“Tower Rooms”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I must say, I was thoroughly impressed with the newly remodeled rooms at the Isle of Capri Tower Hotel. I stay at many hotels in my travels around the country and the amenities in their standard room was top notch and the bathrooms were large and spacious with both an oversize bathtub and a walk in shower. Plenty of room for a big guy like me to move around.
I though I would be disappointed since they were the only casino hotel that was not sold out.
For a hotel at that price range? Top notch. Now can you do something about the size of that river boat?

Room Tip: Check in early enough to ask for a water view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Twelveiron
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I appreciate your feedback concerning our newly remodeled Tower rooms. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the new look, as we have worked hard to upgrade our facility for our guests. You also made mention of the size of the riverboat. While we are not as large as some of our competitors, we do believe that we have something else that we can offer: some of the friendliest team members in Southwest Louisiana. We take a lot of pride in smiling, greeting our guests, and making sure that you are having fun.

Thanks again for letting us hear from you. See you soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

My wife and I recently visited the Isle of Capri Lake Charles and were pleasantly surprised at the recent changes they've made. New fixtures and room upgrades have pull this hotel up a notch. The personnel are always friendly and accommodating despite the remodeling efforts going on around them. Even if you don't gamble and need a trip break, try the Isle and I'm sure you'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry W

I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed all of the renovations that have been completed over the past couple of years and sincerely appreciate your recommendation. We have devoted a lot of time and resources on providing a clean, safe and fun destination for each of our guests. Your positive feedback reinforces my belief that we have the friendliest team members in Southwest Louisiana and we hope that you will be back to see us soon.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

In our group of 4 (2 moms with 2 adult daughters) we had varying opinions. We visited Delta Downs, Isle of Capri and L'Auberge over the weekend.

I am a non-smoker, non-drinker, who wasn't on a budget and prefer table games. Delta Downs to me was so smoky that after a half hour, I felt a little dizzy and got that tobacco taste in my mouth. Overall, I thought it was ok, just too small with limited slot machines. The one thing I did appreciate is that they do group the machines together so if you are looking for the penny machines, they are all located in one area. Out of the 3 casinos, they had the most penny or cheaper machines. Isle of Capri was smoky also but not as bad. It covers 3 floors so you do feel like you are wandering everywhere looking for certain machines. It was ok to me. I loved L'Auberge because they had the most variety of games. When we first walked in early afternoon, I thought it must be a non-smoking casino because I didn't notice any smell although I could see people smoking. By night, it was definitely noticeable but tolerable. While I was disappointed that the cheapest black jack tables were $25, I loved the wide variety of poker machines. At all 3 casinos, I felt I equally lost and won money but because L'Auberge is more expensive than Delta Downs, it "seemed" that you won more money at L'Auberge but of course you are betting with a higher amount.

My friend is a smoker and drinker who wasn't on a budget and prefers penny slots. Delta Downs is still her favorite. While she even admitted that the smoke was bad, she likes how it's not as crowded and the people are more courteous. The waitresses were always available and serving drinks. And of course she loves that it's only slots. She also has stayed in their hotel and says that the rooms are fantastic, roomy and very comfortable. She thought Isle of Capri was ok but also felt navigating all the floors looking for her penny machines was a pain. She said the waitress service was very good. She thought L'Auberge was just ok because her penny machines were few and far between, waitresses were non-existent and it is VERY crowded.

Our 2 daughters are non-smokers, drinkers and on a budget. Both didn't like the smoke of Delta Downs but really appreciated the quick waitress service. So both preferred Isle of Capri because the smoke wasn't as bad, the waitress service also was quick and they also had alot of cheaper machines. Both felt that L'Auberge was a rip off. Even though they lost at every casino, they felt it took longer to lose at the other two than L'Auberge. They also complained that the whole time they were there not one waitress ever approached them....which forces you to go to the bar to BUY a drink instead of getting a free drink. They didn't like how crowded it was, feeling like they were constantly being bumped into but did like that it wasn't so smoky.

So while we all would rate the Isle of Capri differently, I'm the one turning in the review so I give it an ok rating.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank wizofwoz

Thank you for the synopsis of your recent trip to the Southwest Louisiana casinos. It was interesting to note the varied differences of opinion of the four ladies in your group. It just goes to show that we, as casino operators, have to be on our toes in order to satisfy all of our guests all of the time.

