“Nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in West Monroe
United States
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel had easy on/off access to/from the interstate. It was only one mile to a whole area full of shops and many different restaurants to choose from. Right across the street from the convention center. Was nice for our family. Small little indoor pool that we didn't use, but would 've had we been interested.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Gloria F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for the review. I hope you have time to use the pool next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Belton, Texas
Reviewed 27 February 2014

After a bad experience last week, the staff at the hotel has bent over backwards to make my trip this week much better. The room was cleaned and maintained this time, annd the service in the restaurant was much improved. As a frequent business traveller, I understand that mistakes happen, and all I can ask is that problems are handled professionally and reasonably. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
So sorry your stay last week was not pleasant! Thank you so much for allowing us a second chance to prove that we really do care about every Guest stay.
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The staff is always professional and courteous. Facilities are always clean and well-maintained. Restaurant is very good, and the breakfast is great. Location is very convenient to I-20 (easy on and off) for quick trips to other sites in Monroe and West Monroe.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

5 STARS!!!!! We will be celebrating in our daily Huddle! Thank you!
dalton,georgia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel met all our needs plus some. Spotless, the staff was above and beyond. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. Food was excellent as well as bar staff. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
So glad we did our job well!! Thanks for the review.
USA
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I was traveling to West Monroe for business and stayed 2 nights. The beds were comfortable and my room was quiet. I was on a smoking floor in a non-smoking room and could smell stale smoke in my room when I arrived. It dissipated when I turned on the air. While the wireless internet worked fine, the TV reception would occasionally freeze up. At no fault of the hotel, the water in West Monroe is brownish in color and there is a sign in the room telling me they are aware of it and that the water is safe according to City tests. I used it to shower, brush my teeth, and water for tea and had no ill effects.

The breakfast buffet was $9.99 and was really good with a made-to-order station with several things including omelets. I think if you don't get hot food the charge is less. The waitress volunteered info that getting a room package or being a Hilton Honor's guest would lessen that cost. The location feels like it is on the edge of town but it is a quick drive to the next I-20 exit with tons of restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gloria F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hey we are so glad you had a great experience with us! And thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor.
baton rouge, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stay there for business every month and have a great experience every time. Friendly staff, clean, comfortable and very easy. There is a hampton inn next to it and I have had less than impressive experiences there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Gloria F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
We are Honored you choose to stay with us everytime you come to the area! I have shared your comments with my Team, and we all say THANKS!!
Shreveport, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Have never been to a hotel with walls this thin! Could hear every word uttered by the occupants of the next rooms. The breakfast is flavorless as well and, while we didn't try the omelets (which looked good and are made to order with such things as broccoli, mushrooms, etc.!) not worth the $10 price per person in our opinion. The bathrooms have no heaters or heated lights. The water is yellow and the staff informed us, when we asked, that is due to West Monroe's well system. . .

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Gloria F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
I am so sorry your stay was not the pleasant experience we strive so hard to provide. I want you to know we take your comments to heart and are checking into getting either sound machines or maybe fans for the Guest. We realize the importance of a good night sleep. I do hope that you will reconsider your choice not to stay with us again. I will do anything needed to make sure your next visit is a pleasant one.