All reviews indoor pool nice room breakfast bar beds were comfortable interstate
Reviewed 22 July 2018

The best staff we've ever experienced . Took extra time and care to make sure our stay here was a pleasant one. Our family travels all throughout the South during summer months and found this location to be a great place to stay in Monroe / West Monroe.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2018

I was thinking this would be a top of the line hotel. It was clean, but clearly an older hotel that is having furnishings updated. Breakfast was typical, nothing notable. Bathroom needed work as the tub faucet dripped all night.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Attractive lobby. Nice breakfast area. Room was clean. Arrived 4pm (check in starts at 3pm) to be told my accessible room I had reserved and prepaid for was not ready. A different room was offered to me. NO! I needed the room I reserved so I waited and a short while later we were directed to room 205 with the caveat that the door lock needs work. Was told someone would be up shortly to fix the door lock. We went to dinner nearby and when we came back I asked about our door lock. No one had fixed it and I was again offered a different room. NO! I needed the room I reserved with 2 queen size beds. Moving on to the bathroom. There was a shower bench however it will not fit inside the bathtub unless you turn it sideways making it awkward to sit on. The shower head hit me directly in the face. And the tub bottom was really slippery. Even though there are plenty of hand holds, I needed to use them and still was not sure footed. My husband and grandchild had taken a shower the night before and both reported they almost slipped and feel due to the tub bottom. The only exercise I can do is in the water so I went down to the indoor pool after supper. There is a nice ramp into the room however no handicap access into the pool itself. This did not matter as I took one look at the pool and gagged. So much floating hair in the pool plus areas of floating scum on the water. So no exercise for me after along day of car travel. The beds were comfortable though. If I had not reserved and prepaid for an accessible room with kingsize bed for our return trip from New Mexico on July 7.....I would be staying at a different motel. A quick inexpensive help would be to change out the shower held with a hand held shower head and to apply a traction paint to the bottom of the tub. A better fix would be to remove the tub and install a walk in shower. This would allow a square shower bench space. Get rid of the shower bench that does not fit. As it stands now this is not a good motel if you use a walker or wheelchair.
All the employees were polite. The service lacked in not fixing the door lock and in not having a somewhat clean pool.

Room tip: If you need an accessible room, this may not be a good place to stay
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018

So unclean. So short staffed. So dated. So ghetto. So make you sick breakfast. So no. So never again. So avoid at all cost.

Feet turned black from walking from the shower to the bed. The hot tub was out order so they just threw boards on top and put up caution tape. Breakfast was from jimmy deans 1975 vault... in other words looked older than me.

Staff was always short handed. Only 1 on staff most of the time.

Seriously...
Avoid.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We came to Monroe Louisiana for a funeral. We chose Wingate Hotel due to past experiences and the close proximity to the funeral home. We stayed at total of two nights and found the hotel clean, efficient with excellent customer service. The hotel is conveniently located to the main strip in West Monroe, it's a quarter of a mile from a Regional Medical Center in many fast food restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel anyone needing a clean Hotel at a reasonable price.

Date of stay: May 2018