“Lost a customer...”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We loved the Isle,we stayed there often enjoyed the casino and some of the dining,but after getting booted frm our original room @ tower,to being rebooked@Inn takes the cake,which happen twice,we have decided to take our business elsewhere @Coushatta,which is better with rooms and comps.,and we notice a lot of our friends frm the Isle @ coushatta so it seems we r not the only ones who have left

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Bayoubella
Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. I regret that you experienced challenges with the location and availability of your guest room. Our goal is to make Isle of Capri your favorite place to Stay and Play, not just some time, but all of the time. I am sorry that we fell short of our goal and we will work hard to improve each element of the guest experience.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This past weekend was our second trip to Isle of Capri. The first was over 10 years ago. We stayed over night in the Tower. From check in to check out we had a great time. All of the staff we met were very friendly and all wished us good luck. The hotel room was larger than I was expecting and very clean. The bed and furniture was comfortable.
Had fun in the Casino. We play quarter slots which kept us occupied for hours. There were more nickel and penny slots. I wish there were more quarter slots to choose from.
We were going to eat at the buffet but since it was Friday night seafood was served and the price was at $25.00 per person. We chose to have a club sandwich from upsatairs. The sandwich was enough for two and reasonably prices. Staff was friendly and helpful. We will go again soon.

Room Tip: Get a room farther from the elevator to help eliminate foot traffic. Also the room is less expensive...
1  Thank Terry D
Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you for your visit this week and your fantastic comments about fabulous hotel rooms and amazing staff. The Buffet does offer a $5.99 breakfast $7.99 lunch and $11.99 dinner buffet during the week just make sure you have your Fan Club card with you. Our seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday nights is $25.99 and offers a wide variety of fresh local seafood and regional specialties.We work hard to ensure that Isle of Capri your favorite place to Stay and Play, we hope to see you back at the Isle soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This was my first experience at Isle of Capri. The hotel is extremely nice; clean and spacious. My only complaints about the hotel are the pillows, flat and useless like most hotel pillows and I woke up to kids yelling in the hall. There were quite a few children at the hotel considering there is absolutely nothing for them to do. So I cannot figure out why people bring children in the first place.

The casino is kind of low-end and leaves something to be desired. The majority of it is slot machines with only a few tables on 2 of the 3 levels. Although, I must say, the staff was extremely friendly.

We had dinner at the bar and grill. The food was pretty good, service was alright. About 1/4 of the way into our meal the server asked if we wanted desert, but didn't ask once we were done eating. Then she brought the check without asking if we wanted anything else. We wanted another cocktail. The couple at the table next to us both had bent utensils.

We had breakfast at the buffet which was pretty awful. The food was the same stuff hotels usually serve as continental - canned or pre-made and artificial - except in this case they charged for it.

I like to end on a positive so here are a couple: 1. The valet service was quick, 2. We loved our room. We had an amazing view of the lake the room could only be nicer if there was a fridge (you have to pay extra to get one). Also, the room rate was very good.

1  Thank blh63

Thank you for your recent visit. Please accept my apologies that you did not enjoy your visit. We want to make sure that we consistently provide a clean, safe, friendly, and fun experience each time that you visit. Your comments will be reviewed by each department and used as a training tool to improve future guest experiences. I am sorry that you did not have an outstanding stay and hope that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms at the tower were spacious and looked newly remodeled. The only drawback was our luck at the casino. The room made up for our losses. Will make plans to visit again.

Room Tip: Pick the tower rooms, not the inn rooms.
1  Thank Rene Y

Thank you so much for your recent stay and your great comments about our new Tower hotel rooms. We have received a lot of amazing feedback regarding our entire remodel of the Tower guest rooms, meeting rooms, fitness room and lobby. Our goal is to make Isle of Capri your favorite place to Stay and Play and we look forward to your next visit. See you soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I've been going to this hotel for years but have not been for about 5 years. In the past the hotel rooms were not always clean and many of the employees had really bad attitudes. I was just there 12/23 - 12/25/2013 and I must say this hotel has changed drastically. Obviously there is new management. The rooms are renovated beautifully and very clean, every employee from the waiters to security to the maids to pit bosses wish you good luck with big smiles. Everyone is helpful and cheerful. Amazing! Before they would all be complaining about how much they hated their job! It was great. Love the new look and the new attitude. If you're like me and have had bad experiences at the Isle of Capri Lake Charles I would suggest giving them another chance... I stayed in a Jr. Tower suite - a nice large room with comfortable seating and a desk, plenty of hot water for the HUGE soaking tub, a/c and heating worked perfectly. Very little outside noise in the room. There's a nice window overlooking the river and the bridge. I had the lunch and breakfast buffet. The lunch buffet was OK with plenty of choices but some of the food was somewhat dried out and not perfectly cooked. Breakfast had fewer choices but the food was great both mornings. I saw many people winning on slots all over the casino. I actually gambled alot and came out with just slightly less than I arrived with, so not a big winner but I hardly lost anything either, so I consider that a win! I will definitely return, thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brenda B

Thank you very much for your recent stay and your great comments. Our goal is to make Isle of Capri your favorite place to Stay and Play. 2014 looks to be an exciting year here at the Isle with new slot machines and an expanded non smoking area in the casino along with great updates to The Buffet and Tradewinds. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Love the isle, outstanding service in the casino, where I spend most of my time. Rooms at the Inn or the Tower are comfortable and clean,my favorite place to eat is at Otis & Henry's.Skip the buffett, find Otis & Henry's , you will not be disappointed! But if you are into cajun food, you have to try Pat's of Henderson...

Room Tip: Get there early on the weekends, they fill up fast.Confirm your reservation with a credit card to ma...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Eric E, Director of Hotel Operations at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for your recent visit. I’m glad to read that the Isle of Capri is your favorite place to stay and play in Lake Charles. We have some great changes to both The Buffet and Otis & Henry’s in 2014. See you soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have really enjoyed the buffet in the past but the past 3 months have been awful,I frequent there often,the seafood buffet was terrible 12/6/13,visited 12/7/13 had leftover food from yesterday and it looked the part....pls do better

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
Courtyard Lake Charles
#11 of 36 in Lake Charles
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lake Charles
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lake Charles

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!