“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Cypress, Texas
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have stayed at the Inn at Isle of Capri twice now as they are one of the few places you can actually find and book a room on short notice. The first stay was honestly not the best as it was quite noisy in the hallways and the room next door. The rooms we have had both times is a King standard which is quite adequate for two people. (king sized bed, 1 chair , dresser, 2 bed side tables). The second time we stayed at the Inn at Isle of Capri I remembered to bring a small fan from home to drown out some of the noise and it worked wonderfully. I couldn't hear any noise from the next room and only slight noise from doors being opened and shut. We slept so much better this trip. We love the short walk to the Isle of Capri casino and I did surprisingly well on the slots and came home with some money. Love, Love, Love the penny slots as they have signs throughout and on the machines that say loosest penny slots in town and I believe it. I also did quite well on a fifty cent machine. We had a great trip in a wonderfully comfortable room and are already planning our next trip to Isle of Capri.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

We always stay at this hotel when passing through, beds are comfortable and the rooms are always clean. The casino is walking distance, which helps if you want to drink while at the casino. The pool is fantastic and we love the spa.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Redfish3
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stayed in one of the suites at this hotel and was very happy with the room and service. Clean large room with nice flat screen tv and large tub with separate shower. Stayed on the Sunday through Thursday discount days and got a great room for a great price. Overall very nice experience.

2 Thank Jim B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

My Husband and I absolutely love this Hotel, It's very clean, has comfortable beds with large bathrooms and a large Jacuzzi tub, It has a great view of the water, It's in the Casino lobby and is very convenient to Isle of Capri Casino and other surrounding Casino's.I would recommend this Hotel to anyone that needs a get away or vacation. It is absolutely fabulous.

Room Tip: Choose a room by the water, it has a great view.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were at Isle of Capri for Labor Day weekend with my sister-in-law and her husband. Great trip! I'm not much of a gambler, so the hotel is more important to me than to the rest of the family. I have lots of good stuff to say - the hotel staff is friendly and helpful, the entrance is convenient (thank goodness for the shade!), the lobby is well appointed and the checkin procedures easy. Our updated room had a great view, great bed, nice soaking tub, beautiful bathroom, plenty of storage - a room worth spending time in, in and of itself. I recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
dallas, texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had read a few reviews and was some what hesitant about staying at this hotel, but Lake Charles is limited on hotel selections and the other brand new casino was full for the night. The lobby was clean and the staff was very pleasant, the desk clerk was very courteous and knowledgeable and provided me with an even lower rate than I mentioned, since I was Fan club member, having just joined that day. The hotel allows for smoking rooms, so I did smell some smoke in the lobby area because I think the first floor must be smoking rooms, but my room and floor did not have any smoky odors. The bed was comfortable, the pillows were comfortable and the overall room was clean. Although the bed linen on one of the beds had cigarette burns on it, that was not an issue since I only used one bed anyways and it was in a good condition. I think the Inn is quieter than the Tower rooms, I asked to be on top floor because often times I can hear the people walking on higher floors above me. I was not able to get a top floor but this was not a problem because I could not hear the people above me, but I could hear the people out in the hallway when they left their rooms, but there was not much foot traffic so I was not really disturbed about this. The bath towels were ok, one was a bit rough but the others were softer and absorbent, and the shampoo, soaps, etc. were rather pleasant smelling, some type of orange essence and it was not overpowering like some other hotel chains are. Overall I got a pretty decent night's rest and I feel the money was worth it. It was not a bad walk across the lot and security was visible on the property and parking lots for the most part so I felt rather safe walking the distance between the casino and the Inn.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Fanclub membership even if you do not use the casino, so you can get the lower room...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for your positive comments from your most recent visit to the Isle of Capri. We have received great feedback on both our Tower and Inn hotel rooms. We have a room for any size party or budget and think of our guests as friends and family visiting for a night or two.

Our goal is to make the Isle of Capri your favorite place to stay and play and it looks like we are well on our way.
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I used the Isle of Capri as a hotel rather than as a casino guest. This is a great choice for the business traveler looking for a deal in Lake Charles. There aren't a lot of hotels to choose from. I had intended to stay in the Inn but the desolate location made me think twice. I'd have had to walk across a large parking lot and road to get to the fitness center, which is located in the Tower, so I decided to stay in the Tower. The Tower is about $40 more than the Inn.

When checking in I asked for a quiet room. I was given a non-smoking room on the 10th floor. The room was great! It had a a massive tub in it and free wifi. However I think that the floor must have both smoking and non-smoking rooms because I smelled of smoke the following day. It's what one expects of a casino so I can't really complain. The rooms are not sound-proofed. I could hear doors slamming all night long. It wasn't that guests were loud, it was the design of the doors themselves. Still the rooms are spacious and comfortable.

The lobby had really poor air conditioning so I did not use the fitness center. I ate at the restaurant with the buffet breakfast. It was overpriced compared to Las Vegas casino buffets. I think it came to $9 in spite of misleading signs advertising $5 for members of some club. Once I got my food I had a bit of trouble getting drink service. I am sympathetic to the conditions of the service industry so I still tipped well. I sensed that the staff are either overworked or understaffed, A better bet than $10 for this breakfast buffet is to bring a bagel with you. There aren't any convenience stores in here or near here from what I can tell so plan accordingly. The other restaurants here looked like Applebee's (yuck). I would have spent money on dinner in one of them if they had looked nice.

Overall, I was surprised that the casino's ambiance was not more luxurious. The rooms were great compared to the casino and its restaurants, which were more like an amusement park and food-court. The rooms are also great compared to Hampton Inns and Marriott Courtyards. The fitness center looks excellent. For business travel this is a great deal.

If I were passing through again I'd stay in the Inn, not the Tower, and not leave my room. At $69/night you can't beat the price in Lake Charles. The amenities in the casino aren't worth the extra money or effort.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank vincenzas638
Thank you very much for your fantastic comments. We recently completed a $15 million remodel of our Tower rooms, fitness center, lobby and banquet rooms and have received amazing feedback from our hotel guests. Being a member of our Fan Club has its benefits, such as discounted rooms rates, preferred buffet pricing, happy hour promotions and awesome casino promotions. All you have to do is sign up at the Fan Club booth and use your card when you gamble in the casino on table games or slot machines.

Our goal is to make the Isle of Capri your favorite place to stay and play in Lake Charles and we hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
Hampton Inn Lake Charles
Hampton Inn Lake Charles
#3 of 34 in Lake Charles
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lake Charles Casino Area

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!