We hope you and your friends will visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I used to visit more often but then life got busier on this end, now that my son is off to college I had a chance to run over to Lake Charles and visit the Isle of Capri Casino, it has always been my favorite casino.

I was pleasantly surprised at all the changes, new carpeting in the casino, new slots, helpful staff...I could not have had a nicer visit. The Ladies rest rooms were immaculate. Being a frequent visitor in the past, I was leary of all the new slot machines, there were some of my old favorties however I played the new dollar slots and made friends with them quickly.

I was there for about 12 hours, not once did I need to look for a waitress to get beverages, they came around ~ every 10 minutes and that was through the late night hours into morning/noon. I needed help with just one small thing and I am happy to say the gentleman I approached for help was more than gracious explaining the new fan club benefits and assisting me with my requests. Thank you Mr. C.P., your hospitality was greatly appreciated.

I have been to the other casinos in the area and Isle of Capri beats them all. Well done!

Room Tip: I have stayed in the hotel in the past and the rooms were more than adequate....and the jacuzzi a ni...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank DLLKTexas
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

I was happy to hear that your schedule permitted you to visit us again and that you were pleased with everything that we have accomplished over the past two years. The tower renovation was just completed and we are now in the process of remodeling the hotel front desk area. Hopefully you will be able to visit your favorite casino again in the near future and enjoy one of the tower rooms. Even though the Jacuzzis have been replaced with soaker tubs, I think you will be extremely impressed.

Thanks again for the positive feedback.

Paul E. Hutchens
Vice President/General Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2012

This casino is nice and fun too but not that big. It smells too much like smoke and I don't think they have a smoke free place. Although the advantage of being small is the service for drinks. I do recommend the casino if you don't mind the smell of the smoke but I can't speak for the hotel since I didn't get to stay there. I didn't really see anything for kids like the other casino.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

I am sorry that you found the casino to be too smoky. Our riverboat was built in 1995, over seventeen years ago and we do not have some of the newer, state-of-the-art technology that current facilities are being built with. This is complicated by us having one of the smaller casinos in southwest Louisiana built on three decks.

Over the last two years, we have spent several hundred thousand dollars to make improvements to our air quality and comfort. We recently hired a consultant to assist us with identifying other opportunities to improve our air comfort. We are still working through the consultant’s initial report so I don’t yet know our immediate next step or when that might be complete.

In any event, I do want to let you know that this is an important issue to me and our management team. I also know how important this is to our guests. I will continue to work to make the improvements that you ask for. Thank you for your patronage and your patience. I appreciate your feedback.

Paul E. Hutchens
Vice President/General Manager

Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. We were staying a week so they brought a microwave and mini fridge up to our room. Front desk staff switched our room when they saw my wife was pregnant. They knew she would be in the room a lot while I was gone so they put us in a room that had a balcony overlooking the lake for her. Nice!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I travel for a living, I'm currently Platinum with Marriott and Priority and Diamond with Hilton. I obviously stay at name brand hotels and this trip has reinforced why. While booking a room for a trip to Lake Charles, LA (I normally stay at Hampton Inn (only Hilton property in Lake Charles)) I saw this hotel and thought it was a good deal. Booked my room at the Isle of Capri Hotel through our corporate online travel agency (AMEX). I was reluctent to stay in a unknown hotel so I checked out the pictures of the property, looked real nice. When I arrived at the Isle of Capri they informed me I would be staying at their other property, Inn at the Isle. What??? If I book a room at Marriott I expect to stay at Marriott, not the Comfort Inn accross the street that's owned by the same company! I let the desk clerk at Isle of Capri know I was unhappy, I let the desk clerk at Inn at the Isle know I was unhappy and went back to Isle of Capri and let the Manager on Duty know. Everyone of them said I keep telling our manager it's confusing to the guests. They also said this happens all the time. I've filed a complaint with AMEX Travel and will be sure to tell everyone to stay away. Inn at the Isle isn't horrible if you do't mind a run down hotel with dirty rooms and moldy stairwells. Mr Hutchins if you want to know who I am just ask your staff I'm sure they know.

Room Tip: Make sure you know what hotel your booking your stay at!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jeff M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
Courtyard Lake Charles
#11 of 36 in Lake Charles
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!