Best Western West Monroe Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$107
US$56
Red Roof
US$69
US$122
Quality Inn & Suites of West Monroe(West Monroe)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$101
All reviewsfront deskceiling fanduck commandertoilet areapositive reviewsroom was cleanwafflessausageshopping and restaurantsgreat place to staynice staychecking insofa bedhot breakfastbreakfast barwould definitely stay here againnon smoking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was the perfect location!!! My friend and I decided to take a Duck Dynasty trip and we chose the best western based on how close it was to the Duck Commander and the Duck Diner! And we were not disappointed with our choice. The front desk was very helpful and the complimentary breakfast was Delicious! (Breakfast is my favorite meal) We even got a chance to use the pool which I very much enjoyed! I travel quite a bit and I've payed triple the amount to stay in smaller rooms so I was very pleased with how big the room was. Would stay again if we were to come back!

• Stayed: July 2014
Dana P, Manager at Best Western West Monroe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Greetings Sassylady1984,

On behalf of the Best Western staff of West Monroe, Louisiana, thank you. We are pleased to know you had great stay. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and our much enjoyed outdoor swimming pool. Our spacious rooms, along with the amenities we offer, provide guests a level of comfort they deserve. At the Best Western West Monroe Inn, you’ll find all the small touches that delight the value-wise traveler and friendly staff that cares. Thank you for being loyal to our brand. See you again soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We came in late, visiting for my daughter's birthday. The lady at the front desk was wonderful. Our rooms were very clean and Melissa, our housekeeping lady, had left a sweet note on the table to "have a blessed day"....we will definitely be back! Thank y'all so much for the great welcome and hospitality!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Dana P, Manager at Best Western West Monroe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Roni N,

On behalf of the entire team of Best Western West Monroe Inn, thank you for your gracious comments. Under new management, we are going renovations to the property in order to have a more updated and contemporary look. I will relay your kind comments to Melissa, our housekeeper. We take pride in having clean and comfortable rooms and providing each guest with outstanding service. We look forward to your next visit. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place was filthy, the room looked like it had not been vacuumed in days and there was food and drinks in the fridge from previous occupant. The water is brown and disgusting, the motel may not have much control over the quality of the water but if brown water is the norm (I feel it is the norm b/c the toilet was stained brown) then the motel needs to install a filtration system to clean the water so it is usable.

Dear Bruce H,

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping team to correct the problem immediately. I understand the condition of our carpet was of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our utmost priority. We fully understand your frustration, in regards to the room in which you stayed in. In such matter, we would gladly have done a room change, if available, if our desk clerk were aware of your concerns at that time. In regards to the brown water, indeed we do not have control over it but will examine more in depth about having a filtration system. I would like to assure you thou, that the color of the water comes from a harmless biomolecule called tannin. This same molecule is also found in fruits and tea. Again, thank you for your review and we hope you will reconsider on giving us another chance.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Unhelp staff; Shady characters around; seriously wondered if this Best Western rents room by the hour. I was afraid my children would see illegal activities..... Thankfully, we just needed a place to rest our heads before continuing a long car journey. NOT WORTH the money.

Dear Heidi E,

On behalf of the entire team of Best Western West Monroe Inn, I am truly sorry to hear that your visit was anything less than satisfying. I am truly surprise to know that our staff was unhelpful and that you saw “shady characters” around. As you can see from our past and most recent reviews, our staff pride themselves in helping each and every guest. As a Best Western Hotel, we do not rent rooms by the hour and forbid any sort illegal activities at our property or anywhere for that matter. Moreover, if there are any issues or concerns you may had during your stay, front desk can be reached anytime by dialing “0”, so that we may address this right away. We hope you would reconsider on giving us a second chance. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hairs in tub and sink. Toilet moved and made a loud noise when sitting on it. Sink had brownish/dirty colored water. Nasty stain on bed skirt. Stain on sheet. Stains on towels. Felt little bugs crawling on legs/feet when in bed. Felt very dirty staying here. Room stank. No towels at pool. Waffles tasted bad. We would never stay here again. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Mark N
Dana P, Manager at Best Western West Monroe Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Mark N,

On behalf of our entire team of Best Western West Monroe Inn, we sincerely apologize about the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us. In regards to the hair and stain that was found in your room, please know that this is not a norm for us. This issue has been relayed to our housekeeper who serviced the room prior to your stay and assure you this is not to happen again. Looking at our previous reviews, you can see that cleanliness is one of our top priority. In regards to the water, The City of West Monroe provides all visitors and residents with a safe and dependable water supply. Although you might notice the water is discolored, it is harmless and is tested regularly to ensure that it meets the highest quality standards. It is perfectly safe for all regular water uses including bathing. I did want to let you know that we do have a rigorous pest control program in place and we normally do not have these type of problems at our hotel.

Under new management, we are in the process of undergoing renovations to the property, in order to have a more updated and contemporary look (this includes our breakfast area and rooms). I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience you deserve. Safe Travels!

Manager