“This review is based primarily on customer service...”
Review of Inn at The Isle

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Westlake
Inn at The Isle
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed 26 May 2012

About once a month on average, Isle Capri has been my casino of choice to get my gambling fix. I'm no high-roller but I don't just go for the penny slots either. Because I use their reward card when I play, I get comped/discounted rooms at the Inn (I've never stayed at the main hotel) so a discounted Saturday night stay still costs me about $85. When I make the three hour drive from League City, TX, I normally bring my brother or a friend (all in our mid-30's) with me who also play poker and a few other table games. Up until last weekend, I've never had a problem...

Because of the way that my comps staggered, I was able to book both Friday (5/18-comped) & Saturday (5/19 - $69+tax) for $85 total so I took advantage. My buddy & I got to the Inn about 9pm on Friday to check in and though finding parking at the Inn is nearly impossible, things were going ok. We got our room (656) and it was as expected. We headed over to the casino and didn't finish losing our money until about 4:30am. For some reason, (and we still don't know what the glitch was) our room key cards wouldn't allow us entry to either entrance of the hotel. Because there wasn't anyone at the lobby's front desk (they have a button that disengages the lock) we were stuck outside. I even tried pushing different buttons on the black electrical box outside the locked doors but it didn't "call" anyone or alert the staff that we were stuck outside. I walked all the way around to the other side of the hotel to try the other door and still, nothing. Thankfully, just as I got back to the other entrance a fellow gambler was leaving the hotel so we were able to get in some time later.

Before heading back over to the casino on Saturday night we tried to resolve the issue but were met with nothing but confrontation-seeking staff members with s**tty attitudes. (we ended up getting hotel security and the LC police involved) We were in the lobby for over an hour trying to get the problem resolved but since they were "fully booked" they couldn't put us in another room that allowed us entry to the hotel. Instead, they told us over and over, "This has never happened before..." while remaking key after key after key. (I think it was five different sets over 90 or so minutes that we waited) Maintenance even told us, "This has never happened before..." as they changed the lock on our hotel room assuring us that this would fix the "glitch." It didn't, and neither did re-programming the key slot on the hotel's entry (I think they did this three times but again, nothing)

It was when the maintenance dude turned to my friend, pointed, and yelled something threatening that we got security involved. And since the hotel was in my name, they really made it clear to my friend that it didn't matter what his opinion was on the situation. (I'm 100%sure it was he that suggested five minutes into the ordeal that if they had just put us into another room, everything would be copasetic...)

So, after proving that we actually DID know how to use a hotel key card, our keys DID work for our room even though they didn't work the hotel's entry, (that's NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE...) that it was me, in fact, that booked the room and hotel security arrived did the front desk attendant finally decided to call a manager for assistance. And guess what? Miraculously, they had not one but two double rooms that they could switch us into. (Apparently, casino hosts put a hold on a few rooms on busy nights, just in case. See, it does pay to gamble insane amounts of money...) The room that they switched us to was ok except for the dust, especially on the table by the AC/heater unit as if the room hadn't seen occupants in a long time. Remember this next time you're turned away at a casino hotel...

The security staff that we dealt with were extremely cordial and their manager (Jason) seemed genuine with his apologies.(Although, he hadn't gotten the $69 charge deducted from my account by the time we checked out so maybe "genuine" isn't the right word...)

We both filled out incident reports on the ordeal and finally got back to gambling. We got back to the hotel at 2am (yep, lost again), went to check out at 5:30am and they still hadn't removed the $69 charge from my room. Since it was still the same person at the front desk that we had dealt with earlier, she made a couple of phone calls and then reluctantly removed the charge. I'm a pretty tolerant guy and this is the first time that I've ever had a room comped. I think I'll just take my money to Coushatta from now on....

Room Tip: If you can afford $25 table minimums, go to L'Auberge Du Lac. If not, Coushatta is pretty afford...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank lxlSamiamlxl

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed here with my family and finally had a chance to relax. We had to walk over to the Isle of Capri to swim but that is a short walk. There is no microwave or mini fridge but a cool ceiling fan. Overall we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We were passing through the area and needed a place to crash for the night. The main casino hotel was full, so we ended up at the "Inn". We were supposed to be in a non-smoking room, as we are not smokers and I have low tolerance for smoke. The Inn apparently allows smoking in all the common areas, and as such is very smoky. Also our room on the 2nd floor smelled like a smoking room, although there weren't any ash trays. The Inn is located right across the street from some sort of very ugly industrial area, and under the bridge of a major highway. You have to drive through a really ugly area to get there, then you're not sure you want to stay. We didn't have much of a choice since we had already booked the room.

The room itself was roomy, but the decor was depressing -everything in shades of gray and no artwork. The bed was not comfortable at all. Aside from the smoke though, the room was clean. I would say if you don't mind cigarette smoke and you're going to be spending time at the casino across the street, this may be a good value. We only paid $70 a night, plus taxes, which were $3.

I should also mention that we had stopped at several other places in the area to preview the rooms, and they were so bad that we didn't want any of those. It was alot nicer than the other 3 hotels we had previewed of similar class and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the casino. The other side is industrial and scary.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tripcasey
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I have stayed here several times and have not been disappointed. The rooms are always clean, the beds are comfortable and they have extra pillows on the bed. The staff has always been very friendly. The inn has easy access to I-10.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank jfc415
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I have sayed here twice before and had a great time. I have never paid over $70 total to say here and have had a great time. The parking to pretty good and the place is pretty good as well. I like to fact that you can walk to the casino which is only 2 mins away. It is pretty easy to have a few drinks in the Hotel room then walk to the Casino (Isle of Capri) and play then walk back. I highly recommend it. The rooms are not bad but they are not 5 star, I would consider them a good 3.5 star but not dated and the bed was very plush and comfy.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2009

You know, when you stay at a place like the Inn, it is not for luxury or for the amenities. It is a place for gamblers to go and rest, and for us it was the perfect place! Room was small but decorated well. Beds were very comfy, good sized TV. Walls are thin, but fellow stayers were quiet so this was not an issue. Housekeeping had missed leaving us coffee for the coffee maker - we called room service and did not receive a response. We then called the front desk and they said that they had add'l coffee packs, but that we would need to come get them. You can use the fitness center and pool at the Isle Hotel, but the fitness center is just a room with a few machines. It's just a no frills place to stay, but nice and clean for what it is. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

Been to Inn at The Isle? Share your experiences!