“In Complete Disarray”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 4 January 2014

First, let me say that the young lady who waited on me was polite and nice. However, they apparently could not start a carry-out order for me without a phone number, which I refused to give because I had never needed one before to place a carry-out order at a Chili's, and also because it was none of their business.

After waiting several minutes, someone asked me what name my order was under. This was interesting because I had never given them a name. Finally, they asked what I had ordered and then checked in the back. A woman, apparently the manager on duty, had a hurried conversation with someone which included something that sounded like "where's the broccoli?"

She then came out and told me that all they were waiting on was the broccoli which should be out of the oven any minute. They actually brought it to me in about 10 minutes.

In the meantime, a lady came in to pick up a carry-out order. Someone asked her name and then told her that they knew about it but could not do anything because they were not on the clock. A few minutes later, someone else asked the lady if she had been helped yet, and she replied, "I'm not sure."

Nearby several of the wait staff sat at a table loudly discussing various personal matters, and members of the kitchen crew went in and out, also talking loudly, swearing, and smoking near enough to the door for the smoke to enter the restaurant.

When I got my carry-out order, I asked if there were any eating utensils and was told there were none. The young lady searched under the counter for a few minutes and managed to come up with two packets, one of which I saw her apparently clean off before giving it to me.

Back at my motel room, I found that the Southwest Eggrolls had not been cut, which was not bad, but the broccoli was hard as a rock. The Salmon was tasty, but slightly burned on the bottom.

The whole atmosphere was that of disarray, with no one apparently in charge.

There are newer reviews for Chili's Grill & Bar

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Good experience this time. In the past we've had a hard time with service; however, when we got there they asked us to wait 10 minutes even though they didn't look full. Once seated, we had great service and good food. The loaded baked potato soup was amazing! Was never that good in the past. Others in my party had nachos and unlimited soup and salad. He tried the potato soup and agreed with me. It was great!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Good food, clean, and fast. We went in after a church event on a Sunday evening and sat in a booth in the bar.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Service at the bar was quick and the bartender was very friendly. Local beer available on tap and 2 for 1 during happy hour. Had chicken with mango and chili, was delicious! The chipolte chicken flatbread appetizer was fantastic as well.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We came to this Chilis for my son birthday celebration party of 12 people. We waited 45 mins for seating. The host expected us to wait for another large party to finish before we were seated. That family had only been seated for 10 mins waiting for drinks, no way we could have waited on them. We then had to ask them to move tables together or we would leave.