“Great time at the Isle of Capri!!!!”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed at the Isle of Capri this Saturday night upon returning home from a Florida road trip. We found the place to be friendly and fun. The tower rooms are large, comfortable and very modern. The flat screen TV and large tubs are a great touch.

We didn't visit the pool during our trip, so we can't comment about that area.

We had a great dinner at the steakhouse and then had a great time gambling through the night. There is a great variety of machines and tables and the frequent player points and bonuses were generous. We had enough comps for the Sunday brunch which was very good and included a Bloody Mary bar, super prime rib, excellent fried chicken and crabs.

The isle of Capri is extremely well managed. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Thank you for a great trip. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent overnight visit. We always enjoy learning that our efforts to provide a fun and friendly atmosphere are appreciated by our guests.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I actually play and stay there - I was tired one morning after playing on the boat. I was quickly comped a room in the tower - they also have an Inn off property about a block, I have not been there - very nice clean - amenities were appropriate.

Games are the usual but watch out for the 6-5 tables for blackjack. The single deck has too many rules -double down on 10-11 only limited splits 6-5 payouts not 3-2 - slots fluctuate tight and loose. Staff is generally friendly - They do cater to the locals rather heavily.

Buffet could be a little better - actually have a breakfast buffet. The Tradewinds a kinda snack bar with some ok choices but could be better. Hard to find out comp levels. Otis and Henry's Steakhouse is pretty decent. Beware mudbug season at the buffet the line goes on forever. If you don't know what mudbugs are read crawfish, you ain't from around here. Most of the southern style food is pretty good. Poker in the hold is decent long wait lists so call or go there first if you want to play may take hours to get on a table.

Ghetto? ok its smokey and cramped, especially week-ends, many locals and they warm up to you pretty quick. Just make sure you kind of know how to play or you'll get strange looks and advice from other players. It's a lot less expensive than the place across the lake. Driving from Baton Rouge beware the exit is at the base of the bridge on the west side and does a sharp U and it's not the best marked place on the interstate. Coming from Beaumont/Houston its the Westlake exit again not marked for Casino or Attraction very well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bill_C_06
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife and I arranged recently for accommodations at the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel for her birthday. I admit that we were both skeptical about staying at a Hotel/Casino, for we had heard horror about casinos. However we were both pleased with our stay. We arrived on a Saturday, and found that the line to check in was short, and moved rather quickly. We sprung for the Jr. Suite inside the Tower. Our room was surprisingly spacious, clean and contemporary. The garden tub located next to the bed reminded us of our stays in Cancun and was a very nice touch. The granite vanity inside the bathroom had ample space for wife’s makeup and hair products. A shower was also available. We were located on the 2nd floor, and experienced no issues with noise or smoke smells. The pool was a decent size, but lacked a sufficient amount of lounge chairs. We both agreed that a few additions to make this area more exotic would work wonders for this space. Nevertheless it was sufficient enough. The food in the buffet and restaurant was rather bland, but if you are staying a short time it shouldn’t be that big of a deal. The Casino area was large with for 3 different levels. Yes there were smokers throughout this area, but surprisingly it was not over bearing. All in all, our stay was quite pleasant. The Isle of Capri Casino Hotel definitely changed our perception of Casino/Hotels. We will definitely visit in the near future.

Tips:

Make sure to book your room in the Tower and not the Inn across parking lot. The rooms inside the Tower are a lot nicer. Call to confirm your reservation a couple days before to avoid any miscommunication.

If you want a nicer view, ask for one of the higher floors.

Special Thanks:

Upon entering the floor (2nd ) that our room was located on, my wife and I experienced some difficulty with our room key. A housekeep named Sharon came over to assist us immediately. She was extremely friendly and more than happy to help us. Her nice gesture got our stay off to a nice start. Thanks Sharon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Isle of Capri for your wife’s birthday celebration. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Even more pleasing was the fact that you singled out one of our team members. Sharon was surprised when she was recognized in her departmental meeting for her great service to you.

Now that we have dispelled the rumors you had about casino hotels, we hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I booked a double queen suite for four. I was concerned that the room would be too small. I was surprised at the size. Nothing bad too say about the room. Nice beds and mattress.
the bathroom was huge with a garden tub and a separate shower. The cost was worth what I paid. Had a refrigerator and coffee maker in room. The only thing bad about he Isle of Capri was that I didn't win any money.

Room Tip: Be sure you request a room at the Tower and not the Inn.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your visit to the Isle of Capri and we certainly appreciate the positive feedback about our newly renovated hotel rooms.

We hope you will choose to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed at Isle of Capri Inn and the rooms were nice size and clean. I thought the staff was very friendly at check-in considering there were lines. Shuttle bus was always around to the casino however it was only 2 minute walk. For the true gambler the room worked.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at The Isle of Capri Casino Hotel. We always appreciate the feedback, and we are glad that you had a good experience.

We hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I honestly can not complain about anything at this hotel/casino. Everything I needed was taken care of. Everything I wanted was there. The staff was amazing in the hotel and In the casino. Best hotel stay I have had in a long time.

• Stayed: December 2012

I was pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your recent visit and hope you will become a regular visitor to the Isle. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest casino in Southwest Louisiana.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I find that casino's that have a hotel attached to the casino offers wonderful value for the money they charge. I have stayed at many casino hotels and I believe they are a hidden treasure because they are clean, well maintained and well lite with 24 hour security, something that regular hotel seems to offer but they really don't. Casino's have parking lots with cameras that are monitored, your car won't get broken into and if you need an escort to your car they will be glad to see you to your car for safety.
The Isle of Capri is a large hotel located across from the Isle of Capri casino. I have found that it was clean with lots of clean, thick, bright white towels. The bathroom was spotless as was the tub and shower- no mold to be found. There is a very nice desk in the room with a coffee maker and many packages of coffer for your use. The queen size bed in my room was comfortable, the sheets were clean as was the bedspread. There was no smell of smoke in my room, even the window drapes were clean. The carpet could use a cleaning, there were several light stains but it was vacuumed clean. (room 3379) Over all I would rate it very good, if the carpet was cleaned I would have given them an excellent score,

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your visit to the Isle of Capri in Lake Charles. We strive to provide fun, friendly service, and fantastic value for our guests. We also appreciate the comments on where we can improve. We will work on that for your next visit.

Hope to see you soon.

Vice President/General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
Courtyard Lake Charles
Courtyard Lake Charles
#12 of 38 in Lake Charles
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!