. No biggie.

Room Tip: Non-smoking hotel, so it doesnt matter.....no good views because of its location.....1st floor King...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
leesville, la
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel staff were friendly and the overall property was clean and maintained. The hallway carpets showed signs of age. Our room was clean but had a musty smell and the tub had stains and a drippy faucet. The beds were very comfortable. Unfortunately, there were guest obviously practicing for the Olympics above us and awoke my whole family--the front desk said that had gotten other complaints and had called them already once and would call again. I suggested a formal visit--the gold medalist stopped about 15 minutes later. Breakfast was the usual but the area was clean. The hotel allows pets, unfortunately a pet owner tracked in poop all over the stairwell, hallway, and elevator. I would stay again, but will check out other options first. They are close to lots of dining options and about a mile from Duck Commander. We stayed here because my kids had a sporting even held at the West Monroe High School. We were only about 5 minutes from the High School.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cajuntravelers2007
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear cajuntravelers2007,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you liked our convenient location as well as our friendly staff service. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't say our stay was bad, but I wouldn't say I would choose them again. The hotel needs some maintenance. Most of the staff was friendly, but their was one that shouldn't be in the hospitality field :-/. I did love being able to walk right onto the trails of Restoration Park :-). Overall just an average stay.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Anitad364
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Monroe, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Anitad364,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments online. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

I am disappointed to read that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had and for the shortfalls you have encountered. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I checked in and what do you know Mon night is a managers reception night...free beer! The hotel is close to Duck Dynasty and shopping. The room is clean with a big flat screen TV. The staff was Accommodating with a capital A. ...and did I mention that they had free beer. I think we will go out of our way to stay here next time.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business