“Inn at Isle of Capri”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here again for business. Nice hotel. The Inn has nice rooms and is clean. Great prices during the week. Restaurants on site (not the greatest food and long wait times), convenient to the interstate. Will return again.

Room Tip: I get a quiet room... high floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We made a family trip to Lake Charles expressly for visiting Louisiana casinos we hadn't been to before. I had a players club card from the much smaller Isle of Capri in Natchez, Mississippi and brought it along for the trip. Having been to this location in Lake Charles, I now understand why people wrote negative reviews about the quaint little riverboat in Natchez. The Lake Charles facility is huge and packed with amenities. The covered parking garage had so many stories that it has apparently become a local tradition to watch fireworks from its rooftop judging from the mob scene we inadvertently encountered up there on July 4th. But I am getting bored with these gigantic tropical theme casino resorts. I am a slots player and when I see all this overkill decor it makes me seriously concerned about how tight the machines will be. I went to the players club at Lake Charles and after a long wait in line got a less than thrilling result from the host behind the desk. I already knew I wasn't a brand new customer to the chain itself. But I practically had to beg the guy to swipe my card and see if I had anything on my account or if they had any incentives because I was a first time visitor to the Lake Charles casino. Nothing at all. I felt quite unwelcome, especially when I boarded the boat and found my Natchez issued card didn't work in any of the Lake Charles machines. I went around to several different types with no success. I knew the card wasn't demagnetized because it worked on the host's computer and I was able to swipe it at the promotions kiosk. The slot attendant I showed this problem to simply told me to go back to the so-called Fan Club. Once again the line was very long so I gave up in disgust and left. One would have at least expected the host to be aware of this discrepancy and issue another card in the first place. Our next stop was L'Auberge where we were treated much more cordially by the staff. Unless the Isle of Capri sends us comps, it is extremely unlikely that we would return to their Lake Charles location in the future.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BuickMackane
Jordana A, Guest Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We apologize for the issue with your card and our staff. We strive to create an excellent customer experience for everybody. We would like to hear more about your visit so we can work towards a resolution. Please give us a call at 800-430-2300 when you have a chance. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were greeted with no real explanation how we were bumped from the king bed we had reserved a week earlier for a 2-queen bed room. The room was nice enough it had uncommon short ceilings and a lousy shower that is mounted eye level on the wall with very little pressure. The package we opted for included $10 for gambling and the night clerk said that the promotion was over even though it was printed on our confirmation I had forgot to bring. She did write us up one and warned it would probably be no good. We took it to the casino and it was good. The next day I asked the day clerk and explained what had happened and she backed the night clerk claiming the promotion had ended. Nobody bothered to check the website, I don't know if they had a scam going on or what but something sure didn't pass the smell test they didn't want to give up the $10 for nothing. The breakfast buffet was very good, had to walk or drive to the casino across the parking lot if the weather is bad, no connection or shuttle offered. I've stayed at the Tower and the rooms are nicer and they have great showers but I wouldn't say they are $30 a night better. There was no noticeable cigarette smoke at the Inn at the Isle compared to the Tower Hotel so that is a plus for people that want to stay away from unwanted smoke/smell.

Room Tip: I could not get the king bed I had booked a week earlier so good luck getting any special request. I...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DENNIS D
Jordana A, Guest Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dennis,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the room inconvenience but appreciate the positive review.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Not worth the money I paid.. ice machine loud. Room not insulated..manager don't know courtesy. It's just like staying at a motel..not recommended, there are much newer and nicer accommodations around...

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank T M

We are sorry to hear that your room didn't meet your expectations as we strive to provide an excellent experience at our hotel. We would like to hear more about your stay to learn how we can make your visit a much better one. Please give us a call at 800-430-2300. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I stayed the night on our way back from Texas. We did not stay in the Tower. The room was nicer than I expected and the bathroom was ginormous. I didn't understand the phone by the comode however. The staff was very friendly. The food hot, even thorugh it was after 10pm when we ate. The only downside was teh view from the room was blocked, but since we weren't in teh room much except to sleep that was fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kidsof3

Thanks so much for the kind review! We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed in a nonsmoking tower room for one night. No matter the location in a smoking casino hotel a nonsmoker will likely still smell it but I knew this going in. Room was pretty spacious and bath was oversized but didn't utilize the space well. Bulk of the bath was an oversized tub that was for soaking only, no jets. Separate shower, which I assume the overwhelming majority uses, was rather small. Furnishings and decor were nice but housekeeping missed what appeared to be a dried up old chicken tender on the floor in the sitting area. Room had a view of the pool which looked nice with a decent sized hot tub but it rained all day so I didn't use.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear about the housekeeping issue. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations. Please give us a call at 800-430-2300
when you get the chance so we can hear more about your visit. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

To be clear, there are 2 hotels at this casino. This review is NOT for the tower, this is for the smaller inn next to it. The staff seems very helpful as you check in and out, but this hotel or Inn, as they call it, is no where near the $200 dollar rates they charged. I've stayed at motel 6's that had more amenities, were more comfortable, and updated. I give this hotel a $60 dollar rating on their best day.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank 1LSUDAD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westlake
Golden Nugget Hotel
Courtyard Lake Charles
Courtyard Lake Charles
#12 of 38 in Lake Charles
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lake Charles South

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles? Share your experiences!